Last Updated on June 19, 2023 by Rental Recon
Uplisting and Hospitable are two software programs that have become popular choices for vacation rental management in 2023. They help hosts by organizing information into user dashboards and automating their messages. So when it comes down to Uplisting Vs. Hospitable, which software is right for you?
But which one is the right fit for your needs? In this article, we will compare Uplisting and Hospitable by analyzing their features, benefits, pricing, and integrations, and providing a side-by-side review to determine which software is the best choice for vacation rental hosts.
Uplisting Vs. Hospitable: Features Comparison
Uplisting and Hospitable have many similar features that are useful for vacation rental hosts, such as channel management, automated messaging, and multi-platform integration. Getting either of these accounts will help you to manage your properties more easily.
However, there are also some differences between the two programs. Hospitable is split nicely into three main sections, automated guest communication, calendar management, and operations tools to help you with your staff. Uplisting offers these same features but also allows you to list your business on Google as well.
- Channel Manager: Uplisting offers over 50 integrations, while Hospitable currently only supports Airbnb, Booking.com, and the Vrbo family of sites.
- Automated Messaging: Uplisting and Hospitable both offer customizable templates for pre- and post-stay messages, but Uplisting also has a focus on direct guest reviews.
- Direct Booking: Uplisting offers direct booking through its customizable website and booking engine for rentals with no commission fee in a number of different countries. Hospitable only offers this feature in the U.S. and offers this as and “add-on” service with a 6% commission fee.
- Reporting: Hospitable offers a reporting dashboard that provides useful insights into your rental performance, including occupancy rates, earnings, and guest feedback. Uplisting does not highlight this feature as a sales point.
- Customer Support: Both companies offer customer support options, but Uplisting offers a more accessible option and Hospitable only allows you to send an e-mail to their team.
When looking at a side-by-side comparison of Uplisting Vs. Hospitable, you’ll notice that price is one of the most important factors to consider for your business. Uplisting’s “Starter” rate is $50/month for up to 4 properties. The next fee rate is their “Pro” option which starts at $400/month. Meanwhile, Hospitable’s payment scale is directly related to the number of properties a host manages. So, if you have more than 4 properties, Hospitable may be a more budget-friendly option.
If you’re a host with two properties, Hospitable’s base rate is $40/month. As you grow and add properties, their rate increases on a sliding scale. As a reference, managing 8 properties with Hospitable will cost you $88/month.
When it comes to pricing, both Uplisting and Hospitable offer a free trial. So feel free to shop around and try each management software before you buy.
Both Uplisting and Hospitable integrate with popular vacation rental platforms like Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo. However, Uplisting has a wider range of integrations, including Agoda, Expedia, and TripAdvisor.
Side-by-Side Review for Uplisting Vs. Hospitable
Great tool if you are starting out as a host with a few companies. Hospitable will grow with you! Great for properties based in the U.S.
- 14 Day free trial
- Automates your messages and bookings
- Only have to pay for your active listings
- Fewer integrations than the competition
- Charged per list after 2 listings
- Cancellation can be a hassle
We have compared the best and worst features for Uplistings. Here is what we have learned!
- Direct Booking.
- Double Booking Protection.
- Mobile App.
- Free Trails.
- Free Version.
- Chekin Integration.
- PointCentral Integration.
- Channel management for Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo sites
- Customizable website and booking engine for direct booking for an extra fee only in the U.S.
- Reporting dashboard with useful rental performance insights
- Smart Pricing feature that adjusts listing prices based on market demand
- Offers a pricing plan that changes based on the number of properties you manage
- Comprehensive channel manager with over 50 integrations
- Customizable website and booking engine for direct booking included worldwide for no commission fee
- Doesn’t highlight the smart pricing feature as a selling point
- Flat monthly fee based on the number of properties managed
- Reliable customer service known for excellent reply times
Overall, both Uplisting and Hospitable offer useful features for vacation rental management, and their pricing and integrations are competitive. However, Uplisting’s wider range of integrations and Smart Pricing features may give it an edge for hosts managing multiple properties across multiple platforms. Meanwhile, Hospitable offers a rental-by-rental pricing model that may be cheaper for people with fewer properties.
Whether you choose Uplisting or Hospitable, these programs can help streamline your vacation rental management and improve your business’s performance.
If you want to learn more about software management systems for hosts you can check out this article: