**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Most of us have stayed in a hotel at some point in our lives. We know how nice it can be to be provided with a few creature comforts after a long day away from home. As Airbnb hosts, our job is to go above and beyond the typical impersonal “hotel room” feel and give our guests a rental experience that is a real treat.
The things that belong in the bathroom of your Airbnb might seem common sense at first, but it’s important to remember that we’re going to need to go above and beyond just the basics in order to provide that Superhost-worthy experience for our guests.
What are the Airbnb Bathroom Essentials & Supplies that all Vacation Rental Hosts Should Have?
Shower and Tub:
Keep reading to find in-depth explanations of why you should be sure to include these items in your Airbnb!
Shower and Tub Essentials that Every Host Should Have
Plush & Luxurious Towels
Having luxury towels can truly make or break a special vacation experience. Fortunately, towels are something that you don’t have to spend a fortune on in order to get something high quality. This set could easily be split into two sets so you won’t be caught without fresh linens on hand when your guests need them.
- 8 PIECE SET INCLUDES - Four Bath Towels (30" x 55"), Two Hand Towels (20" x 30"), Two Face Towels (13" x 13"). These towels are constructed using the highest quality materials making them ultra durable for years of enjoyment.
- HEAVY 900 GSM QUALITY - GSM, or grams per square meter, provides a standard at which we can compare the fabrics in unit area which is heavier and which is lighter. GSM is the weight of fabric in grams per one square meter.
Offering a hair wrap towel is another essential your guests (especially those with long hair) will really appreciate. You will want to buy ones that have a nice button closure and microfiber material that dries hair quickly without being abrasive, unlike a regular body towel.
Bath mats are an absolute necessity. Everyone hates stepping out of the shower onto cold tile (or worse, slipping!). This set of two mats is great to get you started with, and you can easily get a few so that you always have a clean one ready. I recommend white ones that can be easily bleached during normal washing.
Corner Splash Guard for Tub
This corner splash guard has been a lifesaver for my rental’s bathroom. Save your money by avoiding an expensive floor repair caused by continual water splashes and invest in one of these ASAP.
Classy Shower Curtain
Shower curtains are an often overlooked but critically important part of a well-functioning and clean rental bathroom. This one is water-resistant and anti-mildew, making it a great option for a heavily used shower or tub.
Non-Slip Shower Mat
Absolutely nobody wants to deal with the consequences of having someone slip in the shower. Protect yourself and your guests with a non-slip shower mat. Its textured surface allows a superior grip for your feet, while its strong suction cups keep the mat itself from slipping around. It’s also latex-free, which is always a must.
Bath bombs are all the rage right now, and if your rental has a tub you should certainly consider including them as an amenity. You can get them for around $1 apiece.
Another iconic piece of relaxation gear is a fancy bathtub tray. This one expands to fit the width of almost any tub and has compartments to hold books, a laptop, candles, phones, and more. A photo of a candlelit tub with a stocked, luxurious-looking tray is sure to generate more bookings for your Airbnb.
Quality Bulk Shampoo & Body Wash For Your Vacation Rental Guests
A soap dispenser isn’t something you’d typically find in most homes, but it makes perfect sense in a functional Airbnb. This one has three compartments that I usually fill with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Fun labels or a small sign in the bathroom can inform guests on the products you’ve included in case anyone has any special allergies or other considerations.
- MORE SUDS, LESS CLUTTER - simplehuman's wall mount pumps eliminate bottle clutter and keep everything you need within easy reach.
- I'M ERGONOMIC - Our durable die-cast t-bar lever makes it easy to dispense just the right amount of soap, shampoo or conditioner.
- EASY TO INSTALL - Installs easily with double-sided tape.
- NO MESSY SPILLS - Wide opening makes refills fast, easy, and spill-free.
- EASY TO CLEAN - Dispenser lifts off wall plate for easy cleaning or refill.
Speaking of special considerations, it is always your best bet to go with a sensitive, non-irritating option for any shampoos or soaps you’ll be including. This sensitive shampoo looks and feels luxurious all while being a gentle option that everyone will appreciate.
If you need bulk shampoo, please check out our Bulk Shampoo for Airbnb Guests here…>>
Moisturizing Body Wash
Moisturizing body wash is another essential you’ll want to be sure to stock up on. The Ginger-Lily Farms body wash is extra-moisturizing while being sulfate-free and vegan. As a bonus, it smells great and won’t leave yucky residue in your tub!
- New Look, Same Great Formula! Nourishing Body Wash: Gently and effectively washes away dirt, oil and bacteria with a rich, creamy lather that leaves skin soft, smooth and free of harsh chemicals. Suitable for daily use.
- Refreshing Aloe Vera Scent: The light Aloe Vera scent will leave you feeling soothed and refreshed. Perfect for washing away sweat and odor after working out.
- Naturally Derived Ingredients: Enriched with naturally derived botanicals to hydrate and soothe dry skin. Toxin-free formula is paraben, sulfate, phosphate and gluten-free.
Having a tub in your Airbnb can be a big draw to guests looking for the ultimate relaxation experience. Help them really wind down by offering a bottle of bubble bath!
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- [31+ Airbnb Bedroom Essentials & Checklist]: Supplies for Hosts
- [41 Airbnb Kitchen Essentials & Supplies for Vacation Rental Hosts]
- [5 BEST THERMOSTATS FOR AIRBNB]: Smarter Is Better
Cosmetics and Extras for Your Airbnb
Hotels always include a hairdryer, so why shouldn’t you? This one is even low-noise, so your guests won’t bother each other, your neighbors, or you! A hairdryer is a large, clunky item to bring in your suitcase. Offering your guest a hairdryer will definitely win you brownie points when it comes time for a good review.
A good lotion is a necessity, especially after showering. Aveeno Body Lotion is great for all skin types and is extra-nourishing and fragrance-free.
Individual toothbrushes, another common hotel amenity, are always a good idea to have available to guests. Buy ones that are individually wrapped so your guests will always have one ready in case they forget theirs at home.
Extra Comb or Brush
Everyone hates forgetting that one necessity at home. Having a simple disposable comb at the ready in case a guest needs one is another essential that will make you a 5-star host.
Bar Soap & Hand Soap
Individual soap bars are a good essential to include in your Airbnb. Not only are these ECO Amenities Soaps very sanitary, but they also are not animal tested and have no perfumes or harsh chemicals, making them a perfect option for the conscientious host. If you prefer to use refillable hand soap in a bottle, this hand soap is a great option. The hand soap smells amazing and is made from plant-based ingredients.
- NON-DRYING FORMULA: Give your hands a gentle yet thorough clean without drying your hands. J.R Watkins gel hand soap leaves your skin feeling smooth and beautifully cleansed. For added hydration and nourishment, follow every wash with our shea butter hand cream.
- AMAZING SCENT: Well-balanced enchanting fragrances: that’s what our liquid bathroom soaps are all about. Whether you’re looking for a scent that is refreshing or relaxing, romantic or exotic, you’ll find the fragrance to match from our collection; one that inspires compliments.
You don’t have to spend “5-star hotel” money to provide a 5-star host experience. Items that feel luxurious and that Airbnb guests don’t typically expect to be included will allow them to have a decadent trip on a budget. Essentials like cosmetic face masks provide a spa-like vacation at under $1 a pop to you.
Cologne or Perfume
Cologne and perfume are more luxury options that you should really consider including as amenities in your rental. I was pleasantly surprised by a bottle of cologne in a short-term rental I stayed in a few years ago. Since then, I’ve tried to offer fragrances in my rentals as well. You could even offer them as a bonus amenity for guests booking longer stays with you.
Fluffy white towels are great and look very classy. That is until they get stained with lipstick and mascara. Save yourself the headache of fighting stains on your good bath towels by getting some designated makeup towels. This particular set is black, which will hide just about any stain or discoloration. The cute embroidery will also lend some charm to your bathroom.
- Save Your Towels From Makeup Stains: Happy customers report how they’re saving white towels from embarrassing makeup stains; The Little Black Towel gives you an elegant makeup remover cloth that looks great in your bathroom and keeps guests from ruining your expensive matching towel sets
- Gentle Makeup Removal Towel: The Little Black Towel is shaped 25% larger than a standard washcloth with a gentle absorbent feel that works great for full-face makeup removal; Plus, the elegant wording uses soft Jacquard (instead of itchy embroidery), so it won’t scratch or scrape like cheaper makeup towels
It’s never fun to have to lean over a bathroom counter in order to get a good look at your shave or your makeup. Save your guests the hassle by having a lighted mirror on your vanity. This one by Conair has two different magnification levels and a soft halo glow light.
Practical Items for Your Bathroom
First Aid Kit
Guests always expect things to go smoothly on vacation. As a host, you always cross your fingers for no mishaps as well. For when things don’t go as planned, a first aid kit is a must-have. This first aid kit has everything Airbnb guests could need and more. It has over 120 items: everything from insect bite relief to absorbent bandages.
A trash can doesn’t necessarily need to feature prominently in your bathroom décor, but it should still be clearly present in a useful location. This one comes in a wide variety of colors, but I usually go with a plain black or stainless steel look.
Toothpaste & Razors
Mini toothpaste also makes perfect sense to offer, especially since you’ll have toothbrushes! You should also consider having a small stack of rinse cups available.
Disposable razors may not be something you’d ever thought of keeping on hand for guests, but they’re another very commonly forgotten item. Providing them at the request of a guest will put you on the fast track to being a top host! This pack by Gillette is very reasonably priced and is a valuable addition to your rental’s bathroom supply stash.
Q-Tips & Cotton Balls
These may not cross your mind upon first glance, but Q-tips and cotton balls can be an important part of a good guest experience.
I don’t usually leave my air freshener plugged in, as the smell can bother some guests (especially in a smaller space). What I would recommend is having one unplugged on the counter near an outlet, or even tucked away in the medicine cabinet. Or you may offer some aromatic spray in one of your cabinet’s drawers.
Toilet Paper & Storage
Your toilet paper storage should be a little nicer than just the package they come in stuffed under the sink. This sleek organizer holds 3 rolls, which is more than enough for a short Airbnb stay. For longer stays, make sure you’re checking in and restocking everything as needed.
- FUNCTIONAL TOILET PAPER HOLDER: Sturdy toilet tissue holder holds 3 rolls in the reserve canister. Slim design to fit in your closet, bathroom, or next to the toilet. Perfect for master bathroom, guest bathroom, kid's bathroom, or RV
- CONVENIENT: Toilet paper organizer holds up to 3rolls to always keep toilet paper close at hand
- DURABLE: High-quality plastic construction for extended use
- STYLISH: Frosted clear finish looks great with any décor
Oh, and don’t overlook toilet paper in general. Forego the single ply. I know the nice stuff is more expensive, and yes….guests will steal it from time to time. But Airbnb guests expect toilet paper to be robust in nature. And have your cleaner fold those corners to a point!
Enough Clothing and Towel Hooks for All Guests
Guests will need a few places to place their clothing, especially on a longer stay. Many prefer to keep a few things in the bathroom for easy access after showering. I like these hooks on the door in my Airbnb. There is plenty of space to store all kinds of garments and even towels.
If your bathroom is short on space, as many are, you’ll definitely need a compact towel rack. This towel rack swivels out and then folds back up against the wall when not in use. This makes it really easy to display as many (or as few) towels as you need to.
Clothing Related Items
If your rental features any type of laundry service, or even if it doesn’t, a clothes rack is a welcome inclusion. This one folds up neatly when not in use, and can expand to fit a ton of clothes when needed. Bonus tip: consider having some laundry detergent available if you don’t have laundry in-unit. That way, guests can hand wash things in the sink in a pinch.
Even if they don’t require full laundry service, your Airbnb guests will probably need some way to freshen up their clothes after traveling. A mini clothes steamer makes quick work of everything from blouses to business suits.
Hair Collector for Shower
Having to drop what you’re doing to address a plumbing issue at your Airbnb is not ideal. Make things easy on both you and your Airbnb guests with a simple drain hair collector.
A Nice Smelling Candle to Elevate the Mood
A scented candle goes a long way in creating a warm, relaxing ambiance. This one is scented like fresh basil and mandarin and burns for an extremely long time. Consider setting it up on your bathtub tray, making a welcoming sight for your Airbnb guests.
Including some engaging wall art in your bathroom can really make it stand out and show that you put a lot of thought into your decorating. These prints are fun, and thought-provoking. You could also consider supporting a local artist by displaying some of their art with a business card. This makes a great conversation piece!
2 used from $23.19
- 【ON-TREND BATHROOM SIGNS!】-Available in 2 colors-Black&White. Made from quality pine wood, hand stained with dark walnut frame. The design is permanently printed onto the wood, will not chip, peel or fade!
- 【GUARANTEE A GOOD LAUGH】-This bathroom word search sign adds a playful accent to your bathroom decor, while presenting a humorous distraction for whenever your guests use your bathroom.
- 【PERFECT GIFT!】-This cute sign for bathroom is a fun-filled, thoughtful gift for any occasion, be it a housewarming party, a birthday, Christmas, or Mother’s day. It is a perfect gift for a mom, sister, best friend, work colleague and more.
A Handwritten Note from the Host
Lastly, a handwritten sign welcoming your guests should be the finishing touch on your beautiful vacation rental. You can also use it to write some helpful hints. For example, “towels hung up can be reused, and towels on the floor will be laundered”.
- BEAUTIFULLY HANDCRAFTED - Our Rustic Countertop Chalkboards are handcrafted with care and attention to detail and design. We use solid Russian Pine wood to guarantee the sturdiness and consistent aesthetic beauty of the design. Our wood is hand selected to guarantee great quality.
- VERSATILE DESIGN - Our small Chalkboard Easel was designed with maximum versatility. It can be used as a FREESTANDING chalkboard on tabletops or as a HANGING wall chalkboard. Our Patent Pending Design includes foldable metal legs and wall hanging hardware so its ready to use straight out of the box.
Lighted Wall Mirror
Go all out and provide a lighted wall mirror for extra wow-factor.
1 used from $352.49
- [Modern Bathroom Mirror Design]: Updated Version with 3 seperated touch button desgin. Built with Environmental friendly silver mirror, High-end alluminium Frame and High Lumen Led Lights. Feature -- ANTI-FOG, Adjustable CCT, 95+ CRI, Rememberance Touch Button Control, Hardwire & plug in supported, Wall-mounted Vertically & Horizontally.
- [Dimmable & CCT adjustable]: This lighted bathroom mirror could adjust the CCT from Cool White (6500K) to Warm Yellow (3000K), and It is also dimmable from 10% to 100%. 12 Volt DC input voltage for led light, safe to users. True 95+ CRI & High Lumen light offers perfect reflection for your dairly routine, 50,000+ hours life time.
Make sure to always be open and available for guest communication. If your guest forgot something and you’re able to quickly bring it to them, they’ll be sure to leave a great review!
You absolutely can! Of course, it’s not completely necessary, but guests can definitely tell when you’ve put in the extra effort to make the rental special for them. If, for example, you know someone is in town for a local wine festival, providing a list of your recommended vineyards would make them feel extra special.