**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
As Airbnb hosts, we know that part of what draws guests to rent with us over traditional hotels is that we provide a homey experience. Guests really do want the “bed and breakfast” feel. My guess is that you’ve got the “bed” part nailed down, but what about the “breakfast”?
Providing a functional, inviting kitchen to your guests will help elevate their rental experience and earn you that coveted 5-star review. Nowadays, many people prefer the experience of cooking their own food on vacation rather than eating out for every meal. This means that guests expect a well-stocked kitchen with a wide variety of cooking supplies. But is your Airbnb’s kitchen ready to accommodate that? Keep reading to find out.
What are the Airbnb Kitchen Essentials that Every Host Should Have in their Vacation Rental?
- Trash and Recycling
- Attractive CounterTop Food Storage
- Hand Towels
- Decorative Towels
- Coffee/ Tea Organizer
- Coffee Syrups
- Snack Board
- Sandwich Bags
- Soap Dispensing Brush
- Dish Drying Rack
- Plastic Bag Dispenser
Appliance Essentials for Any Airbnb or Short Term Rental
Refrigerator & Oven
It’s very likely that if your Airbnb has a kitchen, it already has a fridge and oven. However, if your kitchen does not yet have these all-important appliances, you’ll definitely need to get them ASAP. A mini fridge-freezer combo is a very affordable option to start out with, and works great in a tight space. It’s highly energy efficient and has plenty of space for leftovers and beverages.
- SLIM FREEZER AND REFRIGERATOR COMBO: 25 cubic ft. side-by-side fridge and freezer provides ample fresh and frozen food storage in a slim design and features a dual pad ice and water dispenser
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Features 15.46 cubic ft. of interior refrigerated space for fresh foods and 9.11 cubic ft. of freezer storage for frozen foods, and has gallon-size door bins for taller, wider items
- EASY ACCESS SHELVING: Adjustable, easy-to-clean shelving gives you more shelf space for easier organizing, and can accommodate tall wine bottles and wide juice jugs for customizable food storage
A good quality microwave is our next must-have. Whether it’s reheating leftovers or making popcorn, your guests are sure to need one at some point. Just provide one that sits on the counter, or built-in.
8 used from $95.55
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Rated Voltage: 120V - 60Hz
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch (w x d x h), large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, cavity 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inch (w x d x h), turn table 12.4 inch (diameter)
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
- Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel, glass turntable
The toaster is where the “breakfast” part of your bed and breakfast can really shine through. Even if guests aren’t in the mood to cook a full-on meal, they can still have a quick early meal.
7 used from $28.73
- EXTRA WIDE 1.5" TOASTING SLOTS to fit extra thick slices of bread products such as Texas Toast, bagels and specialty breads.
- 6 ADJUSTABLE TOASTING LEVELS to select the perfect browning shade for your bread. From slightly warm to dark and crunchy.
- REHEAT & BAGEL FUNCTION allows you to easily reheat and warm breads quickly and the Bagel will conveniently toast only the center of sliced bagels.
- CONVENIENT CANCEL BUTTON lets you quickly cancel and release the toast in the middle of the toasting cycle.
Electric kettles are starting to gain some traction here in the US after years of widespread use in other countries. They allow guests to easily enjoy a hot beverage, instant soup, and more, all at the touch of a button. This one by Cosori has an incredibly sleek look and features an LED light indicator and a safety shut-off. It also does not allow itself to be turned on without water inside, saving you and your guests from accidental mishaps.
11 used from $22.79
- SUPERIOR MATERIALS--Your kettle is made with high-quality borosilicate glass, and 304 stainless steel to keep your water safe and tasting pure for years to come.
- LARGER MOUTH--Your kettle is designed with a wide-open 4.3 inch/110 mm mouth for quick cleanup of any residue or limescale using lemon juice or baking soda.
- CONVENIENT & DETAILED--Specially design the non-drip spout and scald-proof lid for easily controlling the flow and preventing scald.
An electric mixer is what will really elevate your Airbnb’s kitchen experience to the next level. It will allow guests to do their own baking, which is a huge bonus that most don’t expect. Choose a bright red for a pop of color, or the classic stainless steel for a sleek, timeless look.
4 used from $61.10
- Same mixing action as KitchenAid stand mixers. This mixer performs better than 2-beater stand mixers, and features the popular tilt-up head design for adding ingredients and changing attachments quickly.
- Baking with ease: Effortlessly mix thick batters and doughs like breads, pizza, cookies, mashed potatoes and more with a powerful, 300 watt motor.
- Complete bowl coverage: No scraping necessary. Mix hands-free with excellent results every time. Planetary mixing rotates the beaters around the 4 quart, stainless steel bowl, for even and complete mixing.
Coffee makers are standard in hotel rooms these days, although they’re not typically recognized for their quality. Take your rental’s experience a step up by investing in a high-quality machine. This one, by Breville, makes tasty and elegant espresso on demand. It uses pods, so there’s no messy cleanup.
3 used from $81.00
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 plus cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
While not technically an appliance, a water filter pitcher is something your guests will certainly use and appreciate multiple times a day. Even if your local tap water is the highest quality, most guests just feel more comfortable knowing their water has been filtered.
Airbnb Cooking Supplies
You won’t get very far cooking without some nice pots and pans. This set makes cooking (and cleaning) a pleasure. All nonstick, this set has everything your guests will need to cook the meal of their dreams.
4 used from $101.21
- Set includes: 8 inches fry pan, 10 inches fry pan, 1 quart; Saucepan with lid, 2 quart saucepan with lid, 3 quart saucepan with lid, 5 quart; Dutch oven with lid, solid spoon and slotted spatula; Heat source, Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen
- Built to perform: A true workhorse in the kitchen, hard anodized aluminum retains perfect heat and has a much stronger protective layer than the original metal, making it corrosion and scratch resistant, plus it won’t react to acidic foods
Mixing bowls are another must-have for any guest looking to cook or bake. OXO’s 3-piece set features grip handles and convenient pour spouts for mess-free use. They even have no-skid rubber on the bottom, so there won’t be any frustrating sliding around. Since they nest for convenient storage, space-saving doesn’t have to be a concern.
7 used from $18.53
- Set includes: 1.5, 3.0 and 5.0 qt sizes
- Wide grip and spout for easy pouring
- Non-slip bottom stabilizes Bowl while mixing
- Soft, comfortable, non-slip handle
- Bowls nest for compact storage
- 1-1/2-quart size perfect for whisking eggs or salad dressings, 3-quart size designed for use with electric mixers, 5-quart size ideal for tossing salads or serving popcorn
A good set of cookware will go a long way in impressing your guests, even those used to fancy kitchens at their own homes. This 23-piece set even includes measuring cups and a can opener! Even better, they are all rubber or plastic coated, meaning that guests won’t be able to ruin your nonstick pans by scratching them.
6 used from $22.52
- 25 nylon cooking utensils - Utensil Set includes everything you need to cook that perfect dish
- High quality that lasts - These kitchen gadgets are made to stand the test of time. Top of the range 430 stainless steel handles provide greater durability than other plastic kitchen utensil sets
- Perfect for non-stick - Nylon heads prevent these kitchen tools from scratching and damaging expensive non-stick pots and pans
No one likes scrambling to use a dishtowel in a hurry to grab something hot out of the oven. Some durable hot pads solve this problem. These are machine washable too, and the black color option won’t show any unfortunate stains that may occur.
- OVEN MITTS AND POTHOLDER SET: The oven mitts (5.9*11 inch) and potholders (7.1*10.3 inch) can protect your wrists and forearms very well. Combination of silicone and cotton for maximum flexibility and heat protection; soft and super comfortable.
- HEAT RESISTANT UP TO 500 DEGREES: Whether you take a pan or steaming pot out of your oven, or tending to a grill, you can rest assured that your hands and forearms will be well protected by these high quality, heat resistant oven mitts and potholders.
Pasta is always a popular meal to cook amongst Airbnb guests. It only takes a few ingredients and a few dishes to throw together a fantastic meal. I always like to have a few basic options such as spaghetti and macaroni on hand for guests to use. Be sure to provide a colander for a hassle-free dinner.
- Microperforated Holes Drain Faster And Prevent Fall-through. Extra close, small holes on every surface allow for super fast drainage so you don’t have to tilt the bowl to get all of the water out. Our robust sieve holds onto your spaghetti noodles and cooked rice and stops small foods from falling through.
- Save Time Cleaning. 100% dishwasher safe and rust-proof, this 5 Quart colander has never been easier to clean. The smooth pierced metal is gentle on your dish cloths and hands.
A meat thermometer is something a lot of us like to imagine we’ll never use. The reality is that this little tool is indispensable, especially if your rental has a grill. Give your guests the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their meat is cooked to perfection. This very affordable option reads in just 3-5 seconds and even comes with a 3-year warranty.
- OVEN / SMOKER / GRILLER / STOVE TOP SAFE&HIGH HEAT RESISTANCE: Specially designed external wire probe to measure the internal temperature of the meat while put into the oven / griller / smoker, 42’’ long wire that you can track the meat thermometer from the machine outside, which is so called leave in thermometer, yet the original probe can only measure the food after taking out from the machine. Meat probe and wire can withstand temp from -58°F to 572°F (-50°C to 300°C).
Even when guests come expecting to cook, they rarely are able to bring their own supplies. Fresh food can easily be purchased locally, but few guests are going to want to spend money on supplies they won’t use up during their stay. Having a cooking oil set on hand alleviates this issue. Simply fill with oil and vinegar and your guests can do the rest.
2 used from $19.13
- EASY POUR & NO SPILLAGE - One collapsible funnel for an easy pour experience and four spout seals provided to avoid any spillage problems; Hassle free olive oil dispenser bottle set
- CONVENIENT - Unlike our competitors, each of our Oil and Vinegar Dispenser set can hold up to 17 oz, so you won't have to worry about old oil often. Built to automatically ventilate as well, for easy pouring over salads, pastas, sandwiches, and more
Another ingredient that can be prohibitively expensive for guests to buy on their own is spices. Most will only use a few teaspoons at a time (if that), so having a well-stocked spice rack at their disposal is easy and convenient.
5 used from $29.76
- QUICK ACCESS: revolving spice rack provides ultimate kitchen organization with clearly labeled caps to make spices easy to find and within reach when needed
- ESSENTIAL SPICES: jars are filled with various spices that may include basil, garlic salt, rosemary, oregano, and more, and spice rack comes with 5 years of free spice refills
- MESS-FREE POURING: each jar in this seasoning organizer comes with a plastic sifter cap for controlled dispensing
Good Quality Knife Set
Knives are arguably the most important cooking tool, and good ones can last a lifetime. For those reasons, it’s worth investing in a high-quality knife block. This block comes with 19 different knives that are all dishwasher safe.
- QUALITY MANUFACTURING: Zwilling special formula steel, Precision stamped blades; Traditional, 3 rivet Design polymer handle is embedded with Zwilling logo, Made in Germany
- TOUGH BLADE: FRIODUR blade, ice hardened to 57 Rockwell Hardness
- SHARP EDGE: Hand sharpened and polished, Laser controlled edge
- PRECISE CUTTING: 15-degree angle on each side (10 degree on Santoku’s)
- DISHWASHER SAFE: (Hand washing recommended)
A salad spinner is a very handy tool that allows guests to quickly and easily pull together a meal. Plus, it can be used for much more than just salads: washing produce, storing veggies, and so much more.
6 used from $22.46
- Easy, one handed operation with patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Soft, non slip knob locks down for storage, and a non slip ring and wide base keep bowl steady on countertop
- Elegant, clear bowl is perfect for serving, and basket can be used separately as a colander
- Clear, flat lid allows for convenient stacking when not in use, disassembles for easy cleaning, and parts are top rack dishwasher safe and BPA Free
Kitchen Essentials- Hand Tools
It goes without saying that hosts are expected to provide some silverware. This set has service for 4, which is usually more than enough. Depending on the size of your Airbnb, you may choose to purchase a few sets so your guests will never run out.
3 used from $13.49
- Include 20 piece utensils, consist of 4 dinner knives, 4 dinner forks, 4 dinner spoons, 4 salad forks, 4 tea spoons
- Durable, constructed by high quality rust-resistant stainless steel, durable for everyday use
- Craft, mirror finished surface, simple appearance with no redundant annoying decoration, smooth edge no rough spots
- Proper weight, proper gauge to hold comfortably, easy to clean by hand wash, dishwasher safe makes cleaning a breeze
Utility scissors will make short work of herbs, veggies, meat and more. They even have a built-in bottle opener. I like to keep mine on the counter where they’re easily accessible to anyone who might need them. A lot of knife blocks even have a built-in spot for them. Another option is a small hook on the side of the fridge or cabinet, alongside other useful tools.
- A USEFUL SET FOR ANY KICTHEN: Everyone needs a pair of sharp shears and a pair of seafood scissors in their household. The kitchen scissors will make any meal preparation faster and the seafood peelers will help you remove the shells of shrimps and prawns fast and with ease. Gidli offers you both these cutting tools in one practical bundle that will make your life so much easier! So get the multipurpose utility scissors set and upgrade your kitchen equipment.
Few things are more frustrating than trying to finagle your way into a bottle of wine after you find yourself without a corkscrew. Save your guests the headache with a wine opener. Restaurant quality, it will stand up to daily use.
3 used from $20.05
- 【High-quality & Ease Of Use】 Each element of our set is made of high-quality materials due to its simple and attractive design made of durable stainless steel, it provides an excellent combination of beauty and practicality. The ergonomic design manual lever opener is the perfect partner for elegant dinners. Adapt a lever principle that removes the cork in a few seconds with a simple action.
- 【Durable Material Of The Gift】: Made of heavy-duty zinc alloy with bronze-plated grips , metal gears& a Teflon-coated spiral. Luxurious and durablity ,we can use them as a handy tool enough longer.
The grater is the unsung hero of the kitchen. You might try a microplane style that gives off delicate, fine shavings of everything from cheese to nutmeg. It has the added bonus of being a lot less bulky than the traditional box graters.
- Fantastic Results Without The Fatigue - With minimal effort you can perfectly shred and slice cheese and vegetables. Get creative and make dinner exciting again by grating, slicing and making fresh zest to take your meals to another level. Best of all, it's dishwasher safe and backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
- Food Prep Done Fast With Our New Extra Wide Size: Shred a block of cheese in no time with this wonderful product that is effective and durable. This professional version has a contoured shape that is wider than our original grater and makes grating cheese and soft foods easy and also allows for a greater holding capacity.
A simple pizza cutter is easy to forget when stocking your Airbnb’s kitchen, but your guests will certainly notice its omission when they find themselves in need of one!
- ✅【QUALITY PIZZA CUTTER】- SCHVUBENR Kitchen designed this pizza cutter with craftmanship. This product adopts one-piece riveting process which makes it can achieve more than 1000 TIMES cutting, super durable.
- ✅【PREMIUM MATERIAL】- This pizza cutter is made entirely of high-quality stainless steel and features a super sharp Roller that can cut through large or small crust. Food will not be stuck around the Pizza Wheel. Hand wash your Pizza Wheel water or place it in the dishwasher. Easy to Clean and Dishwasher Safe!
As a host, you don’t want to be spending time and money constantly replacing broken dishes. Get yourself a set of heavy-duty dishes like these to avoid the hassle. This matching set features plates of two different sizes, mugs, and bowls. It comes in 4 different color striped options to add a pop of interest to your kitchen. I personally love the red, as it reminds me of a diner set.
- 16-piece round dinnerware set of matching plates, bowls and coffee mugs; service for 4
- AB-grade porcelain; BPA-free; lightweight yet durable
- Elegant white with contemporary red-trim detail
- Safe in your microwave and oven as well as dishwasher-safe
- Includes 4 each: 10.5-inch dinner plate, 7.5-inch salad/dessert plate, 5.5 x 2.75-inch bowl, and 4-inch-tall coffee/tea mug
Your Airbnb should be a unique experience for your guests. After all, if they wanted to stay at a boring hotel, they would have. Having some fun mugs in your cabinet can give them an unexpected laugh in the morning. Mix and match until you have an eclectic set. It’s great when each guest can find something fun that matches their personality!
- HILARIOUS COFFEE MUG: You can treat your symptoms with the world’s best medicine – coffee! This 12 oz coffee mug with clever label (read it!) is a hilarious way to start your day.
- PERFECT FOR HOME OR OFFICE: BigMouth Inc’s Prescription Bottle Coffee Mug is just what the doctor ordered. It is a perfect addition to your at-home coffee cup collection, a must have for the office, and the ideal mug for when you need a laugh.
Wine glasses are another fun way to make your rental stand out from the rest. Having a classic set is always a good idea, but I also like to have some that are a little more unique. Stemless glasses are very trendy at the moment, and there are a plethora of shops that offer customized etching so that you can really make an impression on your guests.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Our stemless glass features an ergonomic design to make sure that you have the most comfortable grip while sipping your drink.
- LASER ENGRAVED - Our transparent stemless glass features laser engraved design that will not peel, crack or fade easily even after regular use.
- STABLE BASE - This stemless glass is more stable than a traditional wine glass. You no longer have to worry about spills and sloshes.
Miscellaneous Airbnb Kitchen Essentials
A trash can in the kitchen is a no-brainer, but what about recycling? A combo trash and recycling bin gives an attractive, all-in-one solution to your guests. This one comes in a variety of sizes and finishes, so there is one for every kitchen space.
6 used from $174.58
- NEAT AND SECURE - Stainless steel liner rim flips up for a quick and easy liner change, then closes over the liner to hold it tightly in place and keep it hidden from sight.
- LINER POCKET - Keep liners where you need them. Dispense them one by one — no perforations or unraveling — from inside the can for a faster liner change.
- CLEANER STAINLESS STEEL - simplehuman's invisible silver-ion coating resists fingerprints and the spread of germs without dulling the natural sheen and luster of the steel.
Food storage is less glamorous, but still an absolute necessity. This enormous set has more than enough pieces to store your guests’ leftovers. They stack very nicely in the fridge and cabinets for easy storage.
Attractive countertop food storage serves the two-fold purpose of function and style. I love these containers by OXO. The lid forms an airtight seal with a single, satisfying click. They are also very modular and can be arranged so that they’re very visually appealing. This allows you to store commonly used ingredients like pasta, flour, sugar or coffee in plain sight on the counter. In a way, it almost functions as an art piece itself.
- Set includes: one 2.1-qt Container, one 1.5-qt Container, two 0.9-qt Containers, and one 0.3-qt Container
- 5 Piece Value Set provides a savings of $9.96/16.61%
- These airtight, space-saving storage containers keep your dry foods fresh and your pantry organized
- Push the button for an airtight seal, push again to release. Button pops up to double as a built-in handle
- Shaped for maximum space efficiency; these stackable, modular canisters can be completely customized to fit any space
Speaking of art, no kitchen is complete without a few stylized pieces on the wall. These botanical herb prints are unobtrusive yet very appropriately themed. They would work well in any kitchen space, and it’s possible to display just two or three at a time instead of the full set of six if your kitchen is short on space.
Hand towels should always be included in your kitchen, ideally in a few different locations. I like to keep one by the sink, a few on the oven door, and some extras stored away. This set of 4 is enough to get you started and is extremely affordable. Consider purchasing a few so you’ll always have clean ones ready.
- SUPER ABSORBENT - Microfiber material provides super absorbent water ability of the towels which could absorb water 6 times of itself.
- GENEROUSLY SIZED - Each towel measures 26 x 18 inches perfect size. This dish towel is oversize and good for kitchen as kitchen napkins.
- DURABLE & GOOD SHAPE - With excellent sewing process, the kitchen towel can always stay in a good shape after thrown into a washer. Color fading and shrink will not happen all the time even after tons of washing.
Decorative towels are another way to make your kitchen pop. Try one with a strong motif, and the rest with a subtle pattern. Hanging these on the oven door (especially layered on top of more functional hand towels) helps make your kitchen a focal point.
- PERFECT FOR ALL YOUR KITCHEN TASKS: The decorative kitchen towels are large enough to assist you in all your kitchen activities everyday. These dish rags for cleaning are essential while cooking and baking your delicacies to maintain cleanliness and make a great kitchen and home decor.
- HIGHLY ABSORBENT & QUICK DRYING: These 100 % cotton linen kitchen hand towels are lightweight, super absorbent, quick drying making it reusable immediately and can be hanged anywhere after use.
Coffee Pod Organizer
A coffee pod organizer is a must-have if your Airbnb features a single-serve coffee maker. Rummaging through a drawer for the flavor you’re craving is not exactly ideal. The K-Cup Carousel takes up very little counter space but still holds 35 pods! I recommend stocking a variety of options: flavored, unflavored, decaf, and tea.
2 used from $18.39
- COFFEE POD CAROUSEL: This Nifty carousel is compatible with K-Cups and stylishly showcases up to 35 of your favorite coffee pods. The lazy Susan base platform revolves and spins 360-degrees, which makes it simple and convenient to find and choose your preferred flavor.
- MODERN DESIGN: The modern, black powder-coated design looks fantastic on the countertop in the kitchen, your dorm room, or in the office coffee bar. Even the heaviest of coffee drinkers will want this carousel to easily brew a cup of coffee.
Coffee syrups are a really special amenity to offer. They allow guests to have their own mini-barista experience without the fancy equipment. However, you do get host bonus points if you offer more than one way to make coffee in your Airbnb! If you currently have a single-serve coffee maker, something else like a French press allows guests more control over their morning brew.
- Bring home signature Starbucks café flavor with Starbucks Naturally Flavored syrups and sauces. Elevate your morning coffee
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Vanilla Syrup has a sweet and rich flavor, Caramel Syrup has a smooth and buttery flavor, and Hazelnut Syrup has a rich and nutty flavor flavor
- Starbucks syrups and sauces pair perfectly with your favorite Starbucks coffee
- Add one tablespoon to your 12-oz. coffee for a splash of smooth and buttery caramel flavor
If you personally check in your guests (or if you have a good idea of when they’ll be arriving) setting up a snack board for them is an amazing touch. Walking in to some meats and cheeses is always a welcome surprise. This board has spots to hold crackers, nuts, and more. It’s also antimicrobial.
1 used from $17.40
- A GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR EVERYONE. This beautiful cheese board makes for the perfect housewarming gift. What better way to celebrate the start of a new beginning than with a gift that brings people together. Beautifully packaged, this charcuterie board makes the perfect wedding gift or housewarming registry item.
- BEAUTIFULLY SUSTAINABLE. Meeting today's demand for premium goods, ROYAL CRAFT WOOD’s charcuterie boards are made of 100% natural bamboo that’s easy to clean and maintain. Carefully constructed with high-quality craftsmanship and ingenuity - this wood serving tray is sturdy and durable with slip-resistant tabs underneath to prevent sliding.
Having some sandwich bags on hand allows your guests the flexibility to take a light snack with them on the go. They can also be used for storing certain leftovers, or even personal items if necessary.
- Grip ‘n Seal technology with extended tab, easy-grip texture and double zipper makes these plastic sandwich bags easy to use
- Great for ‘on the go’ enjoyment – at school, at the office, or wherever life takes you
- Mindfully made to be reusable and recyclable
- Durable BPA-free plastic makes these reusable Ziploc bags perfect for storing food and non-food items, such as crayons, craft items and more
Soap Dispensing Brush
Doing the dishes is nobody’s favorite chore, but having the right tools on hand can make it a little more tolerable. A soap dispensing brush makes washing dishes much easier. You can refill it with the dish soap of your choice, and then dispense small amounts by pressing a button.
2 used from $8.17
- Squirts soap with the light push of a button
- Durable nylon bristles
- Scraper on backside of brush easily removes baked on food
- Bristles and scraper are safe for non-stick cookware. Simply pop off bottom of Brush handle to refill
- Dimension (inches): 12 x 1.25 x 3.75
Dish Drying Rack
Using a dish drying rack is so much faster and easier than towel drying all your dishes, pots, and pans. Who wouldn’t want more free time to go out and explore a new city? This one has a relatively small footprint of just over one square foot and features a compartment for silverware as well.
1 used from $14.53
- Chrome finish combines elegance with functionality
- Color coated wire base to protect dishes, and increase stylish
- Small-sized drainer with slots to hold up more than 8 dishes
- Detachable plastic cutlery cup
- Measures 12-3/4 by 14-1/4 by 5-1/4 inches approximately
Plastic Bag Dispenser
A plastic bag dispenser is a much better option than the classic “bag full of bags” that most of us have under our sinks. Guests can use these for tons of different purposes: dirty laundry, souvenir bags, extra shopping bags, and more. Just be sure to let them know where it is!
- Convenient Storage - Easily access your plastic grocery bags with this handy storage solution, perfect for keeping your reusable bags neat and all in one place.
- Extra-Wide Openings - Quickly and easily grab all the bags you need from the wide dispensing slot on the bottom, or store your grocery bags by placing them in the top opening for clutter-free storage.
- Easy Installation - This shopping bag holder easily mounts on walls and inside of cabinets & closets and is perfect for storing trash bags, garbage bags, grocery bags, shopping bags, etc. Mounting hardware included.
Matches can be very easily overlooked—that is, until you really need them. Whether you have a candle in your rental (which you definitely should), or a pesky gas stove that needs help lighting, don’t forget to always have a box of matches on hand.
Check Out These Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- [The Best Outdoor Furniture for Airbnb] & Vacation Rentals
- 39 Airbnb Bathroom Essentials, Supplies, & Checklist for Vacation Rental Hosts
- [55 Vacation Rental Essentials] & Supplies Every Vacation Rental Host Should Have
In short, it varies. The main factor to consider is your insurance. Some policies do allow hosts to provide alcohol to guests, while some explicitly forbid it. In these cases, if you did provide the guests with alcohol and an incident occurred, your insurance may not cover it. Always check to be sure.
If your insurance does allow it, providing a local wine or craft beer is an awesome touch. If not, a guide to local vineyards or breweries shows guests that you care about them having a great time.
It is typically not expected, but some basic supplies will surely be welcome. Things like cooking oil and spices can be used over many different bookings, whereas something basic but perishable like eggs or milk would obviously need to be replenished more frequently. You can always ask your guests in advance if there is any particular thing they would like you to have on hand.