Last Updated on June 19, 2023 by Rental Recon
You’ve probably put a lot of thought into the furniture and amenities of your rental, but what about when it comes to the kitchen? A few paper plates and a microwave aren’t going to cut it for most guests, so I’m here to share my top recommendations for the best pots & pans for Airbnb:
What are the Best Pots & Pans for Airbnb?
- Ultimate Stainless Steel Copper Bottom 13-Piece Cookware Set
- Nonstick Cookware Pots & Pans Set, 12-piece
- Soft Grip 16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
- Steel Premium Hammered Cookware
Why Get Cookware for Your Airbnb?
An Airbnb should be a home away from home. Travelers who stay at Airbnbs want convenience when they travel. They usually travel for longer periods of time than people who stay in hotels. They are also usually budget travelers, so they are looking to save money. They may have dietary restrictions so they may prefer to cook rather than eat out.
An Airbnb with a full cookware set can help travelers save money on food and supplies. This would allow them to cook some or most of their meals in the home. You will attract more travelers to your Airbnb if you can provide supplies such as cookware, silverware, plates, cups, mixing bowls, etc.
Factors to Consider When Buying Cookware for Your Airbnb
There are several factors to consider when buying cookware for your Airbnb. You’ll want to decide what type of material the cookware is made from before you purchase a set. Cost may be a factor, as better quality cookware is more expensive, but will last longer. You will want to provide pots and pans in different sizes.
Or you may be ok with replacing the cookware more often. How easy it is to clean the cookware could be an important factor in what material the cookware will be made from. Finally, the style of the cookware might impact your decision.
Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Carbon Steel & Copper
Stainless steel, aluminum, carbon steel, and copper are good choices because they are durable and easy to clean. They may need to be replaced more depending on the quality of the set you purchase.
Ceramic will be the easiest to clean and is more environmentally friendly than the old non-stick pans, but may get scratched easily with metal silverware or cooking utensils. They may need to be replaced more often. You might want to provide only cooking utensils that you know won’t scratch the cookware, like silicone or wood.
Cast Iron will last longer but may be difficult to clean and will be hard to handle because cast iron pots and pans are usually very heavy. Cast iron pans have great heat distribution and, over time, they become “seasoned.” However, they may not be the best choice for short-stay guests.
Ease of Cleaning
Ease of cleaning the cookware for your guests is a very important factor to consider when purchasing cookware for your Airbnb. If you have a dishwasher in your rental (a huge plus!), you will want to purchase cookware that is dishwasher safe.
You should provide the correct cleaning products, like sponges and scrub brushes, in the home for ease of the renter. As noted above, stainless steel and ceramic are probably the easiest cookware to clean.
Style of the cookware may not be an important factor to you, but is something to consider. You may want to get a matching set for aesthetic purposes; perhaps a set that coordinates with the color of your kitchen or matches the style of the rental.
Ceramic pots and pans come in all sorts of colors now, with matching handles and lids. It might be nice to display the set prominently in the kitchen either on a hanging pot rack or in a cabinet with a glass door. Copper pots have a vintage look to them, which can make a beautiful display.
Stainless Steel Copper Bottom 13-Piece Cookware Set
If you’re starting with absolutely nothing and looking the get your vacation rental’s kitchen swell-stocked, I highly recommend this cookware set. It has absolutely everything a guest could need to cook a gourmet meal (and then some!). These 13 pieces appointed with attractive copper detailing will look stunning in any kitchen.
- Set includes: 8 inches fry pan, 10.5 inches fry pan, 12 inches fry pan with lid, 1 quart saucepan with lid, 2 quart; Saucepan with lid, 3 quart; Saucepan with lid, 5 quart; Dutch oven with lid and stainless steel steamer
- Multi layer strength: Heavy gauge base with multiple layers of copper, stainless steel and aluminum for fast, even heat; Durable 18/10 stainless steel; Visible copper bottom helps channel heat from the center outward
Each piece is suitable for stovetop cooking, as well as with induction burners and in the oven up to a whopping 500 degrees! They’re also dishwasher safe, so no messy cleanup for you or your guests.
Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12-piece
If you like your kitchen to be as spunky and full of personality as you are, check out this colorful and fun set. A matching set always looks great, and this one even comes with a slotted spoon and spatula.
5 used from $89.50
- DURABLE DESIGN: Nonstick pots and pans from Rachael Ray are crafted with durable aluminum and sturdy hard enamel porcelain exteriors to stand up to busy kitchens
- ENHANCED NONSTICK: Cookware set features espresso-colored nonstick for effortless food release and easy cleanup
- CONVENIENCE AND CONTROL: The 12-piece nonstick cookware set boasts dual-riveted rubberized stainless steel handles and shatter-resistant glass lids; includes slotted turner and spoon
16pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set
Another colorful and fun number, this nonstick cookware set comes in several audacious and eye-catching varieties. Several saucepan sizes come standard to fit everyone’s needs, as well as a few cooking spoons and even a steamer basket.
8 used from $73.59
- SET INCLUDES: 4” mini frying pan, 7” and 9.5” frying pans, 1QT and 2QT saucepans with lids, 5QT stock pot with lid, 2.5QT sauté pan with lid, 7” stainless steel steamer, and 4 kitchen utensils
- HEALTHY CERAMIC NONSTICK: Our healthy and easy-to-clean ceramic nonstick coating is derived from sand and delivers effortless release with quick cleanup
- TOXIN-FREE: Our coating is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium so you can make every meal healthier
Gotham Steel Premium Hammered Cookware
My personal favorite, hammered pots and pans can be a standalone cookware set or accent your existing fully outfitted rental’s kitchen. A super trendy and classy hammered copper exterior will elevate the cooking experience and satisfy even the most finicky of chefs.
- Elegant yet practical – the Gotham Steel hammered collection is beautiful and makes a statement in every kitchen, yet nonstick, lightweight, scratch resistant and dishwasher safe!
- Ultra nonstick – the award winning Ti-Cerama coating ensures the ultimate easy release -- everything just slides right off the pan, No need for oil or butter – Ever. Set includes - 8. 15" Skillet, 9. 75 fry pan with tempered glass lid, 2 quart stock pot with tempered glass lid
Wondering what else you’ll need to outfit your dream vacation rental? Check out my Essentials article HERE!
Rental Recon Tip: Finding great cooking supplies for your vacation rental is about striking a balance between price point, functionality, and durability. Don’t be afraid to spend a little more up front to get something that lasts longer and works better. Don’t forget to make sure you have every item on the kitchen supplies checklist!