**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
As the number of properties on Airbnb continues to increase, it is more important than ever to provide amenities that set your listing apart. One great way to attract repeat guests and rack up stellar reviews is by offering a high-quality grill.
Almost everyone loves to cook out, and as an Airbnb Superhost, here are some of the best grills I’ve found to enhance any renter’s vacation.
Which Is the Best Airbnb Grill for Airbnb?
- Our Top Pick: Weber Spirit II Liquid Propane Grill
- Runner Up: Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill
- Sleek and Stainless: Char-Broil Stainless Steel Liquid Propane Grill
- Picnic Perfection: Royal Gourmet Charcoal BBQ Smoker
- Best Budget Option: Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill
Whatever type of traveler you hope to attract to your Airbnb property, one of these high-quality grills is sure to be the perfect outdoor addition.
Our Top Pick: Weber Spirit II Liquid Propane Grill
Even the most discerning grill master will be impressed to see this beauty set up in the backyard of an Airbnb rental. With 529 square inches of space across its three large burners, there is plenty of room to create an inviting cookout for everyone.
I rated the Weber Spirit II Liquid Propane Grill using several construction, ease of assembly, overall quality, and value. Here are my results:
- Easy to Clean
- Cooks Evenly
- Simple Assembly Instructions
- Lid Prone to Rust
- Price Higher Than Some Other Grills
- Slow Customer Service
Its built-in fuel gauge and 30,000 BTU-per-hour input means the food will be cooked evenly and quickly. Plus, it comes with a lid thermometer that will take any uncertainty out of the process. Room for tools and accessories plus an open cart design means whoever is in charge of grilling can focus on the task at hand without running back and forth to pick up supplies.
It also makes things easy for Airbnb hosts by offering easy-to-follow interactive assembly instructions and large wheels that will allow you to move it in and out of storage as needed.
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
Runner Up: Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill
If you’re looking for something a little different than the traditional propane or charcoal options, this wood pellet grill from Pit Boss is an excellent option. It serves as both a grill and smoker and is constructed from sturdy stainless steel that will stand up to frequent use by Airbnb guests.
Convenience is the key with this grill as users can rely on a digital control board and LED screen to display all the important information. A shelf and serving tray are built in and are removable for extra versatility.
There’s also an option for fan-forced convection cooking, so renters can create the perfect outdoor meal regardless of their personal tastes. With a total of 465 square inches of cooking space, everybody can throw their favorite foods on the grill.
- Sportsman 500SP Wood Pellet Grill
- Hardwood Pellet Fuel
- 180°F to 500°F temperature range
- 8-in-1 versatility to grill, smoke, roast, bake, braise, barbecue, char-grill, and sear
- 542 sq.in of cooking capacity
- 15 lb. hopper capacity
Sleek and Stainless: Char-Broil Stainless Steel Liquid Propane Grill
Creating an elegant and timeless environment is important for many Airbnb hosts, and this grill might be the perfect addition to such spaces. Not only does its stainless steel exterior offer an upscale look, but it will also stand up to the test of time.
The electronic ignition and convenient propane storage space means guests will be able to get started grilling without any unnecessary hassle. Simple operation is perfect even for those who are not experts in operating a propane grill. Additional features like a side burner with a lid and an accessory tray will give your guests all the versatility they need to create the perfect outdoor dining experience.
In addition to the 425 square inches of space on the grill, there’s an additional 130 square inches available on a warming rack for heating up buns and side dishes. After your guests check out, a porcelain-coated grease pan makes cleanup even easier.
Looking for a more casual outdoor space? This charcoal smoker grill could fit the bill. It includes nearly 600 square inches of total cooking space and offers easy adjustments to create the perfect amount of heat for any grilling needs.
Guests can keep an eye on the temperature with a built-in monitor and can even add charcoal while grilling via a convenient front door that remains cool to the touch. If you opt for a charcoal grill, this is a versatile option that won’t break the bank.
5 used from $134.39
- Large Cooking Space: Total of 598 square inches cooking area, including 393.3 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates and 204.6 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack.
- Adjustable Charcoal Pan with Holes: 6-level easy lift charcoal pan adjustment system for heat control and cooking flexibility.
- Easy Charcoal Access: Front door with cool-touch spring handle makes it easy access for stoking coals or adding charcoals during cooking.
For some Airbnb hosts, simplicity and economy are top concerns. Of course, that doesn’t mean buying the first cheap grill you find. Instead, consider this inexpensive kettle-style charcoal grill. It’s small enough to fit into almost any outdoor space but features a large cooking area that can grill as many as 13 burgers at a time.
It’s also a dream for hosts since it comes with easy assembly instructions and features a simple cleaning system that makes quick work of removing even the toughest residue. Best of all, unlike some budget options, this grill is constructed of high-quality materials that will stand up to repeated use by your guests.
3 used from $82.61
- Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all—the Original Kettle, invented by Weber’s founder, and loved around the world. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, while the damperseasily adjust for precise temperature control. With a One-Touch cleaning system for easy cleanup after a long day of grilling, the Original Kettle will always be the grill built for everyone
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- [11 Essential AIRBNB SAFETY ISSUES for Your Guests] 2022
- [19 Critical AIRBNB HACKS For Vacation Rental Hosts]
- [39 Extra Airbnb Amenities] That Will Win Over Your Vacation Rental Guests
Best Grill for Airbnb: Charcoal Vs. Propane Vs. Pellets
In addition to considering the taste of the food and ease of use, Airbnb hosts must consider other important factors when deciding what type of grill to purchase. Most importantly, it can present a hazard to your guests if they don’t practice safe techniques.
Another concern relates to cleaning up after renters have used the grill provided. Propane might be the best option from the standpoint of safety and cleanup, but it does present the added cost of refilling the gas tank before new renters check in. Both charcoal and wood pellets are relatively inexpensive, but they could easily lead to a fire if the grill is not operated correctly.
Charcoal grills are simple to use whereas pellets might provide a unique experience for renters that will result in new recommendations and even higher reviews. Whichever type of grill you choose, be sure to post safety rules and directions along with a number where guests can reach you with any concerns. It is also a good idea to get some expert advice from your insurance provider regarding coverage and liability in the case of an accident.
Make Sure Your Cleaner Cleans the BBQ
Even the latest state-of-the-art grills can quickly become caked with residue from frequent use, so take cleanup time into account before deciding on the best grill for Airbnb. In addition to finding the right scrub brush, there are other tools and cleaners that can help remove even the toughest gunk from your grill.
A simple device like the Sage Own scraper can provide all the versatility needed to get into the crevices of almost any grill. In the end, it all comes down to the power of your cleaner, though. A savvy host might consider the Carbona 2-in-1 cleaner, which works just as well on the surfaces of an outdoor BBQ grill as it does on the oven inside.
Looking for more than just a BBQ for your outdoor area? Check out our article on the best outdoor furniture for Airbnb here…
Check out our article on the Best Fire Pits for Airbnb here…>>