Last Updated on June 19, 2023 by Rental Recon
As an Airbnb host, furnishing your rental properties can be difficult, especially when choosing a bed frame. The best bed frames for Airbnb all have similar features. We cover all of these below and give you a great list of bed frames that meets these criteria.
Here are the Best Bed Frames for an Airbnb:
- Zinus Metal and Wood Platform Bed Frame
- HomeLife Tall Platform Bed Frame
- Novogratz Bushwick Metal Bed Frame
- Zinus Upholstered Platform Bed Frame
- DG Casa Mid Century Modern Platform Bed Frame
- Zinus Faux Leather Upholstered Platform Bed Frame
- Victorian Vintage Style Platform Metal Bed Frame
The Importance of a Bed Frame for Your Airbnb
When guests stay at your property, you are never sure how much time they are actually going to spend in your Airbnb versus exploring the surrounding area. However, one amenity that you can be 100% positive they are going to use is the bed.
Nothing is quite as important as a good night’s sleep and a high-quality bed frame can make or break a guest’s experience, your ratings, and potential repeat renters.
What Are the Most Popular Types of Airbnb Bed Frames?
As Airbnb Superhosts, we have pulled together our top picks from years of experience. There are many different options when it comes to the type of bedframe.
Some things you’ll want to consider when choosing the best frame for your Airbnb includes: material, ease of cleaning, design, height, ease of assembly, durability, price, and size.
Platform Bed Frames
Platform bed frames are an attractive option and have three significant advantages.
First, they eliminate the need to clean underneath the bed. Whereas other options will require a cleaner to sweep and vacuum underneath to collect dust, hair, and dirt, a platform frame blocks messes from forming.
Second, many platform beds include storage drawers which is a great way to store extra blankets, sheets, and pillows.
Third, guests will appreciate platform frames because it massively reduces the possibility that forgotten or lost items will be left behind after rolling under the bed. Under the bed is one of the most popular places where rental guests leave items…a platform bed frame prevents this from happening entirely.
Metal Bed Frames
Metal bedframes are practical and sleek. These also tend to be easier to clean and maintain than wood or upholstered options. They offer some protection against bed bugs as there is typically no applied material and foam.
However, metal frames can be subject to dents or rust if not maintained properly. Metal bedframes are usually pretty easy to assemble and can add a simple yet classic element to any bedroom.
Upholstered Bed Frames
Upholstered bed frames can add a very cozy feel to a bedroom and come in a wider variety of patterns and colors.
Additionally, more active or careless guests are less likely to injure themselves on a soft headboard than one made from metal or wood. This might be an especially good option for children’s beds.
However, upholstered frames might not be as durable as wood or metal. Fabric and leather are more likely to stain or tear than the harder options. Additionally, upholstered frames usually require more time and effort to assemble.
What to Look for in a Bed Frame for Your Vacation Rental
There are a number of factors to consider when selecting furniture for your vacation rental. Ultimately, you’ll need to find the right balance between value, quality, and aesthetics.
Ease of Cleaning
One of the most important ways to make guests comfortable is by providing them with a clean and safe environment during their stay.
In particular, keeping the bed as clean as possible is key. Some bed frames are easier to clean than others depending on the material it’s made with and it’s height off of the ground.
Fabric or upholstered bedframes will attract more spills, smells, and lint than wooden or metal bedframes. Metal and wood bedframes are easier to wipe off, but might be more likely to attract dust.
If your bedframe goes all the way to the ground, you might be able to avoid collecting dust underneath the bed. A high bedframe will make it easier for cleaners to access underneath to clean than a lower or medium-height frame might.
Carefully curating the look of your rental can ensure your guests can truly escape while on vacation. Matching the bedroom décor to the rest of the residence can make that immersion truly complete.
Whether an elaborate four-poster or sleek modern frame, choosing the right bed frame can set the perfect tone for the bedroom while also providing a unique stay for guests.
A tall bedframe can create the sensation of high-end luxury and are easier to clean under, but might not be the best choice for children’s rooms.
Depending on the amount of storage space you have, a high bedframe can provide space for boxes or other kinds of storage, freeing up space in the rest of the home.
Additionally, if you want to ensure that your rental property is accessible to guests with disabilities or mobility challenges, you might consider bed frames that are closer to the ground and easier to get into.
Most beds these days don’t use box springs anymore because bed frames typically include built-in platforms or slats to help support the mattress.
This is an improvement as box springs require more frequent replacing and suffer significant wear and tear over long periods of use.
Therefore, in the interest of efficiency and cost-effectiveness, be sure to choose a bed frame that eliminates the need for unnecessary and expensive box springs.
Ease of assembly is an important factor to consider when choosing a bedframe and determining the actual value.
Especially in multi-level homes with stairs, you’ll want to choose furniture that is easy to set up and break down in case you are ever interested in rearranging the furniture. Moreover, your time is valuable and you’ll want to consider the time and effort you’ll need to invest in the piece.
Durability and Construction
Rental furniture suffers more wear and tear than regular furniture, making it crucial to buy for both durability and quality of construction.
Choosing a bed frame that can withstand some of the rougher treatment by endless guests will be a better value for you than one you need to replace or repair.
Moreover, a bed frame that has a well-designed, well-constructed appearance will impress guests more than flimsier options.
When choosing furniture for your rental, especially large pieces like bed frames, you will definitely want to find a balance between quality and cost.
The bed frame you choose ought to be well-designed and high-enough quality to be durable but affordable enough that it won’t break the bank if you need to replace it.
Luckily, we’ve pulled together some of our favorite options that are attractive, affordable, and high enough quality to withstand the typical rental wear and tear.
Of course, everyone loves indulging in the spacious comfort of a king bed, but this is less enjoyable when the bed takes up the majority of the space in the bedroom. You’ll want to be sure to choose a bed frame that suits the room it’s going to be housed in.
A tall, large bed in a room with low ceilings or limited floor space, can actually make the room feel small and claustrophobic. On the other hand, a tiny bed in a cavernous room can be off-putting and prohibitive.
From both a design and utility standpoint, choosing an appropriately sized bedframe is an important task.
Our Top Pick: Zinus Suzanne Metal and Wood Platform Bed Frame
I rated the Zinus Suzanne bedframe using several criteria like sturdiness, quality, noisiness, ease of assembly, value, and storage space. Here are my results:
I recently purchased the Zinus Metal and Wood Platform Bed Frame to replace an old worn-out bedframe in one of my rental spaces. I needed a simple and neutral-colored bed to match the room’s décor, and this bed frame was perfect.
1 used from $167.40
- FINEST QUALITY MATERIALS AND CRAFTSMANSHIP - Made with closely spaced wooden slats, genuine bamboo with a gorgeous finish, and bold, durable steel, the Suzanne Platform Bed is in a class all its own
- BUILT TO LAST – Sustainable bamboo headboard and footboard are naturally durable and a strong steel frame features extra support legs to ensure ultimate stability; twin size can support up to 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
This bed frame is made of solid pine and durable steel. The natural wood grain is beautiful. I love that it comes in a variety of options to fit your needs. You can purchase this bed in a twin, full, queen, or king size. It also has the option of either a 37-inch or a 44-inch headboard. You can choose from two finishes, chestnut brown or grey wash, and you can even choose between a footboard or a shelf with USB ports.
When furnishing an Airbnb rental, durable furniture is crucial because it must withstand more wear and tear than the furniture in your own house. I really like that this bed frame has solid components that feel very sturdy and resilient.
It is also essential to make sure you furnish your Airbnb with durable quality mattresses. Check out our article reviewing the three best mattresses for an Airbnb rental.
Top features of the Zinus Metal and Wood Platform bed frame:
- Closely spaced wooden slats that are fastened to the frame not only make this bed frame box spring free but also reduce noise
- Extremely simple assembly
- A 5-year limited warranty
This Zinus model is competitively priced, and I really feel like I am getting great value for the money with this piece of furniture.
Our Runner Up: HomeLife Premiere Classics Tall Platform Bed with Cloth Headboard
I furnished one of the bedrooms in my Airbnb with the HomeLife Premiere Classics bed frame. The black tufted headboard with silver stud work is the perfect accent piece to finish off any bedroom. I was pleasantly surprised that this headboard was truly black and not faded or dull.
- Black platform bed frame
- Product Dimensions :89.0 x 69.0 x 51.0 inches
- Durable wooden slat design/mattress support.Dimensions: 89" L x 69" W x 51" H | Headboard height: 48"
- Silver button accents
- Easy to assemble
- No box spring required
This bed comes in a full, queen, or king-size, and the headboard height is 48 inches. This bed is very sturdy, and it was easy to assemble. Additionally, the wooden slats on the frame allow you to use this bed frame without a box spring.
Top features of the HomeLife Premiere Classics bed frame:
- Elegant design
- Very sturdy
- Doesn’t wobble
- Looks better in person than online
- 5-year manufacturer warranty included
Ultimately, the HomeLife Premiere Classics bed frame gives you great value for your money at a very competitive price. It is a quality piece of furniture, and I have received many compliments from my Airbnb guests.
The Most Versatile: Novogratz Bushwick Metal Bed
The Novogratz Bushwick metal bed is a stylish bed that I have in one of my Airbnb rentals. Depending on the color you choose, this can give a room a vintage farmhouse look or a fun modern look. It comes in black, grey, white, brown, and a fun light blue, which I chose.
5 used from $147.73
- Industrial modern design. Headboard and footboard feature decorative round finial posts
- Sturdy metal frame construction with metal side rails for guaranteed stability and durability
- Center metal rail and legs for added support. Includes metal slats to provide support and comfort
- 2 base height options for convenience: 6" or 11" clearance
- Available in Full, Queen and King in multiple colors
- King bed dimensions: 82.5"L x 78"W x 42"H
I love the versatile options this bed provides. You can order it in a regular bed in either twin, full, king, or queen size, but it can also be ordered as a day bed with a trundle or a bunk bed. You can essentially furnish every bedroom in your Airbnb with this style bed.
Top Features for Novogratz Bushwick Metal Bed:
- Decorative headboard and footboard
- Metal center rail, legs, and slats for support
- No need for a box spring
- Available in two height options: 6-inch or 11-inch
This bed was simple to put together and is very sturdy. When I lay on it, there is no squeaking, shifting, or wobbling. It looks more expensive in person, and I am very happy with the quality of the bed frame, especially at its competitive price point.
The Best Budget Option: Zinus Upholstered Platform Bed Frame
Zinus is a brand that I have trusted to use in my Airbnb rentals in the past, so when I was looking for a new bed frame for one of the bedrooms, I decided to try this one.
- TALL, TIMELESS & TRUSTED - Support your higher profile mattress with this platform bed’s 47-inch tall headboard, designed with a versatile navy shade and button-tufting as well as dependable, box spring-free mattress support
- DURABLY DESIGNED - Interior steel framework and dense foam padding add comfort and longevity; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
This bed frame is upholstered in a gorgeous dark navy-blue fabric. It matched the bedroom I needed it for perfectly; however, there are no other color options, so the navy can be limiting. I like that this bed comes in a full, queen, or king size. I generally like to use queen-sized beds in my rentals, but sometimes I need a full size for a smaller bedroom.
Top Features of the Zinus Upholstered Platform Bed Frame:
- 47-inch headboard, so it is ideal for thicker mattresses
- No box spring is necessary because it has wooden slats that support your mattress
- It has a durable steel frame and solid wood legs, so it’s built to last
- Almost 7 inches of clearance between the floor and the bed so you have room for storage
- Easy to assembly and includes all parts, tools, and instructions
After assembling this bed, I was so happy to see that it was sturdy and didn’t wobble or creak.
Although the headboard has soft foam padding and pretty button-tufted details, it is a little flimsy, so I am concerned about the long-lasting durability of this piece.
The Zinus Omkaram bed frame is very affordable, so it is an excellent option for furnishing your Airbnb rentals on a budget.
Best For Storage: DG Casa Mid Century Modern Tufted Upholstered Platform Bed Frame
The DG Casa Bed Frame is a beautiful midcentury modern piece perfect for a bedroom in your Airbnb that may need a little updating. This bed comes with a tufted beige fabric headboard in a queen or a king size. These limited options might not work for every décor, but this is a great fit in a neutral room.
- STRONG AND DURABLE BUILD – Expertly crafted and made to last, this queen bed frame will have you feeling safe and secure as you sleep. The bed frame is built from supremely durable solid wood construction to promote longevity and stability. Wooden slat support further enhances the durability of this queen size bed.
- SLEEP IN MID CENTURY MODERN STYLE - Sleep in style - Mid-century modern style, that is. This contemporary queen bed frame delivers the epitome of elegance and class. The soft beige, blind-tufted headboard and splayed legs of the queen bed frame make this a modern masterpiece you’ll feel excited to bring into your home.
This bed frame comes with sturdy slats, so it does not require a box spring. This is good because any mattress over 10 inches covers up most of the headboard details. DG Casa recommends using an 8-inch or 10-inch mattress with this frame. I used a 10-inch foam mattress on this bed, and it looks great.
This bed frame is great for under-the-bed storage because there is almost 12 inches of space between the floor and the frame. This also makes it very easy to clean underneath.
Top Features of the DG Casa Soloman bed frame:
- Sturdy wood frame
- Durable polyester fabric blend on the headboard
- Walnut veneer finish
As much as I like this bed frame, I did find some issues with it that raises some concern. Negatives of this bed frame include:
- Very difficult to assemble
- The back of the headboard is unfinished, so it must go against a wall
- The beige headboard was a darker beige than pictured
Even taking some of the negative aspects into account, I still really love this bed frame and how it looks in my room. It is very sturdy and durable, and I believe it will hold up well over time.
If your Airbnb rental is a really small space and you need extra storage, consider one of these folding guest beds. They are affordable and functional and will allow you to maximize the space in your rental.
Most Sophisticated Style: Zinus Faux Leather Upholstered Platform Bed Frame
If you’re looking to add a touch of sophistication to an Airbnb bedroom, the Zinus Faux Leather bed frame is a great option. This dark espresso leather bed frame looks great in a modern space like a loft apartment in a city.
- TALL, DARK & HANDSOME - Make an impression without screaming for attention with this edgy, modern platform bed design. A striking deep espresso faux leather upholstery and padded headboard pull together your room with sophistication
- DURABLE & FUNCTIONAL - Steel framework and foam padding add comfort and longevity; underbed clearance space of 7 inches is great for storage; twin size supports a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 700 lbs
This bed frame is especially perfect in a small space because there are almost 10 inches of space between the floor and the bed frame, allowing for ample storage room. Also, this bed comes in a twin, full, queen, king, and California king, so you won’t have an issue finding the perfect fit for your room.
I was amazed at how easy this frame was to assemble. The frame is made from sturdy steel and foam padding. Once put together, it looks expensive and it is very sturdy.
Top features of the Zinus Gerard bed frame:
- Durable wood slats, so there is no need for a box spring
- Vertical stitching in the headboard for a sleek, sophisticated look
I do have some concerns about the faux leather headboard holding up over time. Sometimes faux leather peels and cracks with age. I also don’t like that the legs are plastic, not wood. I am not sure how long the plastic legs will last with the wear and tear beds endure in rental properties. For the price point of this bed frame, I feel like Zinus skimped on the quality of the bed frame legs.
The Farmhouse Option: Victorian Vintage Style Platform Metal Bed Frame
If you are going for a farmhouse feel in your Airbnb, the Victorian Vintage Style bed frame is the perfect bed for your space. This metal frame comes in a sanded black, so it looks like a genuine antique bed. The powder coating will also prevent rusting. The frame is heavy-duty and high-quality and is supported by ten legs. I was surprised at how heavy the box it was shipped in was!
Top features of the Victorian Vintage Style bed frame:
- High quality and durability
- Effortless assembly and ships in one flat box
- 12 inches of storage space under the bed is perfect for small rooms and for cleaning underneath
- It can be used with or without a box spring, depending on your preference
- One-year manufacturer warranty and free replacement parts
Assembling this bed was difficult and required some patience. I put it together alone, and it took just over two hours. One thing I am also concerned about is whether this bed frame will be noisy. All the pieces are tightened using a hex key and will probably need to be periodically checked and tightened or the loosening can lead to a noisy, wobbly bed frame.
The Victorian Vintage Style Platform bed frame is priced very affordably and is perfect if you need a stylish bed frame for your rental property on a budget.
If vintage farmhouse isn’t your Airbnb style, check out our article about some of the best décor ideas for Airbnb rentals.