What makes a great Airbnb or vacation rental comforter? Hosts must consider several factors when choosing the best comforter for their rental. Not only must it look great in the bedroom and mesh well with the existing décor, it must also be suitable to a wide variety of guests. This means that it can’t be too thick or too thin, leaving guests either feeling stuffy or freezing. It also must be hypoallergenic, which means no feathers, wool, or other irritating materials.
Another factor to consider is how easy your comforter (and all your linens, for that matter) is to launder. This is doubly important if do your Airbnb’s laundry yourself. What volume can your washing machine and dryer accommodate? A relatively thin but still fluffy and warm comforter is ideal for washing purposes. Since you’ll probably be washing it pretty frequently, make sure to find one that won’t bunch up or get lumpy over time. Another option that some hosts opt for is to have their comforters professionally cleaned, either by a dry cleaner or laundry service. You’ll need to weigh your options to find what works best with your budget and schedule.
So What are the 5 Best Comforters for Airbnb or Vacation Rentals?
- Our Top Pick: Beckham Hotel Collection All Season Comforter
- Most Durable: Easeland Soft Quilted Hotel Collection Comforter
- Most Luxurious: Balichun All Season Reversible Down Alternative Comforter
- Most Versatile: Linenspa All Season Down Alternative Quilted Comforter
- Best Budget Pick: Utopia Bedding Down Alternative Comforter
All of these comforters work wonderfully in a triple sheeting setup as well, which makes your life as a host so much easier. Keep reading to see our top picks for Airbnb comforters!
Our Top Pick: Beckham Hotel Collection All Season Comforter
The Beckham Hotel Collection All Season Comforter is our number one overall pick for best Airbnb comforter. Hotel quality combined with affordability, this comforter strikes the balance that all Airbnb hosts are looking for.
Featuring a luxury goose-down alternative, it is hypoallergenic as well as environmentally friendly. It is super soft and lightweight, which is a huge plus when it comes to laundering! It’s also perfect for all seasons so you won’t have to bother with purchasing and storing multiple different comforters.
Pair it with a duvet cover for even easier washing and versatile styles, or leave it alone as an elegant and simplistic piece. There is sure to be a color that works well for your bedroom, which options ranging from gray to aqua. There are also sizes to fit every bed! Users report that the material is very soft, although unfortunately, some have had issues with washing it. For this reason, it’s very important to use the gentle cycle and cold water to avoid potential mishaps.
It’s important to have a cohesive look and feel in your Airbnb’s bedroom. This allows guests to enjoy the most relaxing experience possible, and helps get you those 5-star reviews! Having trouble finding recommendations for other types of bedding, or simply don’t know where to start? Check out our best vacation rental bedding article for more product recommendations and top tips.
- Be it a queen or king comforter, it's a royal welcome with our silky soft blankets.
- Our durable alternative down comforter offers superior craftsmanship, with precise hems & stitching.
- Made with microfiber that makes the bed comforter perfect for anyone
- Get cocooned and cozy in our lightweight twin bed comforter - machine washable for an easy clean!
- Want a pink comforter? Done! A grey comforter? Easy! Our bedding comes in 3 sizes & multiple colors!
- Machine washable and dryer friendly, all-seasons, hypoallergenic
- Multiple sizes and colors
- Hotel quality
- Rayon fabric
- Polyester fill can have a tendency to bunch up over time
- Needs extra care when washing
Most Durable Comforter: Easeland Soft Quilted Hotel Collection Comforter
The Easeland Soft Quilted Hotel Collection Comforter is Rental Recon’s pick for most durable comforter. Part of Easland’s Hotel Collection, this comforter’s quilted, down alternative design is ideal for Airbnb hosts as well. Most of the designs feature box stitching, which traps the filling layer and contains it to prevent leakage or bunching up during the washing process.
This annoying bunching is usually the number one complaint hosts have when it comes to comforters, making this one a fantastic choice. The filling is also in whole pieces rather than in bunches like most comforters and duvets. This further eliminates the lumpiness concern and makes washing a breeze.
The soft, breathable fabric is gentle on the skin and is also formulated to make zero noise, a huge plus for sensitive sleepers. The fabric’s moisture control means that it works great in both summer and winter.
While reviewers note that it does take a while to reach its full fluffiness due to being shipped in a vacuum-sealed container, it is ultra-luxurious when it finally does. The printed fabrics are reversible with the same design on both sides, perfect for when you need to quickly freshen up the bed.
- 1.Soft&Fluffy--The fabric of EASELAND comforter is SOFT and BREATHABLE, suitable for year round use. This comforter is fluffy and lightweight, not too heavy to pressure you. Simple but elegant design, fits various type of decoration, adding more beauty and coziness to your bedroom.
- 2.Premium Filling&Thermal Ability--Adopts PREMIUM polyfill, FLUFFY and well-distributed, without any concern for clumping or horrible odor. Ggreat choice for those who can't use goose down and feather bedding. Great ability of KEEPING WARM even on cold winter nights, maintains your bed at a COZY temperature, provides you with healthy and sound sleep.
- Variety of attractive styles and materials
- Button designs look elegant
- Very lightweight
- Durable hemming
- Machine washable with no shrinkage
- Whole piece filling won’t bunch up or leak
- Non-box stitched designs can get lumpy quickly
- Not all design options are hypoallergenic (be careful!)
Most Luxurious Comforter: Balichun All Season Reversible Down Alternative Comforter
Our most luxurious pick is the Balichun All Season Reversible Down Alternative Comforter. Another hotel collection line, this comforter features 105 GSM double brushed fabric for supreme comfort and an ultra-luxurious feel. Since it is filled with one entire piece of stuffing instead of smaller pieces or bunches, you can feel confident that this comforter will not get lumpy even with heavy laundering.
You and your guests will be able to enjoy a like-new comforter for years to come, and you’ll be spared the headache of washing and replacing an inferior quality product.
With its 100% hypoallergenic polyester filling, guests with sensitive skin or allergies can sleep comfortably. The fabric is also noiseless, ensuring everyone will get a great night’s rest. Considering not only the look but also the feel of your Airbnb’s bedding will help you imagine what kind of experience you’re providing to your guests. To help you craft the best experience possible, head over to our Airbnb bedding advice article for some more expert analysis.
- ✅ 1.Fabric&Filling: The cover of this comforter is made of 105 GSM double brushed fabric, extremely soft and skin-friendly. California King(96 by 104 inches) - Adopts whole piece of filling, which can avoid caking after washing. Unique box stitching technology, prevent the filling from leaking.
- ✅ 2.Healthy Sleep: 100% polyester filling, which can provide a sound sleep for those with sensitive skin. High quality fabric, which is also noiseless.
- Single piece filling
- Super soft
- Hotel quality
- Can be used as a standalone or with duvet cover
- Machine washable and dryer friendly
- Extra warmth might not be suitable for warmer climates or summer heat
- Microfiber material may not wear well with heavier use
Our Pick for Versatility: Linenspa All Season Down Alternative Quilted Comforter
For maximum versatility, the Linenspa All Season Down Alternative Quilted Comforter is an excellent choice. Linenspa offers a slew of options in color, style, size, and material making it super simple to find one (or more!) that fits in well with your Airbnb’s bedroom style. The comforters also feature eight built-in duvet loops so they can be easily paired with a duvet cover of your choice for even more flexibility.
Available in tons of colors and several patterns, it’s easy to see why the Linenspa All-Season Quilted Comforter won our pick for versatility. Featuring a microfiber down alternative filling and a 300 GSM weight, this comforter is a heavier option to provide a great cozy sleeping experience.
While it is listed as an all-season comforter, some hosts might find that it works better during cooler times of the year. As always, this comforter is hypoallergenic and has none of the annoying down feathers that can prick and irritate guests. It is practically odor-free, even after washing!
This is one of the few options I’ve come across that offers twin XL, California king, and oversized king sizing options. If you have a difficult or usual bed size in your Airbnb, definitely consider this comforter. Another tip is to purchase a comforter one size larger than your mattress. This creates the “sleeping in a cloud” sensation and is extra cozy.
Make sure you pair this with lots of pillows in various sizes and firmnesses to accommodate everyone’s sleeping needs. For some great product recommendations and even more ideas, our best pillows for Airbnb article is a great place to start.
3 used from $24.55
- ALL SEASON COMFORT: With 300 gsm of plush down alternative fill, this is the best all season comforter for hot sleepers. It’s lightweight for summer but ultra-soft and cozy for winter, making it the perfect option for any time of the year.
- ULTIMATE VERSATILITY: Whether you’re looking for a microfiber reversible comforter or an insert for duvet cover, we’ve got you covered. Eight built-in corner and side loops keep your down alternative comforter duvet insert in place.
- Machine washable
- Lots of styles and colors
- Uncommon sizing options
- 3-year warranty, reversible
- Might be too heavy weight for some preferences
Best Budget Comforter: Utopia Bedding Down Alternative Comforter
Hosts don’t have to break the bank in order to provide a top-notch stay for their guests. The Utopia Bedding Down Alternative Comforter is our pick for best budget comforter. Its low price makes it easy to stock up on two or three of these comforters, enabling you to wash them less frequently and change them out more quickly without having to wait on them to dry.
Available in classic white, navy, or gray, this comforter is super stylish and features piped edges to give it an even more professional and elegant look. Its siliconized fiberfill gives it a heftier 250 GSM weight, which many guests will appreciate, although some may find it slightly uncomfortable.
This comforter is machine washable, but some reviewers report it not holding up in their home washing machines. For this reason, it is recommended to wash it on a gentle cold cycle or even to have it professionally dry cleaned. This does make it slightly less budget-friendly but will ensure your comforter lasts as long as possible.
Giving your guests the best rental experience possible is always the top priority of hosts. However, if you’re new to hosting or are looking for some ideas on how to freshen up your space, it can be overwhelming and difficult to know where to begin. Our best blankets for Airbnb article can give you some great ideas, product recommendations, and reviews so you can be confident in your next purchase.
9 used from $22.07
- HIGH-QUALITY - Ensures durability through strong stitching and is manufactured using high-quality filling
- BOX STYLE STITCHING - Crisp looking comforter featuring Piped Edges with an elegant Box Style Stitching Pattern that not only looks beautiful, but prevents the fill from shifting during the night, ensuring a comfortable sleep
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE - Made using soft material with siliconized fiber filling that provides a comfy and cozy feel throughout the night
- Box stitching
- Piped edges
- Machine washable
- Very budget-friendly
- Needs gentle care with washing
- Heavier weight might be uncomfortable for some
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- The 5 Best Sheets for Airbnb: Cotton, Microfiber, Wrinkle Resistant and More…
- The Best Wrinkle Free Sheets for Airbnb: Easy Care Sheets for Your Property Rental
- The 5 Best Luggage Racks for Airbnb: Sturdy & Elegant Options for Hosts
Mattresses are one of the most costly investments hosts make for their Airbnbs. Be sure to pick one that is comfortable (of course), but also durable and built to last. I usually recommend erring on the side of firmness when it comes to mattresses, as they tend to soften up slightly with frequent use anyways.
A good box spring will help with this as well. Properly covering your new mattress with waterproof and easily washable covers will help you get the most mileage. Check out our best mattresses for Airbnb article for even more tips and product recommendations.
There is a tradeoff between the time, money, and energy you spend as a host doing your own laundering versus the amount of time or money you’d save by having it done professionally.
If you already have a high-volume commercial washing machine or something very close to it, you might be okay with handling the laundry yourself. If you’re having to turn over your rental quickly, though, it might be worth it to invest in a laundry service and multiple sets of linens.