Last Updated on October 19, 2023 by Rental Recon
Airbnb, a leading platform for short-term rentals, connects hosts with guests globally. With its vast user base, ensuring safety and comfort during interactions is paramount. One way Airbnb facilitates this is by allowing users to block each other. But how does this feature work for both parties?
Can a Guest Block a Host on Airbnb?
Yes, guests can block hosts on Airbnb. Here’s how:
- Access Messages: Navigate to your Messages section on Airbnb.
- Choose the Conversation: Click on the conversation with the host you wish to block.
- Select the Message: Identify the specific message you want to report and click or tap on the three dots icon next to it.
- Report: Choose the appropriate option from the list that appears and describe the reason for the report.
- Further Details: Click on “Next”, provide any additional details if required, and then click on “Submit”.
- Blocking: For most reasons you select during the reporting process, you will be prompted to decide if you also want to block the user from messaging you further.
Implications for Guests:
- Blocked hosts won’t be able to send messages.
- They cannot use the Instant Book feature for the guest’s listings or send a reservation request.
Can a Host Block a Guest on Airbnb?
Yes, hosts can block guests on Airbnb. Here’s the procedure:
- Navigate to the Conversation: Go to the conversation with the guest.
- Find the Message: Locate the specific message within the conversation that you want to report.
- Flag the Message: Click or tap the flag icon next to the message, which will open the “What’s happening?” window.
- Report: From there, select “they’re being offensive,” and the rest of the blocking process will proceed.
Implications for Hosts:
- Blocked guests won’t be able to send messages or use the Instant Book feature for the host’s listings.
- They cannot send or accept a reservation request from the host.
- If a host has an upcoming reservation with a guest, blocking that guest is not possible.
For more detailed information on blocking and reporting on Airbnb, you can refer to the Airbnb Help Center on reporting and blocking.
Airbnb provides tools for both hosts and guests to ensure their safety and comfort. By understanding how to use the blocking feature and referring to the official Airbnb guidelines, both parties can have more control over their interactions on the platform.