**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
A good set of bedding can make or break a guests’ experience at your Airbnb or vacation rental and can be the very thing to take you to Superhost level. Every guest wants, and needs, a comfortable night’s sleep. Since guests are opting to stay in your comfortable home over an impersonal hotel room, you want to optimize the bed space as much as possible. It is, after all, the focal point of most vacation rentals.
So What Makes for the Best Vacation Rental Bedding?
You should be using high-quality bed sheets, comfy and colorful blankets, bedbug-proof mattress protectors, high-quality mattresses, and hypoallergenic pillows (with bedbug pillow protectors).
Let’s look at the best products for each of these categories.
The Vacation Rental Best Sheets
There are a variety of sheets you could choose to add to your Airbnb. From cotton to bamboo, there are options for every home. Be aware that each Airbnb is different, so you will need to determine which of these sheets is right for your situation.
- Bamboo Sheets: Hotel sheets Direct 100% Bamboo Sheets are the top option for bamboo sheets. Bamboo sheets are a great alternative to cotton and because of its 1,600-thread count, offer a luxurious feel. Since they are made from rayon derived from bamboo, they are hypoallergenic, so they can easily accommodate guests with allergies.
- 100% Cotton Sheets: The Threadmill Home Linen 100% Cotton Sheets are sheets that I use frequently in my Airbnb home. A 500 thread count, subtle striped design, and a sateen finish make them comfortable and sleek. While these sheets are the top of their kind, I would not advise using them in warmer climates because the fabric can be heavy/warm.
- Organic Cotton: Moonstone Organic Cotton Sheets are a classic choice. They are 1,000 thread count and are offered in solid colors. They have a crisp feel but be advised, these also can get heavy/warm, so if you are in warmer climates, I would not recommend them.
- Percale: These sheets by Poppy and Fritz are on the lower end of thread count (they sit right at 200) but have a great design. They are perfect for Airbnb/vacation rentals near the beach.
- Linen Sheets: European Made Pure by Lin Linum is my top choice for linen sheets. This brand of linen sheets is organic and hypoallergenic. Due to its wide weaving, they are breathable and insulate well.
The Best Blankets
Blankets are an added, yet cozy, addition to your Airbnb rental that is worth the investment. My top five choices are:
- The Linenspa Reversible Quilted Duvet is a great landing point for your Airbnb bedroom. They give the appearance of a welcoming and comfortable bed. This duvet is stylish, durable, and easy to maintain and wash.
- The Bedsure Sherpa Microfiber Fleece Blanket is a great décor piece but also doubles as the perfect blanket to keep guests warm. It is anti-static, anti-pill, and anti-dryer explosion, so you can be sure it will last you for years to come.
- The Dill Buffalo Check Throw is my top option for lightweight blankets and works best as an accent piece. Even though it is 100% cotton, it can still be a great investment if your Airbnb home is in a warmer climate.
- Utopia Bedding Fleece Blanket is the best option for standard blankets. It is not too warm and not too light, and it is breathable.
- YNM Weighted Blanket is my top choice for a weighted blanket. While it is pricey, it is high end and adds maximum comfort to your Airbnb home. It comes with a 3-year warranty, so you can be sure this is a worthwhile investment.
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- The 3 Best Pillowcases for Airbnb & Vacation Rentals
- The 7 Best Duvet Covers for Airbnb and Vacation Rentals
- The 7 Best Bedding Sets for Airbnb: Luxurious Options for Your Vacation Rental
The Best Mattress Protectors for Vacation Rentals
Mattress covers are essential to maintaining the highest level of cleanliness in your Airbnb rental. Mattress covers extended the lifespan of your mattress, prevent against stains and spills, and protect against bed bugs and dust mites. I have narrowed down the 3 best ones on the market.
- The SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector is a mattress cover made of terry cloth and cotton, making it breathable easy to wash. You can wash it as if it were any other type of bedding but be sure to wash it at least quarterly. It has a double layer that is a waterproof membrane and does not contain any harmful chemicals or dyes. It has a 10-year warranty, so you can feel comfortable with this purchase as it will be a worthwhile investment.
- Utopia Bedding Zippered Mattress Encasement is a great waterproof option. One of my favorite things about this mattress protector is that it fully encompasses the mattress by slipping around the side, rather than the normal style that sits like a fitted sheet. It is styled so that it looks and feels like a normal cotton sheet. It even has a zipper guard to lessen the chance of dust mites and bed bugs entering the hole in the zipper.
- The Linenspa Zippered Mattress Encasement also zips fully around the mattress and is anti-slip. It is thin and lightweight, but still waterproof with a soft-top cover. In many of the reviews, customers have raved about its waterproof promise, stating that it lives up to its promise. The material is not as nice as the other two, but is a great, well-rounded option.
The Best Mattresses
In my time as an Airbnb host, I have learned that having a good mattress will make a huge difference and will take you from host to super host. A good mattress will provide guests with perhaps the most important experience in their time in your home – a good night’s sleep. I have found that memory foam mattresses are the best option. They are easy on guests with joint pain, yet still comfortable. They are the best option to accommodate all guests. All mattresses on this list are under $375, so they are super affordable.
- The Ashley Furniture Chime Express Mattress will fully inflate to 12 inches in just 72 hours. It is hypoallergenic and will aid in allergy and dust mite protection. Its stretch-knit mattress cover keeps the foam from getting damaged and is easy to clean.
- The Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Mattress has a layer of memory foam infused with gel, making it one of the more comfortable on this list. The gel also makes for a breathable mattress that cools you as you sleep. It is hypoallergenic and does not trap dust mites, pollen, or allergens.
- The Zinus Foam Green Tea Mattress is infused with green tea extract to keep your mattress fresh and clean. It only takes 24-48 hours to fully inflate, but often it inflates faster. This mattress is breathable and allows for airflow, keeping you cool as you sleep. See images below:
Pillow protectors operate similar to a mattress cover/protector, but you will need to change them out more frequently. Pillow protectors increase the lifespan of your pillows, so they will save you money in the long run.
- The SureGuard Pillow Protectors are 100% waterproof and bedbug proof. The Invisi-Zip technology closes all gaps in zipping so that no unwanted pests or allergens can come in. They are also hypoallergenic and great for down feather pillow as they had a layer of protection and firmness. They are made of 100% cotton terry cloth, which keep out moisture. This is a great and versatile option.
- The AmazonBasics Hypoallergenic Protector Pillowcase is simple, yet effective. Made of 100% imported cotton, it is hypoallergenic and protects well against dust mites and bed bugs. The strong woven fabric makes for a breathable cover that help cools you as you sleep. This fabric is also comfortable and a guest favorite. It is fully zipped, so you can be assured it has the highest level of protection.
- The Hospitology Sleep Defense System Zipped Pillow Encasement is a great “bang for your buck.” Each pack comes with 2 pillow protectors that are available in a variety of sizes. It is waterproof and blocks out allergens, which is great to protect against breathing problems, making for a great night’s sleep. They are machine washable and have a 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, so you can be sure they are easy to maintain and will last you a while.
No guest wants to stay in a dingey and unkempt bedroom. With these products, you can be sure that your bed for your vacation rental will be well kept, clean, and comfortable. These bedding items are exactly what you need to create a great experience for your guests.