Stocking a vacation rental can be uniquely challenging, especially if you cater to a wide variety of guests. It can be tricky to please men, women, children, vacationers, business people, and… well, you get the picture. However, providing nice and convenient amenities that enhance the experience for all your guests is an absolute must.
Go To Airbnb Bedroom Essentials >>
A commonly overlooked area is the rental’s bathroom. This is unfortunate because it’s an area where hosts really have to opportunity to shine and show guests that their needs have been anticipated and met. A big part of this is figuring out what soap and shampoo products to offer guests. I’m prepared to share my top recommendations with you today.
So What are the 11 Best Toiletries for Airbnb & Vacation Rentals?
- Our Favorite: Terra Pure Hotel Size Toiletries Set
- Puracy Natural Body Wash
- Redken All Soft Shampoo
- ECO AMENITIES Individually Wrapped 30ml Hotel Travel Shampoo
- Fig & Olive Luxury Body Wash By C’EST LA VIE
- Eco Botanics Travel-Size Hotel Shampoo
- ROOTS AROMATHERAPY Shampoo
- OPPEAL Marula Oil Hotel Massage Bar Soap
- OPPEAL Marula Oil Travel Size Shampoos
- Aveda Hand and Body Wash
- BERGMAN KELLY Round Soap Bars, Shampoo & Conditioner 3-Piece Set
Follow along for an in-depth look at each of these products and why you should definitely include them in your vacation rental!
Terra Pure Hotel Size Toiletries Set
For a full range of hotel-like amenities, check out the Terra Pure Hotel Size Toiletries Set. It comes with everything your guests could need including body lotion, body wash, a soap body bar, shampoo, and conditioner, all in compact 1-ounce containers. Green tea scented, these are perfect for creating a tranquil, spa-like environment to relax in.
- HOTEL AMENITIES: We offer luxury bulk travel size toiletries enriched with pure ingredients that are good for your skin. Each product is conveniently packaged for hotels, gyms, homeless care package supplies, vacation rentals, guest rooms, cruise ships, & more! Our bulk soap sets are Airbnb essentials!
- IN THE BOX: This 300 piece mini toiletries set has everything you need to keep your hotel guests comfortable. Your hotel kit includes 60 of each: Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion, Body Wash & Soap Bar. Naturally scented with white tea & coconut for an invigorating & refreshing scent!
Puracy Natural Body Wash
Something that makes my life much easier as an Airbnb host is using a shower dispenser like this one. It has three compartments that I like to stock with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. It’s helpful to either label the container itself or have a handy note in the bathroom or in your house manual explaining what everything is in case someone has a sensitivity.
Puracy is a fantastic environmentally friendly company, which is very important to me. Their refills are ideal for shower dispensers as they come in bags with convenient pour spouts which are great for refilling. This 64-ounce shower gel will last a long time and is super gentle and sulfate-free.
- Plant-Powered Perfection- Puracy Natural Body Wash is formulated with plant-based, renewable sources (and zero petrochemicals ). Avoid overly aggressive chemicals that can damage your skin barrier. We've created a body wash that's ideal for people with dry and sensitive skin. Leave your skin soft and deeply nourished with this incredible body gel.
- A Shower Gel for Everyone- Puracy Body Wash is formulated for even the most sensitive of skin types. Infused with coconut cleansers and natural (plant-based) fragrances, this moisturizing body wash is sulfate-free, allergen-free, and cruelty-free. Enjoy this luxurious blend of natural nutrients that calm and balance skin.
Redken All Soft Shampoo
For salon-quality shampoo that will have your guests wishing they never had to leave the shower, consider Redken’s All Soft Shampoo. Formulated with fifteen times more conditioning than other shampoos, it uses natural argan oil to prevent hair breakage and dryness. Gentle enough for even daily use, this top-notch product is handily available in a bulk gallon jug which makes it perfect for use in anAirbnb shampoo dispenser.
ECO AMENITIES Individually Wrapped 30ml Hotel Travel Shampoo
I don’t use individually wrapped toiletries in my Airbnb due to concerns about waste and the environment, but lots of hosts do as they’re very convenient and guests can keep them as a “souvenir”. If you choose to use them in your rental, one option I always see in the Airbnb forums is the ECO Amenities Travel Shampoos. At around $24 for a whopping 72 tubes, you’re certainly getting your money’s worth. The tubes are also recyclable, which is a plus.
- FLEXIBLE USE - Eco Amenities hotel bulk shampoo is perfect for use in hotels and motels, inns, airbnbs, VRBOs, vacation rentals, homes, resorts, bed & breakfasts, airlines, offices, gyms, guest rooms, etc.
- 72 PIECE VALUE PACK - Included are 72 flip cap tubes of individually packaged guest shampoo - Perfect hotel shampoo - travel size supplies for guests staying in a hotel, motel, airbnb or another hospitality location.
Fig & Olive Luxury Body Wash By C’EST LA VIE
If your style is more minimalist and you want your amenities to reflect it, the C’est La Vie Fig & Olive Luxury Body Wash is perfect. Its sleek black and white packaging looks classy and matches just about any décor, and it is even paraben and cruelty-free. Their eco-responsible packaging will appeal to your environmentally friendly guests, and the premium ingredients such as aloe vera and olive leaf extract contribute to the soap’s luxurious feel.
- ENRICHED WITH ORGANIC ALOE VERA & OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT: Our Fig & Olive Body Wash is made from premium ingredients including organic aloe vera and olive leaf extracts to hydrate and nourish skin.
- CASE OF 50 TSA-APPROVED TUBES: 22ml, 0.75fl oz tubes are perfect hotel amenities & travel toiletries and great for boutique hotels, Airbnb, vacation & short term rentals, inns, bed & breakfasts, villas, & wedding party gifts.
Check Out These Articles on Rental Recon:
- The Best Bulk Airbnb Supplies & Airbnb Bulk Toiletries for Hosts
- The Best Color for Airbnb Towels- 2023: White Vs. Color
- 3 Best Airbnb Soap & Shampoo Dispensers for Hosts 
Eco Botanics Travel-Size Hotel Shampoo
Another excellent environmentally friendly option, the Eco Botanics Travel-Sized Hotel Shampoo was specifically designed with vacation rentals in mind. The formula is enriched with natural and organic ingredients, vegetable-based, and never tested on animals. Even better, the earth-conscious packaging helps alleviate some of the downfalls of individually wrapped products.
ROOTS AROMATHERAPY Shampoo
For a slightly more luxurious option, the Roots Aromatherapy Shampoo is packaged in a way that invokes images of couture French cosmetics brands. Its eucalyptus tea fragrance appeals to both sexes, and it features no artificial coloring or animal products. It is also vegetable-based and the packaging is recyclable! It is available in both 1-ounce and 1.5-ounce containers, and you can save extra money by purchasing a larger bulk quantity.
- INCLUDES 30 ITEMS: 1.5floz/45mL Shampoo Bottles (x30)
- REFRESHING: Eucalyptus Tea fragrance (gender-neutral)
- NATURAL: No artificial coloring or animal products, vegetable-based formula, and comes in recyclable packaging
- PERFECT FOR: guest rooms, b&b properties, hotels, motels, gym, vacation, rentals, travel, and personal use (airplane friendly)
- CRUELTY-FREE: No animal testing whatsoever
OPPEAL Marula Oil Hotel Massage Bar Soap
If you’re all set in the shampoo and conditioner department and are looking to finish out your amenity offerings with a luxurious soap, consider the OPPEAL Marula Oil Hotel Massage Bar Soap. Rich with Vitamins C and E, Marula oil is naturally high in palmitic acid which helps protect and moisturize the skin for longer times than other popular oils. The soap comes in a recyclable pouch and is paraben and cruelty-free. Ideal for vacation rental hosts, this bar’s massaging bumps will help create a relaxing and luxurious experience for your guests.
- LUXURY EXPERIENCE: Rich in VC & VE, MARULA OIL contains a high proportion of palmitic acid, giving the skin extraordinary protection. Its excellent antioxidant capacity is 60% higher than argan oil, so it can prevent and slow the loss of moisture in the skin and help rebuild damaged skin.
- ✊EASY TO GRIP: Larger curving bars of soap and raised spots help you to grip them easily. Say goodbye to bending over and picking up soap again and again.
OPPEAL Marula Oil Travel Size Shampoos
Another travel-sized option is the OPPEAL Marula Oil Shampoos. They have slightly classier packaging and are a known brand amongst resort hotels and spas. Their packaging is also recyclable, which both guests and mother nature will appreciate.
- LUXURY EXPERIENCE: Rich in VC & VE, MARULA OIL contains a high proportion of palmitic acid, giving the hair extraordinary protection. Its excellent antioxidant capacity is 60% higher than argan oil, so it can support healthier hair growth and rejuvenate dry hair.
- ✨Deeply Moisturizing: This powerful moisturizer will wash away all of the excess oils and dirt from your hair to get that beautiful shiny hair. This shampoo set will leave you with no grease and no residue.
Aveda Hand and Body Lotion
A well-known salon hair products brand, Aveda makes conveniently packaged individual hand and body wash bottles as well. Your guests can enjoy the luxurious experience of a high-quality product in your rental and can even take it home with them! The scent is amazing, and the rosemary and peppermint combination leaves skin feeling cool and fresh.
Bergman Kelly Round Soap Bars, Shampoo and Conditioner 3 Piece Set
Lastly, Bergman Kelly makes an awesome three-piece set that includes a shampoo, conditioner, and bar of soap in coordinating scents and packaging. This helps create a cohesive look and feel to your guest bathroom and is perfect for the occasional forgetful guest as it includes absolutely everything they’ll need.
What are the Best Bulk Shampoos for Airbnb?
We have compiled an extensive list of bulk shampoos that are suitable for Airbnb and short-term rental properties. Check our Best Bulk Shampoos for Airbnb article here.
Which items leave the biggest impact on guests during their stay?
In my experience, it can be the littlest things that leave the biggest impressions. Complimentary items like mints, water bottles, toiletries and more can make guests feel extra welcome and remind them that you’ve been thinking of their needs. Of course, having a well-stocked rental is most important of all. My bathroom essentials article covers all these items and more in greater depth.