So these are the best sheets for Airbnb based on our experience at our rental properties. It’s a shortlist for a reason. There are a lot of low-quality sheets out there. We’ve got quite a few positive reviews on these sheets due to their comfort factor. They are all quite durable, have good wrinkle resistance and stains are removed quite easily. Take a look:
So What are the Best Sheets for Airbnb?
- Our Top Pick: Threadmill Wrinkle-Resistant Sheets
- Runner Up: Bamboo Hotel Quality Bed Sheets
- Best Organic Option: Organic Cotton Sheets
- Our Favorite Microfiber Sheet: Sonoro Kate Bed Sheets
- Notable Mention: DAPU Pure Linen Sheets
We’ll go into more detail below regarding why these are the best sheets for Airbnb. Please note that not every bed sheet listed is the right choice for your listing – take time to assess your guest’s needs before purchasing your Airbnb sheets.
Our Top Pick- Threadmill Sheets: The Best Wrinkle-Resistant Sheets for Airbnb and the Best Cotton Sheets for Airbnb
These Sheets are what we use in our rentals. At a 600-thread count, they wear well and last a very long time. They have a deep pocket for thicker mattresses but also work well with thinner varieties They come in both solid and striped versions with a sateen finish.
Threadmill’s wrinkle resistance was excellent and the sheets didn’t require ironing if pulled right out of the dryer and put directly on the bed. Definitely the best cotton sheets for Airbnb on the market.
We are really impresssed witth these sheets. Based on our experience, we rated the sheets using the following criteria: Quality, Overall Comfort, Durability and Wrinkle Resistance. Here are the results:
- High Quality
- Soft and Comfortable
- Wrinkle Resistant
- Deep Pocket for Mattress
- Some Noted Not Quite as Soft as Advertised
- CERTIFIED 100% ORGANIC COTTON SHEETS: Say no to harmful fabrics anymore and enjoy a peaceful and healthier sleep. Our organic cotton sheets are certified by Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS) - world's top standard for textile processing. Our sheets are harmless and are gentle on all skin types. They are extremely soft and breathable which makes them safe for kids, toddlers and pets as well. Unlike other sellers, we display our certification on our products and are completely authentic.
Sheet Color Options
If we do need to match them, they are an industry standard and can be easily found and matched. We like the blue sheets but, with white sheets, you don’t need to worry about fading. These sheets can be too warm in southern climates.
If you have thicker mattresses like we do, the Threadmill sheets are a good option due to their max pocket depth of 16″.
We like that the Threadmill uses 100% wind and solar power to produce it’s sheets. They are also completely free of harmful chemicals.
Take a look at the reviews for the Threadmill sheets HERE.
Superhost Tip: We like to keep at least two sheet sets available for each bed so that the cleaner can quickly make the bed while the dirty sheets are being washed and dried. Then the laundered set is ready for the cleaner after the following guest.
Runner Up: Hotel Sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Bed Sheets
These 100% Bamboo Sheets are an excellent alternative to cotton. These sheets for Airbnb are a 1,600 thread count and are made from rayon derived completely from bamboo – a renewable resource.
1 used from $35.91
- Bamboo Sheets - Our king sheet sets are made from 100% viscose of bamboo, with 144 grams per square meter (GSM) of fibers for a super soft feel that you won't want to get up from.
- Safe - Rest easy knowing your sheet set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified to be free of harmful substances and materials.
- Complete Set: This King bamboo sheets set comes with 2 pillow cases a flat sheet, and a fitted sheet for your comfort.
They’re also hypoallergenic making them a top choice for those with allergies. They also stay cool, which is needed if you have a foam mattress in your Airbnb.
Tear and Fade-Resistant
We like that these sheets have extra tear and fade-resistant qualities due to the use of bamboo. When used in our rentals, we found that the sheets held up well to multiple washes and did retain most of their color. We also didn’t see much pilling as the sheets got older.
Take a look at the reviews for the Hotel Sheets Direct HERE.
Best Luxury Option: Organic Cotton Sheets for Airbnb
Another great option is organic cotton sheets. They are on the expensive side, but Airbnb hosts could use this as an extra-luxurious amenity that they offer in their Airbnb, and promoted in their listing. These sheets offer GOTS Certified 100% organic cotton from India. They are lustrous on one side and slightly matte on the other. These are really durable and high-quality!
- FABDREAMS REAL LUXURY v/s OTHERS: There is just no comparison. Stepping into YOUR bedroom turns into sheer indulgence with FABDREAMS 100% Organic Bedding Set. This sheet set is carefully crafted from 100% pure GOTS certified Long Staple Organic Cotton and is loomed with utmost care in our fair-trade mills to preserve the organic nature of the product. Luxurious SATEEN WEAVE gives the sheets a Buttery, Shiny & Super Soft texture from day one. A boon indeed for Silky Sheet Afficionado!
Best Microfiber Sheet for Airbnb: Sonoro Kate Bed Sheet Set- 1800 Thread Count Luxury Egyptian Cotton
These 1800 thread count sheets are the best microfiber sheets for Airbnb hosts. They are super-soft, hypoallergenic, fade-resistant, stain-resistant, and wrinkle-resistant.
The sheets are cool to sleep on and don’t lose their softness after multiple washing/drying cycles. The fitted sheet is deep and will wrap around most mattresses without needing clips.
- : Say goodbye to wrinkles, and tedious tasks like ironing, and hello to cozy, soft, and comfortable bedding!
- Luxury 4pc Bed Sheets Set - 1 flat sheet 105"x102", 1 fitted sheet 78"x80"x16",2 pillowcases 20"x40".Deep pockets that fit mattresses up to 16" deep with elastic around the fitted sheet. These sheets grip and fit better than any other sheet set! Bed sheet set is designed to fit nearly all mattresses with a depth that does not exceed 16". With added stretch and durable elastic the fitted sheet is designed to stay snug and fitted to your mattress.
The microfiber sheets are also delivered in high-end luxurious packaging. Some reviewers did say that the sheets were a little thinner than they expected, but they were great for our purposes. These definitely make the list of best Airbnb bedsheets!
Check out our in-depth review of Sonoro Kate Sheets here…
Take a look at the reviews for the Sonoro Kate sheets HERE.
DAPU Pure Linen Sheets Set
DAPU carries a reasonably priced linen sheet set. Linen is made from flax and has a rougher texture than cotton sheets, but many people absolutely love them.
1 used from $119.04
- 100% French Natural Linen—DAPU pure linen sheets set is made exclusively from high quality French grown flax from Normandy, naturally grown and processed without chemicals or additives, harvested in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Stone washed for glossiness, fine durability as well as soft hand feeling. Manufactured with an OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification which means no harmful chemicals were used and eco-friendly to the environment.
These sheets have OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certification and are hypoallergenic. The weave is wider and therefore the sheets breathe more while still insulating the body.
They tend to wrinkle and should be washed several times before use. The more they’re washed, the softer they’ll feel.
Take a look at the reviews for the DAPU Pure sheets HERE.
What Does Thread Count Mean for Airbnb Guests?
Higher thread count is important to Airbnb guests, so much so that we advertise our sheet quality in our description of our rental. We find that a higher count is the ultimate way to ensure that our sheets are of the highest quality. Here are a few facts:
- Thread count is the number of threads interwoven in a square inch.
- It’s generally a good idea to buy sheets that are over 200, but the quality of the material matters just as much. Make sure you feel the sheet before you buy it.
- Larger counts are achieved by twisting two threads together. Sometimes this is called a two-ply. Often this is done to give the sheets a dense, satiny feel. Twisting good quality thread also helps the sheet hold up to wear and tear better as the fibers are better protected.
- Cheaper sheets are more likely to pill in the dryer. Pilled sheets are an announcement to your guest that you don’t know how to purchase good sheets or you don’t care enough about their comfort to do so.
- Lower quality sheets quickly wear out and require more repair. I’ve learned over time that cheap sheets tend to rip or tear at the seams.
- Mentioning the quality of your sheets in your listing can also encourage tentative or first-time visitors to view your rental as a comfortable place to stay.
How Do You Wash and Maintain Airbnb Sheets?
This question depends quite a bit on the type of fabric used. We’ll be answering it based on your average cotton sheet. Dyes and other factors may affect the washability of your sheets so please use the manufacturer’s directions if they conflict with mine. Below are general instructions:
- Most sheets should be washed in hot water and dried on low heat.
- You can extend the life of your sheets if you line-dry them. If you have room and it doesn’t block your rental’s view, dry sheets on a clothesline. I find that the wind often shakes out the wrinkles.
- Use a mild, scent-free detergent to protect your guests with allergies. There is nothing worse than expecting a good night’s sleep and waking up itchy or with a rash. Learn from my experience…the bedding I thought was beautifully scented sent one guest packing!
- Learn how to treat stains. Airbnb stains on sheets can be difficult to manage. I use this handy stain removal chart published by Martha Stewart. Guests sometimes bring things into bed that you wish they wouldn’t, such as food, drinks, and dogs! Be prepared to deal with messes.
- Make sure you have a minimum of two sheet sets per bed. This ensures you can switch out sheets if they’re damaged or dirty and helps in quickly changing your guest beds between guests without waiting for the laundry to finish.
- Organize your linen closet or storage space. I like to fold all my sheets and pillowcases around each other like a taco and place them in the bottom drawer of the dresser in the rental, but other people prefer a linen closet or to even hang sheet sets on wide hangers in the closet to keep them crease-free. Whatever you do, keep your sheets neat, clean, and out of the way.
How Do You Choose the Best Sheet Style for an Airbnb Rental?
Décor can be very important for your Airbnb rental. Some Airbnb’s that I’ve personally stayed in had themes or were designed around the activities offered in the community. Depending on the purpose of your Airbnb, your sheet choice may add to your décor or seem out of step with the rest of the rental. Here are a few questions that may help you determine the style of sheet or material it should be made out of:
- Is your Airbnb in a city or country setting? Country roads are muddy and dirt can be tracked in and end up on your sheets. You’ll want to avoid silk or satin sheets as they can snag and take special care. Linen sheets are the most durable and would stand up to damage from sand or dirt. If your rental is in the city, consider a high-luxury sheet in modern colors and prints. Geometric patterns create interest and can accent a midcentury décor.
- Do you rent to guests in town for sporting events? See if you can find sheets with the local team’s logo printed on it. This could be a fun touch for a die-hard fan.
- Do you have a special feature on your property that you’d like to reflect? If you’re renting a room in a Victorian house surrounded by flower beds, floral sheets with lace-edged pillowcases would be an excellent choice or you could choose sheets with embroidered edges.
- Are you near a body of water? A nautical-themed room could be easily achieved by using solid red, white and blue sheets on all the beds or choosing navy striped sheets.
- Whatever your décor is, try to accentuate it with your sheet selection. If you’re unsure, you think your décor may change, or you just want a clean and elegant look – you can always choose hotel-style white sheets.
Keep in mind that whatever you choose, be sure the sheets are of the best quality that you can afford. Clean, crisp, luxurious sheets can make a normal bed feel like a spa-like vacation to your guests. The more tired they are on arrival, the more they’ll appreciate the attention you give their sleeping arrangements.
Bottom line…. Don’t. Just go buy a new set of sheets. It’s not worth your time and effort. Guests should have sheets that look brand new without stains, tears, rips, etc. Especially when they are paying top dollar to stay at your Airbnb.
Have a couple of back-up sets of sheets in case you need a quick turnaround between guests.
Use mattress clips to keep your sheets in place. These come in handy on your own sheets, as well.