Last Updated on July 11, 2023 by Rental Recon
As Airbnb hosts, we have refined our list of Airbnb bathroom essentials over the years, and we’d like to share them with you! We have also included our Airbnb Bathroom Essentials Checklist. We hope you find it useful. See below for our extensive list of products we love to use in our rentals…
The things that belong in the bathroom of your Airbnb might seem common sense at first, but it’s important to remember that we’re going to need to go above and beyond just the basics in order to provide that Superhost-worthy experience for our guests.
What are the Best Airbnb Bathroom Essentials & Supplies for Hosts?
Keep reading to find in-depth explanations of why you should be sure to include these items in your Airbnb!
1. Plush & Luxurious Towels
Having luxury towels can truly make or break a special vacation experience. Fortunately, towels are something that you don’t have to spend a fortune on in order to get something high quality. This set could easily be split into two sets so you won’t be caught without fresh linens on hand when your guests need them.
Offering a hair wrap towel is another essential your guests (especially those with long hair) will really appreciate. You will want to buy ones that have a nice button closure and microfiber material that dries hair quickly without being abrasive, unlike a regular body towel.
2. Bath Mat
Bath mats are an absolute necessity. Everyone hates stepping out of the shower onto cold tile (or worse, slipping!). This set of two mats is great to get you started with, and you can easily get a few so that you always have a clean one ready. I recommend white ones that can be easily bleached during normal washing.
- PREMIUM, UNCOMPROMISING QUALITY: This is not your ordinary bathroom rug- our bathroom floor mat features 900 GSM for supreme absorbency to ensure you don't slip and fall when stepping out of your bathtub or shower. Plus, our bath rug feels ultra soft under your feet while safeguarding you from injuring yourself and making your feet easier to fully dry.
- COZY AND COMFY: Made of 100% ringspun cotton so that's it's a mega soft bath mat, our shower rug feels as luxurious as it looks. Pamper yourself with a non slip bath mat that treats your feet right whether they're wet or dry.
3. Timeless Shower Curtain
Shower curtains are an often overlooked but critically important part of a well-functioning and clean rental bathroom. This one is water-resistant and anti-mildew, making it a great option for a heavily used shower or tub.
1 used from $21.49
- Smart Design Set & Hotel Style: Waffle weave shower curtain with detachable liner of the same color, and free 12 white metal hooks, the entire 3-in1 set offers a complete solution for bathtub or stall
- Built-in Liner Inside: The white snap on/off fabric liner is easy for removal, it's convenience for cleaning or replacement. 2 bottom magnets on both corners
- Sheer Viewing Window: A white mesh upper panel lets light in and allows air to circulate, see-through while maintaining privacy, creating a spa shower experience
4. Non-Slip Shower Mat
Absolutely nobody wants to deal with the consequences of having someone slip in the shower. Protect yourself and your guests with a non-slip shower mat. Its textured surface allows a superior grip for your feet, while its strong suction cups keep the mat itself from slipping around. It’s also latex-free, which is always a must.
1 used from $16.97
- STRONG SUCTION CUP GRIP: A strong nonslip grip is provided by the 116 individual suction cups that attach the mat to the smooth surface of any shower. Unique suction cup design allows them to remain securely in place when wet.
- CONVENIENT CENTER DRAIN: Eliminate standing in a pool of water due to poor drainage. Safely allowing water to drain away, the mat has a 6” centered drain hole.
- PATENTED NON-SLIP SURFACE: Our Shower Mat by Vive is 22” by 22”. Its textured surface--a patented design--will provide you with exceptional traction and stability. It will cover a very large part of your shower floor. It will provide you with safe, comfortable footing--for protection against hazardous falls. It’s perfect for seniors, children, and those with balance concerns.
5. Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are all the rage right now, and if your rental has a tub you should certainly consider including them as an amenity. You can get them for around $1 apiece.
- Bath Bomb Gift Set - 12 uniquely designed Bath Bombs Each about 3 oz, 2.17 inches in diameter.They all have Gorgeous Fragrance.Each bomb allowing for longer lasting effect.
- 12 Bath Bombs contain 12 different flower petals:Rosemary,Osmanthus,rose,albizia flower,safflower,peach blossom,Calendula,Jasmine,Red Plum,Lotus Core,Oats,Lavender，Since many scents are mixed together, the smell will be a bit pungent when the box is first opened. It is recommended to leave the box open for a while.
6. Bathtub Tray
Another iconic piece of relaxation gear is a fancy bathtub tray. This one expands to fit the width of almost any tub and has compartments to hold books, a laptop, candles, phones, and more. A photo of a candlelit tub with a stocked, luxurious-looking tray is sure to generate more bookings for your Airbnb.
6 used from $37.15
- LUXURY SPA EXPERIENCE AT HOME: Royal Craft Wood’s tub caddy brings peace and tranquility right into your home’s bath time experience. Relax and unwind after a long day & treat yourself to some well deserved me-time with our expandable bamboo bathtub tray, designed to suit a solo dip or romantic soak for two. Set the mood by laying out chocolates, your favorite bath oils and accessories, scented candles, & more on our tray for the perfect date night in. Wash away stressors & bathe in comfort.
Looking for more than just bathroom essentials? Check out our comprehensive list of Airbnb essentials for your entire home here…>>
7. Airbnb Soap Dispenser
A soap dispenser isn’t something you’d typically find in most homes, but it makes perfect sense in a functional Airbnb. This one has three compartments that I usually fill with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Fun labels or a small sign in the bathroom can inform guests on the products you’ve included in case anyone has any special allergies or other considerations.
- Refillable and Space-Saving: These wall-mounted soap dispensers with amber glass bottles are perfect for creating a clean aesthetic and freeing up counter space in any room, especially bathroom and ktichen.
- Multi-Use Convenience: Suitable for use with a variety of liquid products, including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap, dish soap, lotion, hand sanitizer and more. The easy-to-use pumps unscrew for hassle-free refilling your bottle with your chosen liquid, helping to reduce plastic waste.
8. Sensitive Shampoo
Speaking of special considerations, it is always your best bet to go with a sensitive, non-irritating option for any shampoos or soaps you’ll be including. This sensitive shampoo looks and feels luxurious all while being a gentle option that everyone will appreciate.
If you need bulk shampoo, please check out our Bulk Shampoo for Airbnb Guests here…>>
9. Moisturizing Body Wash
Moisturizing body wash is another essential you’ll want to be sure to stock up on. The Ginger-Lily Farms body wash is extra-moisturizing while being sulfate-free and vegan. As a bonus, it smells great and won’t leave yucky residue in your tub!
- Nourishing Body Wash: Gently and effectively washes away dirt, oil and bacteria with a rich, creamy lather that leaves skin soft, smooth and free of harsh chemicals. Suitable for daily use.
- Refreshing Aloe Vera Scent: Features a light Aloe Vera scent that will leave you feeling soothed and refreshed. Perfect for washing away sweat and odor after working out.
- Naturally Derived Ingredients: Enriched with naturally derived botanicals to hydrate and soothe dry skin. Toxin-free formula is paraben, sulfate, phosphate and gluten-free.
10. Bubble Bath
Having a tub in your Airbnb can be a big draw to guests looking for the ultimate relaxation experience. Help them really wind down by offering a bottle of bubble bath!
11. Hair Dryer
Hotels always include a hairdryer, so why shouldn’t you? This one is even low-noise, so your guests won’t bother each other, your neighbors, or you! A hairdryer is a large, clunky item to bring in your suitcase. Offering your guest a hairdryer will definitely win you brownie points when it comes time for a good review.
A good lotion is a necessity, especially after showering. Aveeno Body Lotion is great for all skin types and is extra-nourishing and fragrance-free.
12. Extra Toothbrushes
Individual toothbrushes, another common hotel amenity, are always a good idea to have available to guests. Buy ones that are individually wrapped so your guests will always have one ready in case they forget theirs at home.
14. Extra Comb or Brush
Everyone hates forgetting that one necessity at home. Having a simple disposable comb at the ready in case a guest needs one is another essential that will make you a 5-star host.
15. Bar Soap & Hand Soap
Individual soap bars are a good essential to include in your Airbnb. Not only are these ECO Amenities Soaps very sanitary, but they also are not animal tested and have no perfumes or harsh chemicals, making them a perfect option for the conscientious host. If you prefer to use refillable hand soap in a bottle, this hand soap is a great option. The hand soap smells amazing and is made from plant-based ingredients.
- NON-DRYING FORMULA: Give your hands a gentle yet thorough clean without drying your hands. J.R Watkins gel hand soap leaves your skin feeling smooth and beautifully cleansed.
- AMAZING SCENT: Well-balanced enchanting fragrances: that’s what our liquid bathroom soaps are all about. Whether you’re looking for a scent that is refreshing or relaxing, romantic or exotic, you’ll find the fragrance to match from our collection.
You don’t have to spend “5-star hotel” money to provide a 5-star host experience. Items that feel luxurious and that Airbnb guests don’t typically expect to be included will allow them to have a decadent trip on a budget. Essentials like cosmetic face masks provide a spa-like vacation at under $1 a pop to you.
16. Makeup Towels
Fluffy white towels are great and look very classy. That is until they get stained with lipstick and mascara. Save yourself the headache of fighting stains on your good bath towels by getting some designated makeup towels. This particular set is black, which will hide just about any stain or discoloration. The cute embroidery will also lend some charm to your bathroom.
- Save Your Towels From Makeup Stains: Happy customers report how they’re saving white towels from embarrassing makeup stains; The Little Black Towel gives you an elegant makeup remover cloth that looks great in your bathroom and keeps guests from ruining your expensive matching towel sets
- Gentle Makeup Removal Towel: The Little Black Towel is shaped 25% larger than a standard washcloth with a gentle absorbent feel that works great for full-face makeup removal; Plus, the elegant wording uses soft Jacquard (instead of itchy embroidery), so it won’t scratch or scrape like cheaper makeup towels
17. Makeup Mirror
It’s never fun to have to lean over a bathroom counter in order to get a good look at your shave or your makeup. Save your guests the hassle by having a lighted mirror on your vanity. This one by Conair has two different magnification levels and a soft halo glow light.
7 used from $25.76
- Lighted Vanity Makeup Mirror: This battery-operated double-sided lighted makeup mirror uses an energy-saving lifetime LED bulb that is 70% more energy efficient compared to a Conair Incandescent mirror. It provides bright light & the bulbs won’t burn out.
- Picture Perfect Makeup Mirror: This double-sided lighted makeup mirror features 1X & 7X magnification perfect for tweezing & grooming with precision & accuracy. It rotates 360° to adjust to any angle for easy viewing.
18. First Aid Kit
Guests always expect things to go smoothly on vacation. As a host, you always cross your fingers for no mishaps as well. For when things don’t go as planned, a first aid kit is a must-have. This first aid kit has everything Airbnb guests could need and more. It has over 120 items: everything from insect bite relief to absorbent bandages.
- New & Upgraded For 2021: 2-In-1 Premium First Aid Emergency Kit With 120 Medical Grade Items
- Fully Stocked: Organized Interior Compartments Provides Quick Access. Rugged, Sturdy, High Density
- Includes Mini-First Aid Kit: Amazingly Small, Lightweight Mini Kit With Additional 32 Medical Items
- Multipurpose: Perfect For Any Occasion Or Events - Family, Home, Workplace, Emergencies, Outdoors
19. Trash Can
A trash can doesn’t necessarily need to feature prominently in your bathroom décor, but it should still be clearly present in a useful location. This one comes in a wide variety of colors, but I usually go with a plain black or stainless steel look.
- FITS ALMOST ANYWHERE: A stylish trash can with a modern slim design that looks great and easily fits into narrow openings and odd spaces in your bathroom, bedroom or office
- CLEVER DESIGN: Despite its narrow profile, Skinny trash can hold up to 2 gallons and features an integrated handle for easy transport and disposal of contents making it an ideal trash can for bathroom
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: Made of super-strong polypropylene, Skinny trash cans are durable, easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth, and features a rounded bottom with no crevices for dirt, grime, or liquids to get trapped in
20. Toothpaste & Razors
Mini toothpaste also makes perfect sense to offer, especially since you’ll have toothbrushes! You should also consider having a small stack of rinse cups available.
Disposable razors may not be something you’d ever thought of keeping on hand for guests, but they’re another very commonly forgotten item. Providing them at the request of a guest will put you on the fast track to being a top host! This pack by Gillette is very reasonably priced and is a valuable addition to your rental’s bathroom supply stash.
21. Q-Tips & Cotton Balls
These may not cross your mind upon first glance, but Q-tips and cotton balls can be an important part of a good guest experience.
22. Air Freshener
I don’t usually leave my air freshener plugged in, as the smell can bother some guests (especially in a smaller space). What I would recommend is having one unplugged on the counter near an outlet, or even tucked away in the medicine cabinet. Or you may offer some aromatic spray in one of your cabinet’s drawers.
- RELAX AND UNCLENCH with POO POURRI BEFORE-YOU-GO TOILET SPRAY SET-Includes Tropical Hibiscus 1.4 Ounce, Lavender Vanilla 1.4 Ounce, and Original 1.4 Ounce.
- SHAME NO MORE-With your new 1.4 oz bottles you won't be stuck. Take along and leave the bathroom smelling BETTER than you found it. Ideal for just about anyone! Use it discreetly on the plane, at work or anywhere else!
- SPRITZ THE BOWL BEFORE YOU GO AND NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW-The Before-You-Go Toilet Spray that stops bathroom odors before they ever begin. Seriously! No more trying to mask odor already in the air
23. Toilet Paper & Storage
Your toilet paper storage should be a little nicer than just the package they come in stuffed under the sink. This sleek organizer holds 3 rolls, which is more than enough for a short Airbnb stay. For longer stays, make sure you’re checking in and restocking everything as needed.
- FUNCTIONAL TOILET PAPER HOLDER: The iDesign Kent Plastic Toilet Tissue Paper Roll Holder holds three rolls in the reserve canister to always keep toilet paper organized and close at hand.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Featuring a sturdy and slim design, the bathroom toilet tissue holder fits in closets, bathrooms, or next to the toilet. It’s perfect for use in the master bathroom, guest bathroom, kid’s bathroom, or in an RV.
Oh, and don’t overlook toilet paper in general. Forego the single ply. I know the nice stuff is more expensive, and yes….guests will steal it from time to time. But Airbnb guests expect toilet paper to be robust in nature. And have your cleaner fold those corners to a point!
24. Enough Clothing and Towel Hooks for All Guests
Guests will need a few places to place their clothing, especially on a longer stay. Many prefer to keep a few things in the bathroom for easy access after showering. I like these hooks on the door in my Airbnb. There is plenty of space to store all kinds of garments and even towels.
- 9 LARGE HOOKS ORGANIZE SCARVES, belts, ties, shirts, jackets, robes, towels, handbags, jewelry, caps, hats, purses, and other accessories
- BEAUTIFUL ORGANIZER RACK FOR THE HOME in bedrooms, bathrooms and laundry rooms
- FITS OVER ANY STANDARD INTERIOR DOOR up to 1-3/8 inches thick
- SOFT FOAM PADDING PROTECTS the door surfaces
- EPOXY-COATED COMMERCIAL QUALITY STEEL for durability and strength
25. Towel Rack
If your bathroom is short on space, as many are, you’ll definitely need a compact towel rack. This towel rack swivels out and then folds back up against the wall when not in use. This makes it really easy to display as many (or as few) towels as you need to.
- HEAVY-DUTY: KES swivel towel rack is all metal construction, ensuring quality and longevity. Perfect for hanging and organizing the face towels, hand towels, and clothes in order. MAX. Load: 5 KG.
- RUSTPROOF: Constructed of Type 304 premium grade stainless steel, with added 18/8 Chromium/Nickel content to protect against corrosion & rust.
- BRUSHED FINISH: Hand brushed stainless steel finish, build to resist daily scratches, corrosions and tarnishing.
26. Mini-Clothes Steamer
Even if they don’t require full laundry service, your Airbnb guests will probably need some way to freshen up their clothes after traveling. A mini clothes steamer makes quick work of everything from blouses to business suits.
27. A Nice Smelling Candle to Elevate the Mood
A scented candle goes a long way in creating a warm, relaxing ambiance. This one is scented like fresh basil and mandarin and burns for an extremely long time. Consider setting it up on your bathtub tray, making a welcoming sight for your Airbnb guests.
- NATURAL SOY CANDLE: We are Vegan Soy Candle. Made with Eco-friendly 100% USA Natural Soy wax from American-grown soybeans. Our natural soy candles for home are vegan and free from toxins, paraffin, cruelty, and harmful residues.
- PREMIUM SCENTS: Our Beautiful scents are inspired by nature and memorable moments. Highly scented to fill your room with fragrances infused with essential oils, which ensures a memorable fragrance experience.
28. Thought-Provoking Artwork
Including some engaging wall art in your bathroom can really make it stand out and show that you put a lot of thought into your decorating. These prints are fun, and thought-provoking. You could also consider supporting a local artist by displaying some of their art with a business card. This makes a great conversation piece!
- 【ON-TREND BATHROOM SIGNS!】-Available in 2 colors-Black&White. Made from quality pine wood, hand stained with dark walnut frame. The design is permanently printed onto the wood, will not chip, peel or fade!
- 【GUARANTEE A GOOD LAUGH】-This bathroom word search sign adds a playful accent to your bathroom decor, while presenting a humorous distraction for whenever your guests use your bathroom.
- 【PERFECT GIFT!】-This cute sign for bathroom is a fun-filled, thoughtful gift for any occasion, be it a housewarming party, a birthday, Christmas, or Mother’s day. It is a perfect gift for a mom, sister, best friend, work colleague and more.
29. A Handwritten Note from the Host
Lastly, a handwritten sign welcoming your guests should be the finishing touch on your beautiful vacation rental. You can also use it to write some helpful hints. For example, “towels hung up can be reused, and towels on the floor will be laundered”.
- BEAUTIFULLY HANDCRAFTED - Our Rustic Countertop Chalkboards are handcrafted with care and attention to detail and design. We use solid Russian Pine wood to guarantee the sturdiness and consistent aesthetic beauty of the design. Our wood is hand selected to guarantee great quality.
- VERSATILE DESIGN - Our small Chalkboard Easel was designed with maximum versatility. It can be used as a FREESTANDING chalkboard on tabletops or as a HANGING wall chalkboard. Our Patent Pending Design includes foldable metal legs and wall hanging hardware so its ready to use straight out of the box.
30. Lighted Wall Mirror
Go all out and provide a lighted wall mirror for extra wow-factor.
- The power switch, Color temperature adjust switch and Anti-fog switch are separate for this 3 Button Designed Led bathroom mirror. Turn on and off the anti-fog according to your needs, safe and energy saving. Anti-fog function help to keep always clear reflection image.
- Support Wall switch control: wall switch can directly control the light and defogger on/off. This lighted mirror also equipped with a memory function, it will always remember the last setting that you’ve used, super convenient for daily makeup. (Wall switch is not included)
Make sure to always be open and available for guest communication. If your guest forgot something and you’re able to quickly bring it to them, they’ll be sure to leave a great review!
You absolutely can! Of course, it’s not completely necessary, but guests can definitely tell when you’ve put in the extra effort to make the rental special for them. If, for example, you know someone is in town for a local wine festival, providing a list of your recommended vineyards would make them feel extra special.