21 Must-Have Airbnb Beach Essentials  for Hosts
**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Airbnb Superhost, I have a lot of experience with anticipating and meeting the needs of my guests (for my top recommendations, see my Airbnb Essentials article). However, the needs of specific vacation rentals can vary widely based on location, time of year, and type of rental.
Guests usually have a certain experience in mind when booking a beach vacation, and making sure that they leave feeling satisfied is our main priority as hosts. In this article, I’ll share my top 21 recommendations to make your beach Airbnb shine.
Here are the Best Airbnb Beach Essentials for Hosts:
Be sure to read our in-depth review of each of these beach must-haves down below. By the time we’re finished, you should have everything you need to create an unforgettable beach Airbnb experience!
Living Room Beach Essentials
The living room is the landing point of any beach rental. It is likely the first room guests will see upon entering, and it is certainly the room that will leave the biggest impression on them. Décor in any sort of themed or special purpose rental is absolutely crucial and beach rentals are no exception. For more information on general décor advice and recommendations, check out my Best Décor for Airbnb article.
Natural Fiber Rug
Your beach rental should exude beachy, natural vibes and make your guests truly feel fully immersed in their beach vacation experience. To help draw the experience together, I recommend incorporating lots of natural-feeling décor into your Airbnb.
- Safavieh's Natural Fiber Basketweave Summer Seagrass Rug with 1,000+ customer reviews. NOTE: This has a natural sea grass smell and there will be trapped stale air - we pack these items air tight over seas- all rugs need a couple of days to fully air out.
- The perfect summer rug, using sun-kissed natural seagrass fibers to bring a touch of nature into any home
- Neutral colored seagrass fibers allow for seamless integration into any décor
This natural fiber rug by Safavieh uses neutral beige coloring and textured woven grass-like material to make your living room feel like a true beach getaway. The wide variety of trim color options allow you to add a little pop of color to your space without it feeling overwhelming.
Another beach-themed décor item I would strongly recommend is this sea glass-inspired windchime. Hanging it in front of an open window and allowing the natural breeze to create unique and relaxing sounds is a surefire way to immerse your guests in the beach experience.
- Windchimes Unique: Bellaa 20744 wind chimes unique outdoor clearance garden patio yard balcony can be use as small wind chime or large wind chimes for outside soft wind capiz seashells easy hang s hook 27 inch
- Wind chimes for outside clearance handmade products: wind chimes outdoors or wind chimes for loss of loved one products made with hand by coastal villagers of Indonesia. Amazing japanese wind chime style charms indoor outdoor garden patio sun catcher dream backyard porch lawn home decor bell tarquoise color.
On a more practical note, beach rentals tend to get messy very quickly. In fact, guests may even feel that the space is getting a little too messy during their stay and would appreciate a way to quickly tidy up. Who wants to deal with sandy floors, sheets, and furniture? A sturdy hand vacuum such as this one by Black and Decker allows guests to lightly clean up any unwanted dirt or sand during their stay (not to mention saving you time cleaning down the road)!
4 used from $36.79
- MULTI-SURFACE USE – Removes hair, dirt, and debris from carpets, car interiors, furniture, and high-traffic areas.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE – Easy to carry and maneuver, even in tight spaces.
- CREVICE TOOL – Accesses hard-to-reach areas like between couch cushions and on top of shelves.
- PUSH-IN BRUSH – Adds an extra layer of cleaning versatility for dusting and vacuuming upholstery.
- WIDE MOUTH – Quickly scoops up large messes.
Bedroom Beach Essentials
While guests tend to notice things in the living room based on how they’re presented visually, in my experience they remember the bedroom of an Airbnb based on other sensory factors such as smell and overall feel. After all, the bedroom is where they will go to relax after a long day of swimming, picnicking, and sunbathing. The bedroom’s vibe should be as soothing as possible. Luckily, I have a few easy additions that will help you amp up your bedroom rental experience.
The focal point of the bedroom is, of course, the bed. It should be decorated simply and in the same style as the rest of your beach home, and you should always use the nicest linens you can. For some tips, head over to my Best Sheets for a Vacation Rental.
More specific to beach rentals, I would highly recommend going with some nice sheets that will stay cool. Nobody likes to be hot at night, and nothing is more unpleasant than spending all night tossing and turning trying to find a nice cool spot! Check out these sheets by Mellanni. Wrinkle, fade, and stain-resistant, these sheets should last you quite some time. They’re also hypoallergenic, which is an absolute must with vacation rentals.
To further enhance the sensory experience, I strongly recommend including something lightly scented, such as a candle. I would choose a candle over something similar like scent beads or perfume because guests can choose whether or not to light it and therefore control the level of scent in the room.
Consider this beach scented candle by Yankee Candle. It has notes of salt water, sea musk and citrus and burns for (literally) days! It’s also something you could include in other rooms, such as the bathroom if you wanted.
1 used from $8.17
- Refreshing salt water and sea musk warmed with sunny notes of tangerine and orange blossom capture sunset strolls at the beach
- Premium-grade wax that delivers a clean, consistent burn
- 35-45 hours burn time
- Measures 3.5"H x 3.4"D
- 100% recyclable in partnership with TerraCycle
When envisioning a beach vacation, many people have an image of an open window with billowing, light curtains flowing in a light breeze. This vision can be a reality in your rental by adding something like these flowy curtains by MIUCO. They are available in a huge range of colors, but I would recommend going with a classic white curtain to open up your space and keep things looking light and airy.
- Sold as pair. Each panel measures 52 inch wide by 95 inch long. 8 metal grommets per panel with 1.6 inch inner diameter fit up to a 1.5" rod.
- Miuco semi sheer curtains have a linen texture, allow natural light in while provide enough privacy than ordinary sheers.
- Miuco embroidered floral leaves design add style and elegance to your room, make a pretty soft and natural look to your windows.
- Quality workmanship and beautiful embroidery on faux linen texture make your room have a more luxurious look.
Check Out This Rental Recon Article: Airbnb Essentials: 75+ Items Every Host Should Have For Guests
Bathroom Beach Essentials
Stone Bath Mat
Unfortunately, many people overlook decorating the bathroom of their rentals or believe it to be a waste of time. This is not the case at all! Again, guests are looking for an immersive beach house experience and will appreciate that everything in your rental ties into this image.
A simple inclusion that really puts the beachy feel forward is this stone bath mat. It can be used either in or out of the tub, but I would advise using is outside as a non-slip stepping point. Its suction cups will keep it firmly in place and washing it is as simple as can be! Guests will feel like they’re right at the beach before they even get there.
- Hygienic Material: Anti slip bath mat made of PVC and feels more secure and stable in shower.
- Strongly Adhesive: Pebble bath mat with 200 SUCTION CUPS sticks securely to the bottom of the tub, that help hold in place on smooth, clean surfaces and will not shift down towards the drain.
- Custom Cutting: Its width and length are 16” and 35”. You can cut easily the bath mat to any shape, but carefully decide on the end-look ahead of time.
Once in the shower or tub, guests always love when the host has a variety of soaps and washes available. Thankfully, this is made all the more simple with these 3-in-1 soap dispensers. You can have shampoo, conditioner, and body wash available at the touch of a button. This hotel-like amenity is something guests have come to expect recently, and you certainly don’t want to miss out on such an easy inclusion.
- Eliminate shower bottle clutter with this convenient dispenser
- Includes-handy storage hooks for razors and accessories
- Individual chambers lift off the wall for easy cleaning and re-filling
- Installs in minutes without tools, using waterproof silicone adhesive and 2-way tape (included)
- Housing constructed from durable, water-resistant ABS plastic
Small Hair Dryer
After exiting the shower (or returning from the beach), it’s important that guests have a way to quickly dry their hair. You don’t have to break the bank on a salon-grade hair dryer, though. This compact hair dryer by Revlon is just $10, but your guests will never know! They will, however, notice and appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- DRY, STYLE & GO: Salon-style blowouts, one-of-a-kind waves and curls, and the perfect hair accessory to reinvent your style.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Easy cleaning and maintenance, and compact and lightweight design.
- VERSATILITY: Quickly dry and style your hair with 2 heat/speed settings to suit your personal needs.
- VOLTAGE: For 120 volts outlets only. 1875 Watts. Wattage of this appliance may vary depending on the location of use.
Towels and Towel Rack
Another post-shower comfort that cannot be overlooked is high-quality towels. This is definitely one of those places where guests will notice if you skimp on quality. Thankfully, these luxury fluffy towels are made of high-density fleece and ultra-soft.
3 used from $21.59
- What You Get - 2 Pack JML Plush Soft Fleece Bath Towels 30" x 60" (76x152cm)
- High Premium Plush Soft Fleece Fabric - Made with Long Plush Soft Fleece, Unlike cheaper forms of polar fleece which can pill after long use and washing. Plush Soft Fleece is thicker step up or nicer fabric as it has a higher pile. The JML plush soft fleece bath towels does not pill due to it’s minky and furry texture, and it tends to be absorbent ( absorbs slowly at first because of the fluffy surface, so it feels sticks to the skin, then absorbs quick), No Fade, Wrinkle and Shrink Resistant.
I would go with white as it’s much easier to bleach clean than other colors. Also, since your guests will probably be going through towels fairly quickly, a multi-towel rack is a must-have. A nice place to keep damp towels all together will keep your guests from having to resort to hanging them on your doors or furniture.
- HEAVY-DUTY: All metal construction, ensuring quality and longevity. Perfect for hanging and organizing the face towels, bath towels, and clothes in order. MAX. Load: 5 KG.
- RUSTPROOF: Constructed of Type 304 premium grade stainless steel, with added 18/8 Chromium/Nickel content to protect against corrosion & rust.
- BRUSHED FINISH: Hand brushed stainless steel finish, build to resist daily scratches, corrosions and tarnishing.
Kitchen Beach Essentials
You’re probably already fairly familiar with what normally goes in an Airbnb kitchen. However, there are some specific amenities that really should be included in any beach rental.
Picnic Basket and Blanket
Your guests will want to spend lots of time enjoying the outdoors, and you can maximize their time and comfort by offering them a nice picnic basket like this one. An insulated basket means they can take their lunch with them for long days at the beach, or even drinks with them for a late-night bonfire.
- - Scuddles Picnic basket includes 26 Premium picnic accessories all neatly organized and in its own neat, separated compartments. Our Insulated Picnic cooler bag includes 4 stainless steel knives, forks, spoons dishwasher-safe Featuring 4 flat plates 4 wine glasses, 1 cheese knife 1 wine opener, 2 metal salt & pepper shakers a specialized cutting board, 4 very elegant washable cotton cloths to amaze your loved ones feeling when they get to hold this insulated picnic basket backpack.
The perfect partner for a picnic basket is this picnic blanket. It’s water-resistant and very durable. Also, they’ll be able to shake the sand right off when they’re done, eliminating a lot of frustration later on during cleanup. It folds up into a handy carrying case, so trekking out to the water with it is no problem.
- - Our sophisticated and attractive outdoor blanket is tartan & creative stripe design is fashion forward and sure to impress family & friends as you have lunch at a picnic.
- & - This picnic blanket is constructed with a waterproof PEVA backing in order to keep out moisture, for comfortable seating and easy clean-up
- - Simply fold up this picnic mat and use its handy strap to conveniently carry it over your shoulder and transport it to and from your destination. You can use this outdoor picnic blanket at the beach or at the park as well
If you’ve decided to make a grill available to your guests, be sure and include some basic grilling tools so they can enjoy the outdoor cooking experience to the fullest. This set has everything they’ll need to get started and more! It even comes with its own neat case to put everything away in when you’re done. Your guests will have a blast grilling, skewering, and roasting their own food by the water and you’ll be on your way to a great review.
1 used from $22.65
- 【The Most Complete & Professional BBQ Grill Set】This is a great BBQ tool set that comes with all that you need to get right into barbecue, grilling, kitchen cooking or outdoor kitchen, bbq set including 4-in-1 spatula, all-purpose knife, superior-grip tongs, barbecue fork, silicone basting brush, grill cleaning brush, brush head, cooler bag, 4 kabob skewers, 8 corn holders, aluminum storage case.
If you don’t have the greatest outdoor space (or even if you do) a bar cart is a great way to let guests enjoy a fun evening in your rental. Stocking it with some nice glasses and a few bottles of wine and beer (bonus if it’s a local brew!) will not only add a conversation piece but an interactive experience to your beach Airbnb.
- Stores 4 bottles of wine and holds approximately 8 wine glasses
- Locking casters offer mobility for rearranging and stability when stationary
- Gunmetal gray finish w/ black tempered shelves offers contemporary style
- Assembly required | Constructed from powder-coated metal tube, iron line, and 5mm tempered glass
- Weighs 62 pounds, supports 40 pounds (per shelf), 5 pounds (per wine bottle) | Measures 40 inches wide x 16 inches deep x 37.25 inches high
**Check out our master list of Airbnb Kitchen Essentials for any location here…>>
Outdoor Space Beach Essentials
If you’re fortunate enough to have outdoor entertaining space at your beach rental, use it to you and your guests’ full advantage. In my Extra Amenities to Win Over Guests article, I mentioned that a grill is a great addition to any rental. One like this is very low-maintenance on your part but will certainly wow your guests. I would recommend a charcoal grill over propane to minimize having to replace parts over time.
3 used from $101.33
- Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all—the Original Kettle, invented by Weber’s founder, and loved around the world. Its ultra-durable, porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, while the damperseasily adjust for precise temperature control. With a One-Touch cleaning system for easy cleanup after a long day of grilling, the Original Kettle will always be the grill built for everyone
Adirondack chairs are probably the most quintessential “cottage” furniture out there. Having a few on your deck or lawn exudes a nostalgic atmosphere. This model even folds up, allowing for easy storage in the offseason.
2 used from $132.01
- Built to withstand a range of climates including hot sun, snowy winters, and strong coastal winds.
- Polywood lumber is a proprietary plastic containing recycled milk jugs and detergent bottles.
- Weatherproof. Will not splinter, crack, chip, peel, or rot when exposed to the elements.
- Easy to store. Folds flat for easy transportation and storage.
- Comfortable. Contoured to provide the comfortable seating expected of adirondack chairs.
Another classic piece of porch décor is tiki torches. These are waterproof solar LED lights that flicker like real flames but don’t involve any of the potential risks or hazards. Guests won’t have to light them but will surely be delighted by the surprise of them flickering on once the sun goes down.
3 used from $47.39
- GORGEOUS DANCING FLAMES DESIGN: These solar outdoor lights provides a stunning alternative to the real “flames” — 96 LEDs in the light cast a warm, soft, mood-enhancing glow. Please note the actual height of the item is 43 inches. Our solar garden lights are the perfect way to enhance your home's landscape.
- SOLAR POWERED OUTDOOR LIGHTING: Never needs batteries, completely runs on solar power. It collects solar energy all day, then turns on automatically at dusk and turns off at dawn. The outdoor lighting runs on solar power, so you can place it anywhere, which brings you great convenience.
Even if your outdoor space isn’t in direct or full sunlight, shade is still extremely important. A really valuable addition to any outdoor entertaining space is a shade umbrella. Guests shouldn’t have to contend with the sun to have a comfortable outdoor experience at your rental. This umbrella even includes solar LED lights so that when it’s open at night your renters can still have pleasant ambient lighting.
- Dual lighted: 40 warm white rib lights and central hub light
- Base recommendation: please search B082TYR5W5 or B082TZ6P8N for matching umbrella stand
- Solar panel: powered by rechargeable batteries to produce excellent ambience at night
- Switch: allows independent operation of rib and hub lights
- Heavy duty: powder coated aluminum center pole and 8 steel rectangular ribs. Crank opening and closing with large table clearance
Speaking of ambiance, guests trying to relax outside will definitely appreciate a way to play music other than on their phone speakers. Outdoor speakers like these are compatible with nearly all smart devices and even also function as a lamp.
3 used from $35.32
- It is a LED Flame Atmosphere speaker Lamp: It has many LEDs, each LED flickers warm yellow lights, forming a stunning flame,mimic extremely realistic & natural dancing flames, combined with audio function, to create a romantic atmosphere for you
- DIKAOU Portable Wireless Speaker: Connect it with your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth, compatible with all Bluetooth compatible devices, with 5W high-power speaker excellent stereo sound and powerful bass, make you enjoy the wonderful music
Consider posting instructions on how to connect to your speaker system the same way you post your WIFI password or other important information in your rental.
Folding Beach Chairs
Last but not least, you’ll want to make sure you’ve included everything your guests could possibly need to enjoy the part of your beach Airbnb that they’re most excited about: the beach!
Folding beach chairs like these are very inexpensive but invaluable to guests looking for a comfortable, relaxing beach experience. They have a handy cupholder and are very lightweight so they’re easy to bring along down to the water. Buying a set will make sure that families and groups all have somewhere to sit and soak up the relaxation.
17 used from $29.78
- Lightweight: 5.3 lb.
- Hours of comfort: Relaxed back rest with full seat support
- Convenient storage: Seatback pocket and cup holder
- Dimensions: 21 in. Wide; 10 in. High
- Built to last: Steel frame supports up to 250 lb.
- Carry bag: Included for easy storage
Check Out These Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- Airbnb List Of Supplies : 21 Essential Items For Hosts
- 39 Airbnb Bathroom Essentials, Supplies, & Checklist for Vacation Rental Hosts
- 31 Airbnb Bedroom Essentials & Checklist: Supplies and Products for Hosts
How do I ensure my guests’ safety at my beach rental?
Adding water, grills, and the elements to a rental situation can spell disaster if you’re not careful. Be sure to make the rules of your rental clear to guests and provide instructions on how to safely use equipment such as grills. Be sure to advise them of potential risks like swimming advisories or severe weather events during their stay.
Should I raise my rates during peak season?
Of course! Hotels and other traditional rentals take advantage of supply and demand and hike their rates during peak season. This doesn’t mean you have to price gouge though; you’ll likely still be very competitive and appealing to renters even with slightly higher prices than normal.