**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Almost any vacationer these days will expect lightning-fast internet connections upon checking into an Airbnb home. For that reason, every host needs to make choosing the right router a priority. I’ve searched high and low for the best available products on the market and narrowed down my findings to just the cream of the crop.
So What Are the Best Wifi Routers for Airbnb?
- Our Top Pick: Amazon Eero Pro Mesh Wifi Router
- Runner Up: Synology MR2200ac Mesh Wifi Router
- Gamer’s Delight: TP-Link Wifi 6 Gaming Router
- Reliable Workhorse: Asus AX1800 Wifi 6 Router
- Best Budget Option: TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wifi Router
No matter what type of guests check into your Airbnb property, be sure they can all get online without any hassle by considering the following options.
Our Top Pick: Amazon Eero Pro Mesh Wifi Router
If you’re thinking about replacing an existing router with an upgraded model, this might be the best choice for you. This Amazon exclusive provides an easy-to-follow installation plan and the ability to download a smartphone app that will help make the entire process a breeze.
More importantly, it provides constant and powerful internet connection in a variety of locations. Its hardware is state-of-the-art while its features update nightly so it will always offer the latest functionality and security measures.
After using the Amazon Eero Pro Mesh Wifi Router, I have rated it on categories like connection speed, setup process, security, and overall value.
- Top-Notch Security
- Sleek Styling
- Simple Setup Process
- Parental Control Costs
- No Manual Override for Automatic Updates
Amazon boasts a tri-band Wifi technology that means it’s twice as fast as the first generation. Of course, any hosts who happened to have the earlier Eero model can take comfort in the fact that it is also compatible with those versions of the router.
Even if you get started with just one router, others can be added later to provide even more robust coverage throughout the property. Use any of its access points to develop just one mesh network system that gives guests a worry-free internet experience.
- eero Pro router/extender - The Amazon eero Pro mesh router replaces your traditional WiFi router. A single eero Pro is a perfect start for any home and can be paired with another eero Pro or eero Beacon to quickly add coverage as needed. eero Pro is backwards compatible with 1st generation eero routers.
- Pro-grade WiFi - With the most intelligent mesh WiFi technology and powerful hardware, the eero Pro features tri-band technology making it 2x as fast as the original eero router. With two gigabit Ethernet ports, easily connect your eero Pro to your favorite devices or additional eero Pro’s for the fastest in-home speeds.
Runner Up: Synology MR 2200ac Mesh Wifi Router
A reliable router doesn’t have to cost a fortune, as evidenced by this quality product offered by Synology. Its bandwidth is enough to cover the needs of just about any home and it gives hosts the option of managing its technology remotely via the web or a smartphone app.
There’s also a handy Safe Access mode that will provide an extra layer of protection when allowing a large number of guests to operate the system. It is compatible with a wide range of products, programs, and providers, so it’s a great choice in many different situations.
6 used from $105.24
- Dedicated Tri-band 2.13 Gbps (400+867+867 Mbps) bandwidth optimized for performance and reliability
- Easy setup and remote management from web client or mobile app
- Comprehensive parental management and easy-to-use inter face with Safe Access
- Single Wi-Fi name and seamless roaming with 802.11 k/v/r support
- Create advanced VPNs with WebVPN, Synology SSL VPN, and SSTP VPN capability
- US version
Gamer’s Delight: TP-Link Wifi 6 Gaming Router
While this router is touted as one that is beloved by gamers, its fast connection speed and powerful performance can make it a crowd-pleaser for anybody expecting a reliable internet connection.
Not only does it provide all the power even a houseful of guests would need, it is also a very versatile system. This router seamlessly connects with all of the major internet service providers and can easily link with various connected devices. If your Airbnb property includes online games or if you regularly rent to gamers, this impressive router is sure to be a key selling point.
1 used from $306.89
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi for Extreme Gaming – AX10000 speed machine that delivers Wi-Fi Speeds to 10 Gbps: 4804 Mbps (5 GHz Gaming) plus 4804 Mbps (5 GHz) plus 918 Mbps (2.4 GHz)¹
- Game Accelerator – Detect and optimize gaming streams, to ensure your gaming stays immersive
- Ultra Connectivity - 2.5 Gbps WAN port and 8 Gigabit LAN ports, 2 USB 3.0 in Type A and Type C provide extensive connectivity²
- More Devices with Less Lag: OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology deliver data to multiple devices, simultaneously³
Reliable Workhorse: Asus AX1800 Wifi 6 Router
It might not be the flashiest option on the market, but this is a router that will get the job done time after time. There’s a reason this product routinely lands on bestseller lists and hosts will appreciate the simplicity of its connectivity.
Plus, it leads the way in terms of security. In addition to blocking possible threats to the system and connected devices, Asus also includes lifetime access to Trend Micro’s AiProtection that adds an extra safeguard against possible risks. No matter what is hooked up to the internet at your rental property, you can rest assured that this device will keep it operating as intended.
11 used from $74.99
- Maximum Range : 3000 Sq Ft
- Next-Gen WiFi Standard - Supporting the latest WiFi standard 802.11AX (WiFi 6) and 80MHz bandwidth for better capacity and efficiency.
- Ultra-fast WiFi Speed - RT-AX55 supports 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency - Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously.
Best Budget Option: TP-Link AC1750 Smart Wifi Router
Finding the best value without skimping on performance could potentially be a challenge for budget-conscious Airbnb hosts – that is, until they discover this one. It was awarded for its customer satisfaction by JD Power and it’s clear to see why.
It is fully compatible with all sorts of devices, both old and new. Its dual-band accessibility means visitors can count on speeds that will allow them to stream content, surf the web, and use any of their smart devices without any frustrating lag time. This product also includes a USB port that offers another way to link and share saved information.
18 used from $36.74
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
What Is a Good Wifi Speed on Airbnb?
There isn’t one answer for every Airbnb host. In fact, average Wifi speeds can vary greatly from city to city and even in different neighborhoods within a community. It is more important for each individual host to set clear expectations for their guests.
Speed tests exist to give renters some general idea about what the speeds will be. Of course, it is not a good idea to make promises that might be difficult to keep. Some hosts have advised that the variables at play in measuring Wifi speed can make any forecast somewhat unreliable.
If guests do not receive the speed promised in a listing, they can request a refund and will likely receive it. Instead of making big promises, simply do your best to provide reliably quick connectivity and most renters will be satisfied.
How Can I Make My Airbnb Wifi Better?
Although it is not necessary to always provide the fastest Wifi speeds possible, there is no reason to give guests a reason to complain. It starts with finding the best Wifi routers for Airbnb. From there, ensure that the internet provider is reputable and provides great service.
Instead of overloading the system with a ton of internet-related devices, consider paring down the amount of tech in your home to allow what is left an opportunity to connect quickly every time.
One item that you may want to consider is a Ring Doorbell. Check out our in-depth review here….
Choosing the Right Airbnb Wifi Names
Most internet providers allow customers to determine their own Wifi names. This can be an opportunity to set yourself apart by creating a memorable moniker. It might be connected to your name, the location of your home, or just something fun to give your guests a laugh.
The important thing is to pick a name that will be easy for you and your guests to enter. At the same time, it should also be complex enough to stand out from the other Wifi accounts that might pop up when renters are selecting a network.
Make sure to check out our comprehensive list of Airbnb living room essentials here…>>
Setting Your Home’s Wifi Rules
When dealing with something like internet connections, Airbnb hosts should be upfront about their expectations and house rules. Whether it is part of a welcome package or in the form of a sign posted prominently in the home, it should always be clear what guests should know upon checking in on the first day.
Leave clear instructions about how to log into the system as well as what behavior is prohibited when using the network provided. In addition to important information, be sure to include a phone number guests can call with any questions about how to get connected to the web.
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- The Ring Video Doorbell for Airbnb : Why Every Host Should Have One
- The Nest Thermostat Review for Your Airbnb:  Best Option for Hosts?
- The 7 Best Coffee Tables for Airbnb: Sturdy and Luxurious Options
Airbnb Wifi Security Tips
With any internet-connected system, there is a risk of exposing sensitive data to bad actors or hackers. There are several tricks that Airbnb hosts can use to reduce such threats, however.
Again, using a top-notch router can provide some helpful protections. While that might be enough for a typical user, remember that Airbnb properties will have a long line of users logging on and off of the system. Consider adding another layer of security with something like this Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway or the WatchGuard Firebox T80 Security Appliance, which comes with three years of support.
You should lock your modem and router up so guests can’t disable Wifi or connected devices like a Ring doorbell.
Airbnb Wifi Password Ideas
When it comes to creating the perfect Wifi password, it should be something that is sufficiently complicated to avoid unauthorized users from guessing it. Of course, it should also be something that you will not have difficulty recovering. Change it regularly to avoid compromising the data and always leave it somewhere that guests will not have any problem finding it.
Leave an Airbnb Wifi Sign for Your Guests
These days, Wifi connectivity is a must-have Airbnb feature, so be sure your renters have a simple place to reference all the relevant information. If you’re looking for an example, you can download this Wifi sign I use in all of my properties.