Through the trials and tribulations of being an Airbnb Superhost, I’ve come up with a list of tried-and-true Airbnb list of supplies that work really well for our rentals. I thought I’d share these products with you in case they are of use. Here we go!
Here is the break down on each Airbnb supply mentioned above:
Comfortable & Durable Mattress & Bed Frame For Airbnb
Having a comfortable and durable mattress and sturdy bed frame is essential for your Airbnb. A good mattress can make all the difference in how your guest’s body feels when they wake up. Making sure your guests have a great sleep will lead to five-star reviews for you.
- STRONG AND DURABLE BUILD – Expertly crafted and made to last, this queen bed frame will have you feeling safe and secure as you sleep. The bed frame is built from supremely durable solid wood construction to promote longevity and stability. Wooden slat support further enhances the durability of this queen size bed.
- SLEEP IN MID CENTURY MODERN STYLE - Sleep in style - Mid-century modern style, that is. This contemporary queen bed frame delivers the epitome of elegance and class. The soft beige, blind-tufted headboard and splayed legs of the queen bed frame make this a modern masterpiece you’ll feel excited to bring into your home.
Quality Bed Sheets For Airbnb
These 500 thread count sheets are the sheets that I use in my Airbnb. They are durable, haven’t faded over time, and have luxurious 2-inch sateen stripes. If I need to replace them, they are industry standard so they are easily replaceable.
- Viscose Derived from Bamboo Sheets - Our King sheet sets are made from 100% Viscose Derived from Bamboo, with 144 grams per square meter (GSM) of fibers for a super soft feel that you won't want to get up from.
- Safe - Rest easy knowing your sheet set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified to be free of harmful substances and materials.
- Complete Set: This King Viscose Derived from Bamboo sheets set comes with 2 pillow cases, a flat sheet, and a fitted sheet for your comfort.
Airbnb Mattress Protectors
You will want to provide a mattress protector for your beds. This will ensure your mattress stays clean. You really won’t want dust mites to bed bugs making a home on your mattress. Make sure the protector is made to protect against bed bugs.
1 used from $22.49
- TOTAL PROTECTION: This mattress encasement keeps your mattress surface safe and fresh with 360˚ protection. Ultra-thin, flexible fabric stays secured in place and fits up to 12” mattresses
- AQUA TIGHT BARRIER: 100% waterproof mattress cover safeguards your mattress against liquids, spills, and accidents—keeping you dry and comfortable while also avoiding stains and messes
- QUIET COMFORT: Sleep comfortably with this breathable bed protector. Lightweight fabric is noiseless, allowing a peaceful night’s sleep that won’t change the feel of your mattress
Airbnb Mattress Topper
Mattress toppers are an inexpensive solution that will provide your Airbnb guests with a more comfortable sleep experience. A mattress topper is a two- to four-inch layer of memory foam, latex, down alternatives, wool, or other material added on top of your mattress for added support and comfort.
Airbnb Pillows- Hypoallergenic
A happy night’s sleep for your guests will likely lead to better reviews. So make sure to provide two pillows per bed. This is a requirement if you get to list your property under Airbnb Plus. But it is a good standard even for regular Airbnb listings. Provide one thick, and one thin hypoallergenic pillow for different options for your guest.
4 used from $75.60
- SUPERIOR COMFORT - King pillows have a 250 thread count cover filled with a soft down alternative. One of the best new home essentials gift for bedroom, room or home decor.
- KEEP COOL - If you easily overheat, or maybe you're looking for cool king size pillows for night sweats, the breathability of our standard bed pillow can offer welcome relief.
- SAFE & SOUND - These fluffy Beckham Hotel Collection bed pillows are made in an OEKO-TEX Standard Certified factory that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.
Airbnb Pillow Protector
Airbnb pillows should be protected against bed bugs as well. Use a good-quality pillow protector with a tight zipper.
Hypoallergenic Comforter For Airbnb Guests
I love this hypoallergenic comforter. It is light and can be easily washed. I can use it year-round, and I haven’t had any guest complaints about the bedding.
Rollaway Folding Bed For Airbnb Guests
A rollaway bed is a folding bed with wheels. Rollaway beds are easy to set up and stow away and allow you to accommodate more guests. You can even charge more for the additional person per night, provided you put that in your listing. It is a great alternative to an air mattress, which is prone to damage.
USB Alarm Clock for Your Airbnb
Having a USB alarm clock is an essential Airbnb supply. I have one in each of the bedrooms in my Airbnbs. They have three USB ports so that multiple devices can be charged if needed. There are also outlets right on top of the clock for adapter use.
Airbnb Luggage Rack
An extra place to rest your suitcase will be greatly appreciated by your guests. Place one of these racks in each of your bedrooms. You will also need a place for guests to hang their dresses and dress shirts, so provide closet space, or get a wheeled hanging rack like this one.
Airbnb Hangers & Closet (or Mobile Rack)
After guests have pressed their clothes using your handy iron and ironing board, they will need a place to keep their clothing. Provide hangers, and a closet, or at a minimum provide a mobile clothes hanging rack like the one that I provide in my Airbnbs.
Iron (& Ironing Board) for Airbnb
One of the listing options for hosts to select is an iron. I provide both an iron and an ironing board in all my Airbnbs. This is an essential that every host should have. Guest’s clothes will most likely need a little touch-up after being in a suitcase for an extended period of time.
End Tables for Airbnb
Provide end tables on either side of your couch and also nightstands in the bedrooms for the convenience of your guests so they can put their glass of water or cell phone on.
Airbnb USB Table Lamps
Guests always need places to charge their devices so make sure you supply USB table lamps in the living room and bedrooms that have USB fast charging ports built in for charging phones and other electronic devices.
Airbnb Full-Length Mirror
Full-length mirrors are super essential to your Airbnb. They serve many purposes, not just to show us what our outfit looks like on us. They brighten the spaces, multiply light, and make spaces look larger!
White Noise Machine for Airbnb
White noise machines are a great amenity to provide for your guests. If there is a lot of noise in your area that can cause disturbed sleep or you just want to offer it as an option, white noise machines are an inexpensive way to help your guests relax and have a more restful sleep.
Crib for Airbnb Guests
If you want to attract families with small children, a crib or pack-and-play and a high chair are must-have amenities for your Airbnb. Most hotels offer these as options when you check-in. They are inexpensive items that show you care about your guests.
Plush Towels for Airbnb Guests
Plush towels are a must for guests. They needed to be quick-drying and absorbent, and these towels have exceeded my expectations. I started with white towels, but have decided that light grey is more host-friendly as they show fewer small stains and don’t show tiny lint fuzz that may show up over time.
Airbnb Black Makeup Washcloths
These black makeup washcloths have been a lifesaver for my Airbnb. Before I bought these, guests were constantly staining my towels with makeup and tanning products. Now I just roll one of these up and place it on top of my towel stack. This really cut down on buying new towels constantly.
Shower Walk-Off Mat for Airbnb
Provide a shower walk-off mat in your bathroom. Guests expect that you’ll have this creature comfort. I prefer the simple terrycloth type that can be easily thrown into the washing machine with the towels.
Airbnb Shower Curtain
Many Airbnb hosts use a two-layered approach for their shower curtains. They use a clear or white plastic curtain with weights at the bottom for the inside and a fabric one for the outside. Then you can wash the fabric one and replace the plastic one every few months. Make sure your outside curtain matches your bathroom decor.
Airbnb Toilet Plunger
A toilet plunger is a must for every Airbnb listing. This essential item will cut down on guest calls to the host at 3 am in the morning.
Hairdryer for Airbnb
Most guests expect that a hairdryer will be available when they show up for their stay. Mention this essential in your listing, so guests know you will have one available for use.
Airbnb Shower Soap Dispenser
For my Airbnbs, I have decided to use 3-compartment shower soap dispensers mounted to the shower walls. There are compartments for shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner.
This has reduced the expense and waste of providing individually wrapped soap and small shampoo bottles. Guests are used to seeing these types of dispensers in hotels, and they are easy for cleaners to quickly top off.
- THIS PACK INCLUDES three (3) extra-thick PET plastic Amber bottles shower soap dispenser; three (3) wall-mount brackets with adhesive; six (6) Apothecary waterproof labels including HAND SOAP, DISH SOAP, LOTION, SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, BODY WASH; one (1) silicone funnel for your shower dispenser 3 chamber no drill shampoo dispenser wall mount.
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Designed in the U.S.A and made with ISO14001 environmental standard, the set features fortified 55g PET plastic bottles shower soap dispenser wall mounted and waterproof labels that are durable in humid environments. This shampoo holder for shower wall is the perfect addition to your home with a body wash dispenser for shower bathroom.
Toilet Paper for Airbnb Guests
Toilet paper is a basic that should be supplied in your Airbnb. Airbnb notes items that guests consider important for a comfortable stay include toilet paper, towels, linens, pillows, and hand and body soap.
Super-Fast Airbnb Wi-Fi Router
Key Lockbox or Smart Lock for Airbnb
For now, I’ve decided to just go old-school with a key lockbox. This one is simple to operate with enough room for two regular-sized keys. If I do upgrade to a smart lock, I’ll probably use this one, as I have heard great things about it.
Airbnb Smoke Detectors
The safety of your property and your rental guests is a top priority so make sure you have smoke detectors on every level of the property, in all stairwells and hallways, and inside each bedroom. Smoke detectors have an expiration date and typically require replacement every 8-10 years.
Airbnb Carbon Monoxide Detector
I forgot to mention this essential supply. A carbon monoxide detector is a critical item to have to ensure your guests are protected against the silent killer. All homes should have one, whether you have a new or old furnace, as all improperly functioning heating units can leak carbon monoxide.
Fire Extinguisher for Airbnb
Provide a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. I leave them on the countertops in my Airbnbs, but if you decide to conceal it in a cupboard, label its location on the exterior of the door. I elected for a more expensive extinguisher for added peace of mind.
First Aid Kit for Airbnb Guests
A first aid kit is an essential item for your Airbnb listing. Place it in an obvious place for easy access, and provide a label identifying the location. This essential should be clearly noted in your listing.
Outlet Protectors for Your Airbnb
As a family-friendly host, you want to ensure that you are doing all you can to make your property as safe as possible. Install outlet protectors to prevent children from sticking their fingers or other objects into electrical outlets.
Airbnb Cordless Blinds
Not only are cordless blinds safer for children and pets, but they are also easier to use, longer lasting, offer a cleaner and stylish look, and are easier to clean than traditional blinds.
Smart Television with Safety Straps for Airbnb Guests
A smart television is essentially a TV with an internet connection. Make sure your Airbnb TV is a smart TV capable of accessing streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, while also being user-friendly. This is a sure way to keep your guests happy.
To avoid accidents in your Airbnb, anchor TVs and other appliances and furniture with safety straps.
Airbnb DVD Player
DVD players are not completely obsolete yet, so you may want to include one in the house. Perhaps one Smart TV and one TV with a DVD player. It’s an inexpensive option to add to your Airbnb.
Colorful Throw Pillows for Airbnb
Colorful throw pillows can upgrade the vibe of your Airbnb. Little touches, such as throw pillows and blankets, can create a high-end feel with minimal cost.
Airbnb Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats are not only easy to use for your guests, but they can save you money on your utility bill. They allow you to have more control over the temperature in your house while keeping your guests comfortable.
Airbnb Charging Station
Include a multi-port charging station for your guests so they can charge multiple devices at the same time, including their smart watch and earbuds. This is an expensive way to make your guests happy.
Ozone Machine for Airbnb
I highly recommend an ozone machine for your Airbnb to remove strong smells. Close all windows and doors, clear out any people, pets, or plants, and air out the space for at least 30 minutes after you use it.
Airbnb Coffee Maker & Supplies
Airbnb Pots & Pans
Dish Drying Rack, Dish Soap, & Dish Towels for Airbnb
Supply your guest with a dish drying rack, dish soap, and dish towels so they can wash up after cooking, even if your Airbnb has a dishwasher.
Other Essential Kitchen Supplies for Your Airbnb
Provide the following to your guests in your Airbnb kitchen so they have the best home away from home experience:
- Knives & Other Utensils
- Spice Rack
- Purified Water Filter Pitcher
- Cooking Oil Dispenser
- Salad Spinner
- Leftover Grocery Bags/ Holder
- Plastic Sandwich Bags
- Utility Scissors
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
- Hot Pads
- Kitchen Cooking Spoons, Ladles, Whisks. Etc.
- Strainer for Noodles
- Wine Opener
- Meat Thermometer
- Pizza Cutter
- Food Storage Containers & Bags