Last Updated on June 19, 2023 by Rental Recon
We have gone through hundreds of pillows for our rentals! Over time, we have developed a list of the best pillows for Airbnb hosts, and we’d like to share our top choices with you.
Why Does Airbnb Pillow Quality Matter?
Being an Airbnb Superhost is an important responsibility. Your guests have carefully selected your Airbnb or vacation rental as their home away from home. Whether traveling for work, a romantic getaway, an outdoorsy adventure, or a peaceful retreat, a night of restful sleep is crucial.
Buying pillows that are comfortable is a great way to ensure your guests have a restful night no matter how busy their day might have been. We’ve developed a list of some of the best Airbnb pillows for you below.
What is the Best Pillow for Airbnb and Vacation Rentals?
After trying multiple pillows over the years and receiving thousands of positive reviews, we have determined that the best pillows for Airbnb are the Beckham Hotel Collection Bed Pillows. These Airbnb pillows are very quick to dry, hypoallergenic, easy to clean, very soft, and have a medium firmness right in the sweet spot to appeal to the majority of guests.
Other alternatives that we like:
How Many Pillows Should You Provide Your Airbnb Guests?
A general rule of thumb is to provide at least two hypoallergenic pillows per guest. However, as Airbnb hosts, we want to accommodate the preferences and tastes of every Airbnb guest. We recommend having two pillows that are firm and two softer pillows on each bed works best.
We like having at least four pillows on full, queen, and king-size beds because it offers a more luxurious experience. Multiple pillows are also great for guests who want to sit propped up in bed or require neck support.
Basic Airbnb Pillow Requirements:
While there is no definitive rule as to how many pillows you need, you should plan to have a number of pillows for each bed size and an extra two pillows per room. We avoid feather pillows completely due to allergies for many guests and prefer memory foam pillows or latex pillows for Airbnb.
- Full-size beds need four comfortable pillows: one pair of firm pillows, and one pair of soft pillows.
- Queen-size beds need five pillows: one firm pair, one soft pillow pair, and an extra decorative pillow.
- King-size beds need seven pillows: those four pillows, as well as three decorative pillows.
- The decorative pillows should be two king-size pillows in the decorative pillow shams and a seventh pillow for decorative use.
Best Airbnb Pillow Tips:
- Always use washable pillow covers, preferably cotton and allergy free, on all pillows for Airbnb.
- Place each pillow in two pillowcases for extra comfort and cleanliness in your short-term rental.
- Decorative pillows are a great way to add luxury and tie the bedding into the theme of your vacation rental.
Rental Recon Tip: Most pillows come in vacuum packaging and you should plan to allow them to fluff up for a couple of days before use.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Your Airbnb Pillows
- Can be washed, dried, and retain their shape
- Easy to clean
- Long-lasting materials and design
- Maintains a cool, comfortable feel for the sleeper
- A reasonable price
- Both firm and soft pillows
Matching Pillow Firmness to Sleepers
If you are wondering how to match pillows to sleepers, we always ensure there are two firm pillows like the Beckham Down Alternative on each bed. Firm pillows are good for any type of sleeper, even stomach sleepers, and the Beckhams are the best pillows for Airbnb.
We also place one Utopia Bedding Bed Pillow and one COZSINOOR Bed Pillow on each bed in our vacation rentals for those who like a softer pillow. There are two MZOIMZO Bed Pillows in the closet of each room and one Dreamy Blue Premium Pillow for Airbnb guests who prefer memory foam pillows.
We tell our guests that they are free to find any pillow that suits them no matter where it is in the sleeping spaces. As experienced Airbnb hosts, the comfort of each Airbnb guest is our highest priority. Many people are very particular about how a sleeping pillow feels.
The Best Pillows for Airbnb Rentals: Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow
The Beckham Down Alternative gel pillows deliver superior, hotel-quality comfort with gel cooling. They are ideal for side sleepers but comfortable enough for back and stomach sleepers to get a restful sleep. Filled with a down alternative, this gel pillow has a plush bounce-back design for durability which is crucial for vacation rental pillows.
4 used from $58.47
- SUPERIOR COMFORT - Queen pillows have a 250 thread count cover filled with a soft down alternative. One of the best first apartment or new home essentials gift for bedroom, guest bed room, college dorm or house decor.
- KEEP COOL - If you easily overheat, or maybe you're looking for cool queen size pillows for night sweats, the breathability of our standard bed pillow can offer welcome relief.
- SAFE & SOUND - These fluffy bed pillows are made in an OEKO-TEX Standard Certified factory that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.
We have found that pillows with gel cooling are great for cool sleeping pillows and are a good Airbnb investment. Throwing them in the washer does a good job of getting them clean and the drying time is done by the time the cleaning is finished.
Features of the Beckham Hotel Collection Pillow:
- 250-thread count cover for soft sleeping comfort
- The gel cooling keeps you cool and sweat-free at night
- Easy-to-clean pillows can be washed and dried
- Soft, yet firm enough to support your head well
- The pillow retains its shape for months
- Fast dry time
Other Good Pillow Alternatives for Airbnb Hosts
Although the Beckham collection remains our top pick as the best pillows for Airbnb, these are some great alternatives for your vacation rentals. These are good quality and can offer different levels of firmness if you want to provide several different pillows in your Airbnb vacation rental.
Cozsinoor Cozy Dream Hotel Quality Pillows
The COZSINOOR Bed Pillow holds its shape and doesn’t flatten easily. The plush fiber shell gives these best budget pillows a smooth and soft surface, the perfect balance between softness and support.
2 used from $47.99
- Perfect Balance Between Soft & Support – The gel down-alternative pillows for sleeping is filled with super plush hollow fiber which made with a great balance of supple softness and plump firmness. The stitching band design ensures the bed pillow hold its shape and don't go flatten. The plush fiber shell provides a smooth finish and soft feeling, making you feel like sleeping on a cloud, waking up with no more neck pain and headaches.
The affordable price point means you can replace these pillows after several months if needed without breaking the bank, making buying pillows a breeze.
Pros of the COZSINOOR Bed Budget Pillow:
- No-shift construction keeps the pillow from going flat
- Pillows filled with a super-plush soft fiber
- Machine wash and tumble dry on low
- Affordable price
Cons of the COZSINOOR Bed Pillow:
- After the first washing, the pillows became lumpy along the edges
Pozino Luxury Hotel Collection Gel Pillow
The Pozino Luxury Hotel Pillows for Sleeping are crafted of a high-quality microfiber material that makes them some of the best pillows to keep every Airbnb guest cool and comfortable. They offer ample support for your neck and head with the right amount of plumpness and softness. Our guests have loved these hypoallergenic pillows which is great news for Airbnb hosts because the cost is so reasonable.
- [ LUXURY FABRICS ] - The skin-friendly soft cover is made， Microfiber fabric material, Nice sleeping pillow in your life. It is highly recommended as a best gift for your parents, family and friends, I’m sure you can get enthusiasm feedback.
- [ MATERIAL OF FILLING ] - Pillow core made of down-like microfibre , This pillow No Odor peculiar smell and No irritation, The perfect balance between fluffy and support to provide the which makes the pillows supportive and cozy.It is vacuum-compressed and fully fluffy after 48-72 hours。
Pozino offers an exchange for another pillow or a full refund if you are not satisfied with their pillows. This comes in handy if you get them and they are not what you expected.
Pros of the Pozino Bed Pillows:
- Affordable price
- Great reviews
- 100% microfiber and hypoallergenic
Cons of the Pozino Bed Pillows:
- Smaller than a standard-size pillow
Utopia Bedding Bed Pillows
We have found the Utopia Bedding Bed Pillows to be long-lasting and able to retain their shape and comfort for a long time. The price is reasonable and our guests seem to like them. They have a no-shift construction that keeps them from going flat over time.
1 used from $19.49
- POLYCOTTON STRIPED PILLOWS- Enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep with this pack of 2 plush fiber fill bed pillows .
- PROVIDE EXCELLENT SUPPORT - Filled with super plush hollow fiber these pillows are incredibly soft and fluffy and conform to the natural curves of your body, providing adequate support to your head, neck and shoulders
- SOFT AND BREATHABLE COVER - Our pillows are encased in a premium quality cotton blend cover to further enhance their luxurious look and feel.
We know these are some of the best pillows for Airbnb because we have had several of our Airbnb guests inquire as to where we got them so that they could buy them for their own homes.
Pros of the Utopia Bedding Bed Pillows:
- Covered in premium cotton to ensure cool comfort
- Soft and fluffy to allow your head to fit comfortably on the pillow
- Great pillow for a reasonable price
Cons of the Utopia Bedding Bed Pillows:
- Spot clean when possible
- Only dry on low heat
MZOIMZO Bed Pillows
These MZOIMZO Bed Pillows are soft and fluffy but very easy to clean. Since the Airbnb pillows get a lot of use, we must clean them periodically to ensure they are sanitary. They are filled with a down alternative for a plush feel and hold their shape well.
- BREATHABLE COVER: The pillows' shell is made of breathable and skin-friendly microfiber fabric, provides a smooth and soft surface; Piping along the edge creates a neatly tailored look
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Down alternative fill for a comfortable plush feel, a great option for allergy sufferers. You'll fall asleep fast and wake up feeling fully recharged and ready to take on the day
- Fluffy & Supportive: These set of 2 bed queen pillows are made with a great balance of supple softness and plump firmness, help to reduce neck pain and alleviate shoulder stiffness
The stains come out easily with some spot treatment spray and then washing in the machine with a good detergent. This combination gets out all but really stubborn stains so if the pillow has stains that remain after the spot treatment and wash, we replace them.
Pros of MZOIMZO Bed Pillows:
- Can be cleaned in the washer and tumble dry low
- Ergonomic to reduce neck and back pain
- Plush, bounce-back design
Cons of MZOIMZO Bed Pillows:
- Not firm enough for stomach sleepers
DreamyBlue Premium Pillow
The Dreamy Blue Premium Pillow is a little pricier than most Airbnb pillows, but guests love the shredded memory foam filling. They have a good balance between firm support and soft comfort and the fillings are removable to make them the right thickness.
- STOP! THE TOSSING AND TURNING IS OVER! LOOK NO FURTHER FOR THE MOST INNOVATIVE, ADJUSTABLE PILLOW ON THE MARKET! Twisting and Turning? Snoring? Waking up with a stiff neck? You’ve found your salvation at last….You’ve discovered the latest rage in the pillow industry! Meet the all new shredded memory foam fill pillow! Tailor made for you, this pillow is the very last pillow you will ever buy!
- REVOLUTIONARY INNOVATION = OUR UNIQUE PROPRIETARY SHREDDED MEMORY FOAM BLEND! We know, you’ve tried it all! Down, Feather, and even Memory Foam pillows, to no avail! At long last, meet the NEW star called Shredded Memory Foam! You just struck that perfect balance between SOFT BLISS and FIRM SUPPORT! Our unique Shredded Memory foam is the Revolutionary Hybrid designed to give you the luscious feel of Down AND the firm support of memory foam!
The customizable and easy-to-clean nature of these pillows make them some of the best pillows for a vacation rental and are our top memory foam pillow recommendation.
Pros of the DreamyBlue Premium Pillow:
- Provides just the right amount of neck support
- Has a lifetime warranty
- Memory foam
- Can adjust the filling to your preference
- Has a removable outer cover you can wash separately from the pillow
What are the Best Pillowcases for Airbnb or Vacation Rental?
Bedsure Cooling Bamboo Pillowcases are our top choice. These pillowcases are made with 100% viscose from bamboo. They are breathable and also employ moisture wicking which will help to keep your guests sweat-free as they sleep. These pillowcases come in gray, blue, and white.
- Cool & Breathable: Made of rayon derived from bamboo, this temperature-regulating pillowcase set is cooler to the touch and more moisture-wicking than cotton. Ideal for hot sleepers and those looking for a cozy, dry night's sleep without overheating.
- Silk Soft: The premium fabric is silky and light, with a twill weave for extra softness and smoothness.This soft pillowcase set lessens tension on your hair and skin. Enjoy a gentle sleep experience that reduces wrinkles and hair loss for a truly rejuvenating night's rest.
- Pillowcases for creating a comfortable sleeping space and cozy bedroom environment
- Includes (2) 20 x 30 inch Standard size pillowcases,pillows are not included
- Polyester microfiber offers strength and exceptional softness
- Easy to care for: machine wash warm, no bleach, tumble dry low
- Made in an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards
Now that you have the best pillows for Airbnb, are you interested in protecting your Airbnb pillows? Check out our article on the Best Pillow Protectors for Airbnb…>>
Final Thoughts on the Best Airbnb Pillows
Ultimately, whether buying decorative pillows or sleeping pillows, how you equip the beds in your Airbnb or vacation rental is an important factor in the comfort of your guests.
We recommend providing at least two pillows per guest, including a mixture of soft pillows and firm pillows, and choosing options that are highly rated and easy to clean. Our guests love the Beckham pillow collection and we know yours will too!