**As an Amazon Associate, Rentalrecon.com earns from qualifying purchases.
Providing guests with the necessities is a basic part of being an Airbnb host. However, as hosts, in order to create a truly special and memorable experience for our guests, we need to go above and beyond just the bare necessities. It is important to consider how each amenity benefits our guests as well as the feasibility of keeping these items stocked and at the ready. If you’re looking for the best bulk shampoo for Airbnb, you’ve come to the right place.
Go To Airbnb Bedroom Essentials >>
Bulk options are excellent and suit all the criteria that we hosts look for when selecting something to include in our rentals: they are easy to use, economical, and extremely functional. Buying in bulk saves money and time for hosts, as we don’t have to be constantly refilling and replacing pricey individual bottles. It is also easier for guests to use, as these options can all be incorporated into a handy dispenser like this one. Simply label the available options and you’re good to go!
So What is the Best Bulk Shampoo for Airbnb? Here are Our Top Picks:
- Our Favorite: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Bulk Shampoo
- Runner Up: ShiKai – Natural Everyday Cleansing Shampoo
- Best Low Price Option: Ginger Lily Farms Club & Fitness Aloe Vera Bulk Shampoo
- Redken All Soft Bulk Shampoo
- Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo
- Puracy Natural Daily Shampoo Refill
- TRESemme 4+4 Deep Cleansing Bulk Shampoo
- McKesson Cucumber Melon Conditioning Shampoo & Body Wash
Keep reading below for a detailed look at why you should definitely add these bulk shampoos to your Airbnb’s bathroom!
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Bulk Shampoo
If you’re in the market for an ultra-high quality salon brand to impress your guests, look no further than the Paul Mitchel Awapuhi Shampoo. Conveniently available in a gallon bottle, this bulk shampoo works great for all hair types (including color-treated hair). Made with Hawaiian Awapuhi, it locks in moisture and has special conditioners in its formula to improve the overall texture of hair. While brands of this caliber are certainly an investment on your part, guests will take notice of your dedication to providing quality Airbnb amenities.
This is an amazingly luxurious product that smells amazing. We use this in our Airbnb's and have had many positive comments on this shampoo.
ShiKai – Natural Everyday Cleansing Bulk Shampoo
A great natural shampoo, the ShiKai Everyday Cleansing Shampoo is plant-based and contains no soaps or detergents, making is the best option for healthy hair. It will also appeal to more eco-friendly guests as its large, 128-ounce container reduces waste and makes it easy to refill your Airbnb shampoo dispenser.
- CLEAN YOUR HAIR WITH SHIKAKAI EXTRACT: Special botanical extract obtained from the fruit of an East Asian acacia tree. It is this extract which provides rich, dense, gentle lather and leaves hair shiny and manageable.
- SAFE & GENTLE, EVERY DAY HAIRCARE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: Clean your hair with wildcrafted and sustainably harvested shikakai extract. pH balanced and gentle on hair and scalp. Low detergent, extra mild. No animal testing or ingredients.
Ginger Lily Farms Club & Fitness Aloe Vera Moisturizing Bulk Shampoo
For a super economical choice, consider the Ginger Lily Farms Club & Fitness Aloe Vera Moisturizing Shampoo. Don’t let the low price fool you: this bulk shampoo for Airbnb is paraben, sulfate, phosphate, gluten and cruelty-free! It is also 100% vegan, and Ginger Lily Farms is actually PETA certified. Great for any and all hair types, this shampoo uses vitamin B5 along with aloe and flaxseed to smooth and revitalize hair. This shampoo is an especially great one to feature in your home’s manual, as most guests appreciate a conscientious environmental and ethical choice.
- Moisturizing Shampoo: Instantly smooths, restores and revitalizes dry hair with lasting moisture for incredibly soft, shiny hair. Suitable for all hair types.
- Refreshing Aloe Vera Scent: The light Aloe Vera scent will leave you feeling soothed and refreshed.
- Naturally Derived Ingredients: Enriched with naturally derived botanicals to lock in moisture and nourish dry hair. Toxin-free formula is paraben, sulfate, phosphate and gluten-free.
Redken All Soft Shampoo
Another longstanding salon favorite, Redken makes their All Soft Shampoo with special argan oil to give users up to fifteen times the conditioning of a regular formula shampoo. It strengthens the core of the hair itself over time, but even your short-term guests will still appreciate its luxury and quality. This fantastic all-purpose shampoo does come with a bit of a salon-level price tag, but it cannot be overstated how worthwhile it is to invest in a great quality guest experience.
- Redken professional salon shampoo formulated with Argan Oil, a plant oil that softens and moisturizes and conditions hair from root to tip. Leaves hair silky soft with increased manageability, suppleness and shiny look and feeling of hair.
- Shampoo for dry hair formulated with Redken's Moisture Complex. Provides conditioning, hydration, moisture, silkiness and healthy look of hair. For fine to medium hair types in need of moisture and nourishment.
Joico Moisture Recovery Bulk Shampoo
Having an option for guests with color-treated hair is very important. The Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo is great for highlighted hair as it both nourishes and brightens hair while still cleansing it thoroughly. It restores optimal pH in the scalp and hair environment and helps prevent brassiness in blonder colors. Another slightly pricier option, this bulk shampoo is well worth the money and will add to an overall luxurious and spa-like experience for your guests.
- Comes with (1) 33.8-Ounce shampoo and (1) 33.8-Ounce conditioner
- Gently cleanses hair without stripping vital moisture
- Helps replenish loss moisture and restores smoothness & elasticity
- Easily detangles dry hair
- Reduces breakage by up to 55% and adds softness, smoothness, and shine
Rental Recon Tip: Be sure to label the available options when using a shampoo dispenser. This will not only allow you to showcase fancy brand names and product attributes to your guests, but it is imperative in case someone has a sensitivity to a certain brand or ingredient. If you don’t want to put labels directly on the dispenser itself, it’s also easy to include a small section of information in your Airbnb house manual.
Puracy Natural Daily Bulk Shampoo Refill
For an even more environmentally friendly option, check out the Puracy Natural Daily Bulk Shampoo Refill pack. It comes in a waste-reducing 64-ounce container, saving you the hassle of emptying out smaller containers into your dispenser over and over again. The convenient pour spout makes filling your dispenser a breeze, and the bag-like package naturally shrinks as the product inside decreases which is great for saving space!
This new, extra-foamy formulation is sulfate-free and coconut-based, giving your guests a highly moisturizing and cleansing shampoo that is still gentle on the scalp. There are no harsh chemicals, unlike some other brands, and this bulk shampoo is free of drying salicylates, parabens, phosphates, perfumes and more. It is even non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and vegan– truly an eco-friendly option.
- Reformulated for 2020 after partnering with a team of clean beauty and hair care professionals for 6 months in our hometown – Austin, Texas
- Go Longer Between Washes: On average, 3 days between washes with the same beauty and feel as day 1, which rivals the top (synthetic) shampoo and conditioner combos on the market
- The Feel of Dimethicone Without Using a Single Drop: Enter LexFeel N5, a brand new plant-derived ingredient which we are the first to put in a hair care product; mimics the slick, frictionless feeling that a silicone (almost all conditioners have them) provides without any silicone at all
TRESemme 4+4 Deep Cleansing Bulk Shampoo
Another extremely economical bulk option, the TRESemme 4+4 Deep Cleansing Shampoo comes in a large gallon container and is a great multi-purpose shampoo. TRESemme has long been a household name and is known for its salon-quality products. This bulk Airbnb shampoo uses four unique essential vitamins and four distinct humectants to guarantee shine, body, and volume.
It is safe and works well with all hair types and won’t strip color (even from newly colored hair). Its extra-thick lather feels so luxurious, and it even has built-in conditioners and moisturizers so it can be used all on its own.
Check Out Our Other Articles on Rental Recon:
- The Best Bulk Airbnb Supplies & Airbnb Bulk Toiletries for Hosts
- The Best Color for Airbnb Towels- 2022: White Vs. Color
- 3 Best Airbnb Shampoo Dispensers for Hosts 
McKesson Cucumber Melon Conditioning Bulk Shampoo & Body Wash
Whether you’re short on space or just trying to be economical, a 2-in-1 option is a great way to be efficient while still providing the necessary amenities to your guests. This bulk shampoo and body wash combo by McKesson is soothing and conditioning to both skin and hair. Its clean cucumber scent appeals to everyone, and it even features a no-rinse formula! This makes it especially great for rentals that cater to families, or that feature a lot of outdoor activities where guests will be bathing frequently.
- 2 in 1 shampoo and body wash with soothing properties that provide a pleasant bathing and washing experience for people with delicate skin and scalps
- Shampoo contains natural conditioners that make it easy for users to clean, detangle and manage their hair every day
- Body wash and shampoo enhanced with protein, lanolin, aloe vera, and collagen, making it suitable for cleaning, calming, softening, and nourishing the skin
Travel-Size vs. Bulk Shampoo
There are two sorts of shampoo to supply for guests: travel-size and bulk. The hosts supply small personal amenities for each guest, such as travel-size shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. In the meantime, they buy bulk shampoo in gallon bottles and utilize refillable bottles or wall-mounted soap and shampoo dispensers. In the end, it’s up to the host’s discretion; one alternative isn’t necessarily preferable to the other. Below, we’ll go over the benefits and drawbacks of each option.
Bulk Shampoo Pros and Cons
There are a few advantages to buying bulk shampoo rather than travel-size shampoo. To begin with, it is typically less expensive; hosts may purchase gallon-size shampoo, conditioner, and body wash and then just refill their reusable bottles or dispensers as required. They are not required to refill between each guest’s stay.
Furthermore, hosts can select refillable bottles or dispensers that complement the overall look of their vacation property. Buying shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in bulk and using refillable bottles and dispensers is also healthier for the environment. Bulk shampoo can help you appeal to a new generation of visitors who want to stay in ecologically friendly and sustainable vacation homes.
Of course, some tourists choose to purchase travel-size shampoos that they believe are the best for Airbnb. They aren’t keen on the idea of sharing soap and shampoo bottles with other vacation rental house visitors.
Travel-Size Shampoo Pros and Cons
When hosts supply travel-size shampoo, visitors receive personalized luxuries that they may take home and enjoy in the future. Many visitors like it, and travel-size shampoo and conditioner might be thought of as a modest present from the host, which is always appreciated. Expect excellent feedback from visitors who were able to take the finest shampoo for Airbnb home with them.
The negative is that hosts will need to purchase a large quantity of travel-size shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in order to provide new, unopened products to each visitor that stays at their vacation rental. Another downside is that travel-size things are not very eco-friendly or long-lasting. Although not all tourists are concerned, the tourism industry has been shifting toward more environmentally friendly methods in recent years.
What are the Best Airbnb Toiletries?
As we’ve discussed, selecting what items to include in an Airbnb is all about finding a balance between economy and quality. Pick things that you can keep a good supply of readily on hand, but that guests will still enjoy using. It’s also easy to add a touch of luxury by having a fancy lotion or two on hand.
Be sure to keep extras of common toiletry items on hand like toothbrushes and travel deodorant, your guests will definitely appreciate it! Check out our bathroom essentials article for even more great options. Or check out our best toiletries for Airbnb article.
Which Items Do Guests Most Commonly Forget to Bring?
Hotels offer complimentary toiletries, so why shouldn’t you? Guests will be eternally grateful if you can provide something crucial like a toothbrush, comb, or even a razor that they may have forgotten to pack. Other commonly forgotten items are toothpaste, hairbrushes, dental floss, and shaving cream.