I was looking for a new coffee maker for my Airbnb, so I did some research and found some great options. So what are the best coffee makers for short term rentals?
The best coffee makers for Airbnb’s and short term rentals are:
- Keurig K-Classic Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
- Cuisinart DCC-3200 PerfecTemp Coffeemaker (14- Cup)
Cups Per Cycle:
1 Year Warranty
2 Year Warranty
3 Year Warranty
|Coffee Type:||K-Cup||Nespresso Capsules||Ground Coffee|
|Reservoir Size:||48 oz.||40 oz.||71 oz.|
Best Coffee Maker For Small to Medium Sized Airbnb: Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
One of the best features of the Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker is the large 48 oz. removable water reservoir. When you have a single-serve it is still nice to be able to quickly make a second or third cup of coffee.
The Keurig K-Classic is a very straight forward design with only four buttons to operate. You just select the button that corresponds with the size of your cup, and your brew is ready in less than a minute. Very easy for guests to operate.
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod, Single Serve, Programmable, Black ( Packaging May Vary )
$72.09 in stock
126 used from $72.09
- Brews Multiple K-Cup Pod Sizes: (6, 8, 10 Ounce) – The Most Popular K-Cup Pod Brew Sizes. Use the 6Ounce Brew Size to Achieve the Strongest Brew.
- Large 48 Ounce Water Reservoir: Allows You to Brew 6+ Cups Before Having to Refill, Saving You Time and Simplifying Your Morning Routine. The Water Reservoir Is Removable, Making It Easy to Refill Whenever You Need To.
- DESCALING: An important part of cleaning your Keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- AUTO-OFF: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
Customer/ User Impression:
The Amazon reviews for this Keurig K-Classic are resoundingly positive. Many praised the simple operation, and how well the coffee tasted. A couple of reviews said that the coffee maker felt a little cheap and lightweight, but these were in the minority.
Check Out This Rental Recon Article: Airbnb Essentials: 75+ Items Every Host Should Have For Guests
Best For Small/ Medium Sized Airbnb: Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine:
The Nespresso Vertuo is a step above the Mueller line and may provide a more upscale coffee experience for your Airbnb guests, while still being somewhat affordable. The Vertuo is simple to operate and has a decent sized water tank. Each cup of either coffee or espresso has an impressive amount of foam (or Crema) that guests will love. The coffee is more rich than a standard pod.
Nespresso pods run anywhere from .70 cents- $1.20. Other options are available though, such as Cafepresso and others, who make Nespresso compatible pods. These start at about .30 cents per pod, which may be a better option for your bottom line.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by Breville, Black
$206.34 in stock
4 used from $131.99
- AUTOMATIC COFFEE/ESPRESSO MACHINE: Have the ability to create barista grade brewed single serve coffee or espresso cups at the touch of a single button. The single touch button mechanism delivers the best in-cup result for whatever style coffee or espresso drink you choose. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- VERSATILE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew 5 different single serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 oz.), Double Espresso (2.7 oz.), Gran Lungo (5 oz.), Coffee (7.7 oz.) and Alto (14 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee and iced latte drinks
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single serve coffee or espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's CentrifusionTM technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect crema for large coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule where it will blend into freshly brewed Coffee or authentic Epsresso
- FEATURES: Includes 40 oz. water removable water tank for no hassle refilling. This machine also has a fast heat up time of only 15 seconds meaning you will never have to wait too long for your favorite coffee or espresso drink to be ready. There is an energy-saving automatic shut off at 9 minutes of inactivity. COMPLEMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a Nespresso Vertuo capsule welcome kit with a range of 12 single serve coffee capsules with unique aroma profiles
- BUNDLE: The Aeroccino 3 milk frother is included to create the perfect finish to your single serve coffee beverages such as cappuccino or latte. Used capsules container capacity- 13 Mug capsules (Large)
Customer/ User Impression:
The Amazon reviews for this product were overwhelmingly positive. Most thought the flavor of the coffee/ espresso was exceptional, and that they loved the crema froth created on top of each cup. The small number of dissatisfied reviews focused on the temperature of the coffee, and the expense of the pods.
Best For Larger Airbnb: Cuisinart DCC-3200 PerfecTemp Coffeemaker (14- Cup):
For short term rental hosts with larger homes, the Cuisinart 3200 would be a great option. It is a big improvement over the previous 1200 model. The 3200 offers a 4-hour timer to keep your coffee hot for hours. It also provides a sturdy carafe that will hold up to well to constant use by guests. A “bold” button is now provided to give your cup a little added boost of caffeine.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 Glass Carafe Handle Programmable Coffeemaker, 14 Cup Stainless Steel
1 used from $99.95
- State-of-the-art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control
- Gold tone, commercial style permanent filter.MC Cubic Feet: 2.32
Customer/ User Impression:
Overall the reviews for this coffee maker were excellent. Some mentioned that there was a plastic smell/ taste that lasted for the first few brewing cycles. After a few flushes/brews, this smell and taste disappeared. The lip of the carafe seemed to drip slightly when pouring. And the hot plate finish appeared to wear off after years of use.
Check Out Cuisinart 3200 Amazon Reviews Here
Base Size Of Coffee Machine On Size Of Home:
The size of your coffee maker should be proportional to the size of your home. If your home is a one or two-bedroom, you can probably get by with a single-serve pod variety. If you have a larger home with many coffee drinkers up and about at the same time of the morning, you’ll want to invest in a larger coffee maker.
Pods Vs. Coffee Grounds Vs. Tea:
In my small short term rental, my coffee maker provides the option for either K-cup pods or ground coffee. Some guests prefer the sanitary single-use nature that a pod provides. Others don’t mind utilizing coffee grounds provided in a canister with a scoop. In this case, they can use the wire mesh coffee filter option that comes with my pods capable machine. Another benefit of the pod/wire mesh combination is that you can eliminate paper filters—one less item to re-stock for your cleaner.
I have had several guests comment that they loved the option of using either pods or standard coffee grounds. In regard to tea, I provide my guests with tea pods that are interchangeable with the coffee pods.
In terms of questions regarding longer says, if the guests run out of pods after several days, they then can switch to the ground coffee. In the event that a cleaner makes a paid visit in the middle of a guest’s stay, I’d have them re-stock the pods assortment.
One other benefit of using pods is that there is less of a possibility that the coffee grounds will end up in your kitchen sink drain.
Auto Brew Vs. No Auto Brew:
Many coffee makers provide an auto brew option these days. There really isn’t anything better than waking up to the smell of coffee on your week-long vacation. This is a creature comfort that some guests really enjoy. Mostly all of the 2-14 cup coffee makers have this feature included.
As for me and my single-serve machine, we don’t provide this option for guests. Call me crazy if you like, but it is one more question that a guest might message me about, and even as simple as it is, I don’t want to put this information in my house manual. The coffee brew time may also be set by a previous guest, and come on at the wrong time for the next guest. I realize this eliminates a creature comfort that may be nice for some hosts but doesn’t work for me. For this reason, I have included coffee makers with the auto brew option in my list above. This content was originally written on rentalrecon.com.
Cost Of Coffee Maker- Premium Vs. Entry Level:
Let’s face it, theft at Airbnbs does happen. If you have an $800+ Krups Espresseria Premium sitting on your counter, you may be dealing with an unwanted claim with Airbnb in your near future. Although, if you’re willing to take the risk, you can offer your guest a top-notch breakfast experience. That being said, I would recommend going with a quality entry-level machine, under the $200 price point, that provides quality brewed hot coffee and tea.
Overall, the reviews are really great for this coffee maker, and I’ll probably buy one of these when I get a larger home.
Should You Provide Food For Airbnb Guests?
Ultimately, this question is up to the individual host and situation. If you’re hosting for a single room in your house, or a guest house, offering breakfast to your guests may be a big plus. If you’re renting out an entire house with self-check-in, breakfast won’t typically be an option. But you may want to provide some food amenities such as packaged oatmeal and other convenient dry food options. You can check out my entire article on Airbnb food here.
Kitchen Items For Your Airbnb- What To Provide?
For my self-check-in Airbnb, I provide everything necessary to fully cook and prep meals, including silverware, glasses, plates, can openers, spices and cooking oil. Whatever you provide, you need to document this with photos and descriptions in your listing.
You don’t want a guest buying a ton of groceries before showing up at your Airbnb to discover you don’t supply spices…. or a microwave. I would recommend opening up your spice drawer or pots/pans cabinet, snap a quick photo from your cell phone and upload it to your listing. You’ll also want to provide a description on your photo describing what you provide.
This added tidbit of communication with your guests will lead to better reviews and happier guests!