**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
After running multiple Airbnbs throughout the years, we have come up with our list of the best Airbnb bedroom essentials for hosts. Here is our list…
Our Airbnb Essentials List>>
Go To Airbnb Bathroom Essentials>>
Here are Our Recommended Airbnb Bedroom Essentials & Supplies for Vacation Rental Hosts:
Bed Sheets, Pillows, & More
Keep reading for an in-depth look at what kind of Airbnb bedroom essentials you should have in your rentals!…
Airbnb Bed Sheets, Airbnb Pillows and More
Start your guests off with an amazing night’s sleep! That’s the best way to boost your reviews. After trying multiple mattresses out in our Airbnbs, this one got the best feedback from our guests. In addition to having 12″ of comfiness, it also is at a good price point in the event that it needs to be replaced. The mattress is CertiPur-US certified and has a 10-year warranty.
Check out our best mattresses for Airbnb article here.
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
An extra-comfortable mattress topper can turn even a mediocre mattress into a memorable one. They last a very long time (especially under your mattress protector) and are relatively inexpensive to replace when the time comes. They also have the added bonus of saving wear and tear on the mattress itself, further extending its longevity.
This topper is a thick three inches of made-in-the-USA memory foam that features a cooling pad design to make sure your guests are always comfortable.
- Sleep Comfortable - Our revolutionary 3-inch gel-infused memory foam topper is engineered to optimize air flow and reduce trapped body heat.
- Helps Prevent Body Aches Caused By Sinking - Utilizing thousands of testing hours and reviews the topper’s designed to balance of softness and support. The innovate gel ventilated foam formula aligns your spine alleviating joint pain and prevents sinking into the foam.
A good mattress protector is one of those must-have Airbnb bedroom essentials. It has the obvious benefit of protecting your nice comfy mattress from anything guests might get on it, but it also in turn provides them with a fresh, clean base layer to sleep on.
This mattress protector is waterproof and features a zipper closure, so your mattress will stay 100% protected. It is also dust mite-proof and hypoallergenic, just in case your mattress isn’t (but it should be if at all possible!). Hypoallergenic linens of all sorts are pretty much a necessity in order to make sure your guests have a comfortable stay.
1 used from $16.91
- Thin, quiet waterproof barrier protects all 6 sides of the mattress from fluids and spills vinyl free materials are safe for kids
- Machine washable pillow protector has a zippered closure for complete protection
- Zipper closure for complete encasement
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Queen size includes 60" by 80" encasement; 10-year ; 9" depth
Comfortable Hypoallergenic Pillows
In order to satisfy Airbnb Plus requirements, hosts must provide a minimum of two pillows per guest. Hypoallergenic pillows are a cost-effective way to meet these requirements and keep your guests comfortable. They feature a box-stitched seam so they’ll lie flat, keeping back and stomach sleepers happy. Even better, they can be easily machine washed and dried. Just make sure you don’t forget the pillow protectors!
2 used from $38.61
- SUPER PLUSH MATERIAL: The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are crafted in super plush gel fiber that puts all other standard pillows to shame! They are expertly tailored to ensure maximum comfort for any and all sleeping positions.
- NO-SHIFT CONSTRUCTION: With their no-shift construction, our Sleep Restoration pillows are a fantastic place to rest your head. They’re stylish, luxurious, and incredibly comfortable. You’ll fall asleep fast, and stay asleep!
Pillow protectors like these will serve the same purpose as a mattress protector, although you’ll probably want to change these out more frequently. Wet hair, saliva, makeup, and more all pose a threat to your carefully purchased, fluffy pillows.
Without an adequate shield layer, you’ll be in for some costly replacements sooner than you’d like. The cotton terry surface of these pillow protectors keeps them waterproof and noiseless, perfect for a restful night’s sleep. They’re also bedbug-proof to keep you protected from any unwanted pests.
- 100% Waterproof - Total protection against perspiration, saliva, liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee
- Bed Bug Proof - Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip technology completely seals off your pillow from bed bugs - Best used with SureGuard Mattress and Box Spring Encasements.
- Hypoallergenic - Keep Your Pillows Clean & Fresh - Blocks dust mites, mold, mildew, pollen and pet dander. Ideal for down feather pillows - Stops feathers and quills from poking through.
High Quality and Luxurious Bed Sheets
It’s fairly obvious that you’ll need some high-quality bed sheets for your Airbnb bedroom. This is the part of the bed that guests will notice the most, so it’s definitely not something to skimp on. Thankfully, this 100% bamboo sheet set is incredibly soft and durable.
- Bamboo Sheets - Our twin sheet sets are made from 100% viscose of bamboo, with 144 grams per square meter (GSM) of fibers for a super soft feel that you won't want to get up from.
- Safe - Rest easy knowing your sheet set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified to be free of harmful substances and materials.
- Complete Set: This Twin bamboo sheets set comes with 1 pillow case a flat sheet, and a fitted sheet for your comfort.
The material is anti-pill, hypoallergenic, helps regulate body temperature, and is very environmentally friendly. With every color of the rainbow available, there’s sure to be a set to match your bedroom’s look. I, however, always stick to a classic white sheet set.
RENTAL RECON TIP: All-white linens make your life as a host so much easier. Things can be washed together and easily bleach clean and stain-free. They also always have a clean, fresh, and classic look that appeals to guests of all demographics. To ensure you always have a clean set on hand, make sure to purchase your sets in multiples and purchase similar-looking items if necessary. If you need to make a quick replacement, no one will even notice!
Comforter, Quilt or Duvet
As we’ve discussed, making sure all the linens in your Airbnb are hypoallergenic is extremely important. Don’t skimp out on larger items either, and make sure you have a hypoallergenic comforter like this one.
This super-affordable duvet can be used as either an insert or a standalone comforter. Its plush, down-alternative fill keeps the weight and comfort of a feather comforter without the itchy quills or maintenance. Consider having a few options on hand so you can rotate your room’s color palette easily.
- Soft & Lightweight – The Beckham Luxury Linens All Season Down Alternative Comforter is the most soft and lightweight comforter on the market! You can use our comforter as a duvet insert, or as a stand-alone comforter. It is perfect for whatever your bedding needs are.
- Expert Craftsmanship & Design - Sleep in extreme comfort! Our comforter is a masterpiece. It is crafted with durable hems and precise stitching that gives it excellent longevity. Use it for years to come!
A heated blanket is an awesome Airbnb essential that will really set your Airbnb apart. This is doubly true if you live in a colder climate! People are always concerned about the safety factors involved with electric blankets, but almost all of the newer ones have an automatic shutoff feature that prevents overheating and all the dangers associated with it.
This blanket has a cozy plush side with four heat settings and turns off after two hours automatically. It’s even machine washable!
- heated blanket includes a reliable temperature monitoring system for over-heating protection, automatically turning off when exceeding a certain temperature.
- Within only 20 mins you will feel the difference of having this electric throw blanket. The throw blanket for bed is a perfect option for anyone who sleeps cold.
- We have 5 heat settings to make the heating blanket easy and practical to use, meeting different comfort needs. The heat blanket automatically shuts off after 3 hours of use.
Throw Blankets / Extra Blanket
Throw blankets are something that I harp on in many of my “Essentials” articles, and for good reason. Ambient temperatures and guest preferences can be unpredictable at times, so it’s always better to err on the side of being overprepared. I like to include a variety of options, especially if I know there will be more than two people in my rental at a time. You should have a mix of lighter weight and heavier weight options. It’s easy to have one or two placed at the end of the bed and store the rest in a linen closet so they can be brought out if needed.
1 used from $15.99
- ❤MATERIAL- Made of high grade 330 GSM 100% microfiber polyester, which is super soft, durable and warm. Its superior breathable makes the blanket ideal for sofa, couch, bed, car and airplane when snuggling or relaxing.
- ❤POMPOM DESIGN- Flannel fabric with pompoms fringe around the blanket, plain solid with refreshing color, is very lovely. Throw blanket with the beautiful design and softest feel can be your best choice.
Airbnb Bedroom Furniture Essentials
Upholstered Platform Bed
This upholstered platform bed is a perfect example of the kind of furniture you should aim for in your Airbnb’s bedroom. It has a classy, stylish look and isn’t too bright, but the upholstered headboard keeps things looking soft and comfortable. Make sure that your bed’s size accurately reflects the number of people you state it can accommodate, and remember that a minimum of two pillows per guest is required for Airbnb Plus!
- MODERN STYLE, CLASSIC COMFORT - With its distinct square tufted headboard, the Lottie is a can’t miss centerpiece for any bedroom that doesn’t sacrifice on stability or comfort
- DURABLY DESIGNED - Interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort and longevity; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
- NO BOX SPRING NEEDED - Durable wood slats support and extend the life of your latex, memory foam or spring mattress without the need for a box spring; slats are spaced 2.8 - 3.3 inches apart
RENTAL RECON TIP: Be sure to select a bed size that is appropriate for the size of the bedroom. While larger-sized beds are always appreciated, an inordinately large bed easily crowds a room and doesn’t create a relaxing environment. An additional air mattress is good to offer if your room is more suited to a twin or full-size bed.
A television in the bedroom is an expectation among renters these days, but that doesn’t mean it has to be an insanely expensive or high-tech model. This affordable option works with Alexa and has a built-in Roku, making it an excellent Smart TV option. It is high-definition but still a relatively compact size, so it’s a great television for on top of a dresser or small table.
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using just your voice. Also available through the Roku mobile app
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- 1080p Full HD Resolution excellent detail, color, and contrast. Wireless Connection: 802.11 2x2 Dual Band
A full-length mirror is an absolute must-have Airbnb bedroom essential, even if you already offer one in the bathroom or somewhere else in the rental. Guests will need to be able to check their outfits, makeup, and more quickly, easily, and without walking to a different room. An over-the-door option is great for tight spaces, or an oversized one in a nice frame can be a gorgeous statement piece if your bedroom is lacking in décor.
5 used from $98.44
- SIZE: Full size, 65"x22", large enough for you to see your entire figure in a single glance.
- FRAME: Aluminum alloy frame, black color, elegant. Very thin frame (only 0.16" wide on front), wire drawing treat, simpler and more textured. No discoloration, no odor, safe and environmentally friendly.
- GLASS & MIRROR: High-definition. Scatter prevention and explosion-proof membrane, burst-proof, shattered glass will not be spilled out even impacted by external force, more safe and protective. Copper-free silver mirror, environmentally friendly. Coating with silver nitrate, anti-rust treatment, no oxidize and rust. Multi-layered, more protection. Original edge-sealing technology, lasting and more durable.
Dresser / Storage for Guest Clothing
Storage can come in many forms and is what really makes guests feel at home in an Airbnb. A standard dresser allows guests to move their belongings out of their luggage and into their temporary room pretty easily. Storage in a bedside table is also a good idea. This is where you can keep extras like books or magazines, as well as charging cables, batteries, and earplugs (more on these later!).
In a smaller room with less space for bulky furniture, under-the-bed storage bins work great. Also, make sure your closet space (if offered) works efficiently. Consider multi-tiered hangers, shoe storage, and hooks on the door to make sure guests can get the most out of the space.
- MID-CENTURY STYLE - Clean lines, rounded corners, and two-toned detail lend mid-century intrigue to this contemporary dresser. Update a bedroom, entryway, dining room, or living space with retro charm
- WOOD DRESSER - Sitting atop splayed legs, Origin has a durable particleboard construction and boasts a rich wood grain veneer complementing the solid color on the six spacious full-extension drawers
- SPACIOUS STORAGE - An ideal addition to a house or apartment, Origin offers concelead storage. Display and store pictures, clothes, dishes, home accessories, and more with this modern display stand
USB Alarm Clock
If the USB lamp mentioned previously is a little high-tech for your tastes, you should at least consider having a USB alarm clock on the nightstand. Similar to the lamp, this device allows multiple guests to charge their devices at the same time in one convenient location. Since you’ll definitely want to include an alarm clock as well as a charging station in your Airbnb bedroom anyway, this all-in-one device is a no-brainer.
This alarm clock features 2 USB ports as well as 2 standard AC outlets, allowing guests to charge up to five devices at once. It features built-in surge protection and was specifically designed with hotel or rental use in mind.
2 used from $24.62
- FULL DIMMABLE DISPLAY - The brightness of the 3.4-inch compact LCD is dial-controlled and adjustable from 0 to 100%, from cast-no-glow at midnight to bright enough that the time can easily be read from across the room during the day. Other features displayed on the screen include: day, 12 or 24hr mode, temperature (°F or °C), status and ringtone for alarm 1 and 2.
- CUSTOMIZABLE ALARM - Dual alarms with separate weekend/weekday/all-7-day mode satisfy the needs of everyone and every family. You may choose one of the 5 built-in tones (Beep/Piano/Buzzer/Bird/Soft Music) or radio as wake up sound, which gradually increases in volume from gentle to the level you set (options from level 3 to 16). Snooze allows extra 9 minutes of slumber.
Having an elegant lamp on the bedside table is an Airbnb bedroom essentials no-brainer. However, you can actually kill two birds with one stone by making sure things serve multiple purposes. This lamp has both USB and standard outlets built-in, making it ideal for guests to charge their phones or work from their laptops while relaxing in bed. Its multiple outlets mean it can even be placed on a table between two beds so it can be shared.
6 used from $26.67
- 【3 USB Ports&2 AC Outlets】The base of this decorative and unique desk and table bedside lamp contains 3 USB port and 2 outlets power strip so that you can charge your mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and other electronic devices. The USB port functions regardless of whether the lamp is on or off. It will look beautiful in any contemporary home or office.
- 【MINIMALIST DESIGN】COZOO nightstand lamp with traditional press switch,simpler and more durable to use.it comes with sleek fabric shade and the Fireproof plastics power base, creating a warm and cozy feelings for your home. Perfect for end table,dinning table,coffee table, bed,office, bedroom,guest room, den, nursery, meditation room.This bedside desk lamp can be used with standard e26/e27 led bulbs(included 5W bulb,The bulb is a gift, not within warranty range.
Make sure your guests feel like they are staying in a high-end hotel with nightstands like these. They have a modern flair, with a shiny white surface and rounded wood corners. They also have a touch of mid-century modern with flared wooden legs.
- MID-CENTURY STYLE - Clean lines, rounded corners, and two-toned detail lend mid-century intrigue to this contemporary stand. Update a bedroom or living space with retro charm and modern sophistication
- WOOD NIGHTSTAND - Sitting atop splayed legs, Origin has a durable particleboard construction and boasts a wood grain veneer complementing the solid color on the two spacious full-extension drawers
- SPACIOUS STORAGE - An ideal addition to a house or apartment, Origin offers concelead storage. Display and store pictures, home accessories, clothes, and more with this mid-century modern end table
A luggage rack might evoke hotel vibes for some, but they really do come in handy for traveling. Guests with heavy suitcases will appreciate being able to set them up and not having to dig around for their belongings in a pile on the floor. This one folds up nicely and can be stored away out of sight when not in use.
Airbnb Bedroom Essentials- Bedroom Safety/ Security
In most cities and counties, a smoke detector is required in each bedroom (by code). So don’t forget to provide these in your rental! This one is a good option for hosts.
- Higher Security & Compact Size: Featuring an upgraded smoke sensor with the latest in photoelectric technology, this smoke alarm responds to hazardous smoke quicker than traditional alarms with an over 85 dB loud alarm and a rapid flashing LED indicator, giving you extra time to control the fire or safely escape
- 10-Year Battery Smoke Detector: The 10-year battery-operated fire alarm reduces the trouble of frequent battery replacement; keeps your family safe by providing reliable 24/7 uninterrupted protection, allowing you to sleep safe and sound
Carbon Monoxide Detector
A reliable carbon monoxide detector is a very important safety feature to include in your bedroom (or living room). If elevated levels of carbon monoxide is detected, a loud audible alarm will sound allowing guests to get out of your rental in time to avoid inhalation of these toxic fumes. This is the one that I use in my rentals.
- CO detector that alerts with a warning signal against dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home
- Easy & quick installation - plugs directly into your home's standard wall outlet, 85 decibel alarm alerts of fire
- Protects during a power failure - 2-AA batteries, included with pack, provide backup service in the event of a power outage
- Whole home family protection - place 1 carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home & in your bedroom to protect from poisonous gases
Door Lock for Guest Security and Peace of Mind
Having sturdy bedroom locks is one of those must-have Airbnb bedroom essentials, even if guests are renting out the entire house. Nothing is worse than staying in a strange, new place and feeling insecure in your surroundings. Seeing that you’ve included a more secure option than just the standard doorknob lock will give guests the peace of mind that they need to be able to unwind. Most of these types of locks can be easily installed with no special skills or equipment required.
1 used from $31.28
- Satin nickel Halifax door lever can be used on interior doors where a privacy locking function is required, such as a bedroom or bathroom door handles
- Fully reversible contemporary lever can be installed on both left and right handed doors with an adjustable latch to fit all standard door size
- Modern door handle meets ADA/ANSI A117.1 requirements, ensuring accessibility to all disabled persons
- Alignment post for easy install and strengthened springs to ensure Kwikset lever doesn't sag over time
Nightlight for Safety
Nightlights may not be something that most of us have in our homes, but they are always appreciated in a rental environment. The layout of your Airbnb is foreign to your guests, and stumbling around in the dark while trying to find the restroom is never a fun time. Consider leaving one (unplugged) on a nightstand or side table so guests can choose to use it if they want. They’re also much more energy-efficient than leaving the lights on in another room!
- BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTABLE - You can steplessly adjust the Warm white brightness from 0 lm to 15 lm with a slide switch.You’re able to set your desired brightness on different occasions to provide the best using experience.
- AUTOMATIC ILLUMINATION - With smart dusk to dawn sensor, the night light will auto turns on at night or when ambient lighting becomes insufficient.Emitting gentle light that is easy to your eyes, while bright enough to light up your way in the darkness.
Safe for Guests Valuables
Yet another common hotel amenity, a good safe is absolutely necessary in order to keep your guests’ belongings secure and give them the peace of mind they deserve. In a rental where individual rooms are being booked, you should have a safe in each room in addition to a secure lock on each door.
This model fits neatly in a drawer, so it will be out of sight for your guests and out of mind for any potential thieves. It even has pre-drilled holes so it can be securely fastened to the furniture. With a footprint about the size of a piece of paper, it is the perfect size for storing wallets, passports, personal electronics, and extra money.
- Safe with a slim size fits conveniently inside of a drawer
- Programmable electronic keypad for easy operation; emergency back-up key included; small handle on door for quick access
- 2 live-door bolts and pry-resistant concealed hinges for superior security
- Pre-drilled mounting holes and hardware included for mounting the safe to a drawer
- Product Dimensions: Exterior measures 11.8 x 8.6 x 4.4 inches (LxWxH); interior measures 11.7 x 8.5 x 1.7 inches (LxWxH)
I always keep a flashlight by all of my Airbnb beds. You never know when one may come in handy if there was an emergency or if the power was to go out. This is one is a good option because it is rather inexpensive and is on the smaller side.
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- The Best Wrinkle Free Sheets for Airbnb: Easy Care Sheets for Your Property Rental
- The 7 Best Bed Frames for an Airbnb & Vacation Rentals
- The 5 Best Sofa Beds for Airbnb (Trundles & Daybeds Too)
Bedroom Essentials- Accessories
Extra accessories are probably the best way to make your Airbnb shine. Obviously, everyone with a room to rent is offering a place to stay and all the basics that are expected to come with it. But what makes yours special? What will “wow” guests and have them leaving stellar reviews?
There are tons of inexpensive, relatively easy ways to make your Airbnb feel extra special. Here are some extras you might consider in your vacation rental:
Curtains are probably something that your Airbnb’s bedroom already has, but did you put some thought into what kind you installed? Thin, lacy curtains look great and appeal to everyone, but they do very little to actually block out light and provide privacy.
Consider laying these thinner curtains on top of thicker, blackout-type curtains to provide more flexibility to your guests. If they want to sleep in after a long night of being out on the town, they’ll appreciate being able to keep the room darker. If your unit faces the street or another nearby house, privacy is another important factor to consider.
White Noise Machine
Does your Airbnb have a lot of ambient noise? Whether it’s from the street, neighbors, nature, or even nothing at all, a white noise machine is another amenity that will help your guests get the best rest possible. There are tons of compact, battery-powered options out there that have a variety of noise choices.
- SLEEP LIKE AN ANGEL - Let bedtime be the best time with this white noise sound machine. This sleep noise machine has 24 soothing sounds to choose, including white noise, pink noise, brown noise, light to deep fan noise, ocean waves, rain, baby lullaby, rain, little star and other nature sounds - suitable electro noise machine for baby kids and Adults. Simply pick the desired sound to facilitate a restful night's sleep.
You may have thought of offering water bottles in the kitchen, but many times guests will be reaching for them while relaxing in the bedroom as well. Having a few mini bottles on the nightstand is a great way to allow them to keep relaxing without having to go to a different room to find what they need. Another, more eco-friendly alternative is to have a pitcher and some glasses on the nightstand that can be refilled as needed.
- NATURALLY REFRESHING: Our pure bottled natural spring mineral water is always a refreshing, naturally hydrating drink. Its quality and taste make it perfect for serving by the glass, or drinking directly from the bottle at home, at school or at the gym.
- NATURAL HYDRATION: Evian's bottled water starts off nestled in the French Alps before delivering natural hydration and naturally occurring electrolytes. It's a great way to rehydrate post-workout, or as a refreshing drink on your lunch break or commute.
Rental Recon Tip: If you rent out an individual bedroom, a mini-fridge is a super cost-effective way to enhance your guests’ experience. Even a small tabletop model has enough room to store some cold drinks, snacks, or leftovers. Many people are apprehensive about sharing a fridge with strangers, so giving them their own dedicated space is a great idea. Some of them are even fridge-microwave combos, which will help save you even more space.
Don’t Forget the Tissues
Tissues should be readily available, ideally in multiple places around your Airbnb but especially in the bedroom. Having a full box ready on the bedside table is a good idea. To make our rooms look a little more polished, I use these decorator-style tissues for something a little fancier than the standard box.
I have seen some hosts uses a bedroom tray placed on top of the bed. This could have a small vase of flowers with a welcome note, chocolates, bottle of wine, etc. Lay this on top of a strategically placed throw blanket and…pow!….what a way to welcome your guests!
6 used from $16.09
- 100% PREMIUM & NATURAL BAMBOO: This rectangular bamboo serving Tray is made of high quality bamboo known to be environmentally friendly, healthy, durable and beautiful. The natural bamboo of the large serving tray is sustainable and renewable, helps to reduce carbon dioxide gases blamed for global warming.The wood serving tray is the perfect accent to you.
- VERSATILE & STYLISH TRAY: Ideal for eating, working, decorating and storing, this multi-functional rectangular bamboo serving tray is either serving small food & drink or organizing your favorite home goods like display candles, jewelry, makeup, perfume, candies, books, fruits, vegetables, bar ware & beyond.
Sometimes a white noise maker just isn’t enough and extra more aggressive measures are necessary to drown out the noise. Sometimes a good old pair of earplugs can do the trick. Put some packaged earplugs in your bedroom tray to really show your Airbnb guests that you care.
- PERFECT NOISE REDUCTION - Provide Max Noise Reduction For The Peace, Quiet, and Sleep You Deserve! Perfect For Sleeping, Snoring, Shooting, Work, Construction, Hunting, Concerts And All Other Loud Activities. Length: Approx. 25 inches. NRR 28DB
- WASHABLE AND REUSABLE - Earplugs can be washed with basic soap and warm water and re-used multiple times, anywhere from 2 months up to a year.
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED - Each pair is sealed in its own plastic bag for good sanitation. They are easy to keep at work, in the car, purse, backpack without getting dirty.
This might go above and beyond what an ordinary host may provide, but I thought I’d throw it in. You might consider offering plush robes to your guests, depending on your hosting situation. These could be rolled up and put on top of the bed before guest arrival. You might also consider buying one that is monogrammed with your Airbnb’s name.
6 used from $34.05
- Plush terry-cotton bathrobe for luxurious spa-like comfort at home or away; for men and women (unisex)
- Made of 100% cotton for breathability and strength; zero twist cotton fibers ensure a supremely soft feel
- Highly absorbent and quick drying; light fabric weight (360 grams per square meter) for year-round use
- Shawl collar ups the cozy factor; removable belt; 2 front pockets; machine washable
Outlet Near Bed- Power Strip for All of Those Portable Devices
A power strip is another Airbnb essential to include in your bedroom. While standard outlets will certainly get the job done in most situations, nowadays many people travel with multiple electronic devices that need charging. This is especially true if there are multiple people sharing a room. Not only does a power strip keep your guests from having to fight over limited outlet space, most of them also function as surge protectors. This will protect your (and your guests’) electronic devices from damage in the unfortunate event of a power outage.
Clothes Iron and Ironing Board
Providing amenities like a clothes iron and an ironing board can really help make your guests feel secure knowing that they have all the comforts and conveniences of home while staying at your Airbnb. A folding ironing board can easily fit into any closet space (or even under the bed) and be brought out when needed. If it suits your room, you can even use the kind that mount to the back of a door.
3 used from $31.12
- Faster Heating - Mueller Retractable Steam Iron only takes 3 seconds for steam to regenerate and reach max temperature in less than a minute much faster than traditional irons.
- Stainless Steel Soleplate - Effortlessly glides over fabrics and allows for tight spots and corners. Suitable for all types of fabrics, even the most delicate ones.
- Retractable Cord - The 8 ft. retractable cord winds up quickly with the touch of a button. Makes your iron storage more convenient and tidy.
Clothes hangers are unfortunately an extremely common item missing in many an Airbnb bedroom. All the closet space in the world won’t make a difference if guests have no way to use it! Make sure you have at least a few nice hangers available.
Rental Recon Tip: Go above and beyond expectations by providing a full suite of clothes storage and cleaning options. An on-site washer and dryer is great if you can provide one, but if when this isn’t a realistic option there are still several things you can offer. A mini clothes steamer allows guests to freshen up their outfit, and a few nicer hangers with shoulder support are great for those storing more delicate garments.
A fan can be an important feature for your Airbnb or vacation rental. If you don’t have air conditioning in your home, a fan is a must-have in a warm-weather climate. In addition to circulating some cool air, it provides a level of white noise to temper any noise from other occupants in the rental.
1 used from $37.86
- Ready Made: 2 panels per package. Each Classic Lined Curtain measures 52" wide x 95" long (Total width is 104"). 2.7-inch rod pockets are recommended with no greater than a 1.7-inch rod for maximum movement. Create pleats easily, adding decorative style.
- 100% Blackout: Sew in black liner backing makes the drapes thick enough to completely keep out the 100% SUNLIGHT and UV RAY. The greatest benefit is to offer you a real dark environment, bringing you a good night's sleep during the day.
You may want to consider providing a laundry basket in your bedroom. It may sound a little strange, but guests will inevitably pull their sheets off of the bed and leave them on the floor. Guests may also need a place to put their dirty laundry during their stay. And if you provide a classy-looking laundry basket, it won’t seem out of place. This is one that I have used in the past.
If space allows, you might consider offering guests a charging station for all of their portable devices. If this is a larger room with multiple beds, this may be an important feature to include.
- CABLES INCLUDED - 6pcs Mixed Charging Cables: 2pcs Cables Compatible with lPhone lPad, 2pcs Micro USB Cables, 2pcs Type-C Cables. Perfectly Compatible with all your Apple and Android Phones/Tablets and others.
- CHARGE & CLEAN & ORGANIZED - NO more cluttered cables, NO bunch of chargers, everything in one place, clean and organized. White color with Hard-wearing matte finish, light-blue LED, Space Grey Silica gel Strips, combine to make this a truly Premium Charging Station. Designed to fit anywhere, company, office, boardroom, home, living room, bedroom, kitchen, hotel, restaurants, classroom.
Airbnb Bedroom Essentials Checklist
In a full-home rental with multiple bedrooms, it’s not strictly necessary. Certain things would be nice to include in each room, such as charging stations, nightlights, and tissues, but others would be a little redundant. After all, it’s not like your guests will really need 3 or 4 ironing boards!
This is a scenario where it might make more sense to include duplicate items. If you are renting to different parties at the same time, it isn’t a good idea to only let one room have access to a safe, for example. Make sure that each room can function nicely as its own rental unit.
If you’re looking to save a little money, consider offering items like an iron or complimentary extras in the communal area of your home so guests can access them as needed.